Speaking to Certain People

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deprimise

Reaction score
I'm not sure if comes here but here goes.

I tend to be different around different people. Around my friends I just say and act however I want. Around strangers I can be funny and start up a decent conversation. But around some people I tend to be extremely quiet and almost never talk.
Like I have this group of friends who I would hang out with all the time the first quarter of college. And then I slowly fazed them out and started hanging out with other people. I still hang out with the old group every now and then, but I'm quiet around them. And also, people who I find kinda intimidating. I get really quiet around them, unless they're in my face, in which case, I will get physical if it needs to be.
But yea, anyone else have this? Only being quiet around a certain group of individuals?

There's nothing unusual about it, everyone needs the opportunity to feel comfortable around people.

Group dynamics. Some people have incredibly forceful personalities and can steal spotlight. On a good day I can attract a LOT of attention and keep it entertained and amused. On a bad day I don't even want to look at another person, let alone interact with them, so I become quiet. On a malicious day I will watch for weakness and flaw and then gently scratch at it.

1 person, 3 different personality types. Normal is such a failed word. Normal applies the peak of a bell curve, which by mathematical necessity, no one can reach.

Yep. When I was a kid I used to be afraid of men, mostly because my father was rarely if ever around so when around my friends fathers I used to be afraid of them. Now I'm not as intimidated being older but there are a few guys that intimidate me. I'm fine around women as long as its for friend purposes being raised by my mother. There are people I can talk to easily and I think they sometimes regret striking up a conversation with me. Just this week I had a few customers that would start a conversation then inch their way towards the door because I just kept talking. I have people tell me that once they get to know me I'm a completely different person, I'm more talkative where I can be shy and introverted.

How you act round people is based on your personality, I think most people are like this, it's nothing unusual.

Latest posts

Back