Sorry son...I need an adult to sign for this package

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Coverage

So I'm 20 years old....the issue is I dont look 20 years old to alot of people. Now its not that big of an issue and in another 20 years I'll wish that I looked younger, but its still awkwardly problematic.

Alot of people insist that I look around 16, and there is visually a big difference between 16 and 20. I get carded for everything.

"sorry, I'm gonna need to see your ID before you I can let you buy this chewing gum...the flavor is intense"
"huh?"

Then the delivery guy.

"Could you go get your mother? I need an adult to sign for this"
"O really? Just give me the pen!"

Then the women who are all:

"Wow, you are such a sweetheart"....and want to pinch my cheeks.

Its good to know that if the need should arise, I could sneak back into my High School posed as a 10th grader.

Teacher: "Hey You! Why are you heading out to the parking lot? You cant drive! The buses run out back!" :club:

And in an unrelated note.....Isnt it odd how when you log into an MSN account you haven't used in years, you look around at the 30 or so contacts...and you have no idea who the heck any of them are?

By the way if you feel like you wasted an entire min. of your life that you will never get back then please...bust my chops about it.

-The End-

Someday you won't mind being carded all the time. Trust me on this.

Spare said:
Someday you won't mind being carded all the time. Trust me on this.

Even when I'm old I'll still be carded all the time just so I can get the senior discount.

On a serious note, I know looking younger isnt all bad. I betterv enjoy it while it lasts :D

Hahaha lol those are some funny examples...but I get your point.

It IS annoying to get carded at age 24 for buying an R-rated movie at the store. "Do I really look 17? If I WERE 17, do you really think that Gladiator is going to harm my tender little mind?" lol

But the same cashier (I know the woman) never cards me when I buy tobacco. Only R-movies. Weird.

----Steve

You will start enjoying it in sometime lol. They used to ask my id proof in pubs lol, though been over a year. I hope I look enough matured now :p

Last year sometime I got ID'd for rizlas! I wasn't even buying tobacco, surely for rizlas you shouldnt get ID'd!! Crazy!

I always think it's great to look younger, that way when you're old you can always lie about your age. :)

:D HAHAHAHA! You just made my day Coverage.

I have the exact same problem.
Everyone thinks I'm younger than I am. My biggest problem isn't getting carded but that a lot of 12-15 year old have crushes on me. As a 16 year old I had an 8 year old chasing me trying to kiss me (It really wierded me out).
It's a little disturbing.
:( Can't get a girl my own age to love me but a 12 year old... I am sure in a few years the age difference won't matter but right now it does.

Just remember that at least you can prove your age ;)

LMAO Aedammair you cracked me up, that must be a real unique experience =] It's hard to find girls of your own age huh, i know how it feels lol, well you better weight another 6 years for the girl so you can legally love her :D

Well, i also look very young for my age, 19, plus my height won't really help me look much older lmao, am a lil bigger than 5'6... T_T
But ye it can be annoying, but you can't really change the way you look, unless you want to undergo churgery o_O Maybe start growing a beard, or mustache, makes you look older. :D

lol this is a funny thread. I definantly get carded all the time. I get carded for buying like a lotto scratch off. When I got my current job a few months ago... they asked me if I was at least 18 yet so that I could wear the adult colored name tag LOL. My immediate manager also had to ask so that I could operate the oven/bread slicer and knives. One of my cowokers recently asked me if I got off of school because of the snow, another asked me if I was in the same class as one of the high school cashiers. I've had young teens ask me which school i'm in to see if i'm in any of thier classes... lol one guy asked me if i was legal yet.... lol I'll be 24 years old next month, all those things happened in the last 3 months. LOL 24!!!

Haha funny stories, everyone. :D

Guys: If you want to look about 10 years older, you should grow a beard. When I have a beard I look like I'm 28...and without one I look about 17.

RebeccaSarah33: LOL well I guess you can use that to get rid of the creepers...when they ask if you're legal, just tell them you aren't! :p

----Steve

Aedammair said:
:D HAHAHAHA! You just made my day Coverage.

I have the exact same problem.
Everyone thinks I'm younger than I am. My biggest problem isn't getting carded but that a lot of 12-15 year old have crushes on me. As a 16 year old I had an 8 year old chasing me trying to kiss me (It really wierded me out).
It's a little disturbing.
:( Can't get a girl my own age to love me but a 12 year old... I am sure in a few years the age difference won't matter but right now it does.

Just remember that at least you can prove your age ;)

LMFAOO HAHHAA. LOL sorry for laughing but that was some funny honeysuckle man :p Being chased by an 8 yr old haha. For looking young, you win with both hands tied :p

Haha, I had to lol at that bubble gum example "the flavour is... intense" hehe.

Well you know I look older for my age so I can get into clubs and whatnot, but you know I have the same philosophy as you: It's nice to have everyone think I'm older now, but wait 20 years and I'll hope the exact opposite.

Can you grow a beard? I've got a beard and ppl think I look 27, 28. When I tell them I just turned 23 they don't believe it.

Now if I'm clean shaven I look 20.

Haha funny stuff. Ive never had the front door thing although I did get Id'd in Asda just last year for buying a Dvd that had a 15 age mark on it!! As I work in a shop I dont get all bothered about it and luckily always have my ID in my wallet whenever Im ina shop anyway. Its just I was 19 at the time! I think most people think Im about 19/20 but have had some weird estimates from people who think Im in my mid 20s!
Another story is when I was about 14 or 15 I got Id'd in a shop for a can of Red Bull as the (stupid) woman behind the counter was under the impression it contained some form of alcohol and therefore couldnt sell me it. Being a Red Bull addict at the time, upon hearing this I was understandably abusive to this woman.

Not sure if any of you have experienced this but since I have worked in shops selling alcohol/cigs and have been subject to this I have a lot of respect for people who work in shops and never give them a hard time if they ID me or whatever. Kind of like a mutual respect thing..
I think one of the main issues over here in UK is that although the legal age is 18(cigs) & 21(alcohol) a lot of the shops have these policies where if you 'look under 25' you will be ID'd lol. More so, I actually know a 36 year old who got ID under this policy recentley.

I work as a store clerk my self (we only sell cigarettes + other normal stuff, but not beer), but I normally don't bother to ask for ID unless the person who asks for cigarette's is really obviously under 18. But yhea I get what you're saying about the mutual respect thing, as I've had three different jobs (all as a clerk) over the past 4 years, and if I'm out shopping and the guy/woman behind register makes a mistake or maybea is new to the job, I always smile and try to be patient and be helpful yknow?

But yhea, at the place I work atm (I won't say the business' name as I am very loyal even if it's just my job lol) we sell hot dogs and stuff, and the hygiene is totally awful. We, the staff wash our hands properly and stuff, but the shop is so filthy, and sometimes we even sell things that are out of date. Word to the wise: Be careful where you buy your fast food, even if the place looks nice.

Mirrorball: Haha that's nothing. In the U.S., Wall-Mart now has a policy in most of its stores that if you look like you're under 40 yrs-old, they'll ask for an ID. (It's 18 for cigs and 21 for alcohol here, too). That's just ridiculous, IMHO. -_-

----Steve

Badjedidude said:
Mirrorball: Haha that's nothing. In the U.S., Wall-Mart now has a policy in most of its stores that if you look like you're under 40 yrs-old, they'll ask for an ID. (It's 18 for cigs and 21 for alcohol here, too). That's just ridiculous, IMHO. -_-

----Steve

Whaa? That's just silly :/

I also look younger than I am. It's fine though. I don't mind being carded. Most of my family is like that too.

Badjedidude said:

----Steve

Ha thats so ironic as the shop I work in I used to joke with the customers when I Id'd them and they asked why Id say 'if you look under 45 will need to Id you'. Some of them actually believed it and thought it was true lol.

Latest posts

Back