Sports game players?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeyondShy

Reaction score
I am not surprised at all to learn that sports game players can't be found here or really anywhere for that matter. We seem to be people that stick close to each other.

I think sports games maybe tend to be a bit more niche and harder to get into for people who are not massive fans of the sport in question. At some point I'd like to get into NHL (although not with what they did to the latest release).

What kind of sports games are you into? There might be some players here.

Katerina said:
I think sports games maybe tend to be a bit more niche and harder to get into for people who are not massive fans of the sport in question. At some point I'd like to get into NHL (although not with what they did to the latest release).

Baseball, football, hockey and golf. Mostly baseball.

It is definitely hard to find casual sports gamers online. I know I gave up trying and only play them solo anymore as the communities are filled with the hard core gamers who have 1000+ hours in or people who try the game once then disappear when they get hammered by someone.

wolvesjr said:
It is definitely hard to find casual sports gamers online. I know I gave up trying and only play them solo anymore as the communities are filled with the hard core gamers who have 1000+ hours in or people who try the game once then disappear when they get hammered by someone.

I agree. But I am going to stick with the sports titles because I have never been able to get into games like Call of Duty.

I tried to get into FIFA 15 but unlike my best friend i didn't spend a ton of money on packs and now that game is pretty much going under so i'm glad i didn't play it much besides 1v1.

Katerina said:

Soccer. I watch it a lot too and my favorite teams are bayern and liverpool. On a side note, as far as my classes are concerned, i have no history next semester, just like Chelsea. :O)

I love hockey games. Haven't played one in a few years though. I did want to get the latest one and see if I'm still as good as I was.

VanillaCreme said:
I love hockey games. Haven't played one in a few years though. I did want to get the latest one and see if I'm still as good as I was.

I might be able to help you here. You won't need the latest one to have the best gameplay either.

First you need a copy of NHL 2004 which you can find on Amazon.

Then you need to go to a website called NHL 04 Rebuilt and download the mod to play the game. I gave you the link to the installation thread. You need to register on that site to get the files. Registration is free.

Here is a Youtube video of how the mod looks and plays:
[video=youtube]

Oh, I know I don't need the latest. Who does NHL games? 2k? I think 2k has all the rights to the major sports leagues. If I really had to pick, I'd get the 2006 game again. Or one of the other earlier ones.

VanillaCreme said:
Oh, I know I don't need the latest. Who does NHL games? 2k? I think 2k has all the rights to the major sports leagues. If I really had to pick, I'd get the 2006 game again. Or one of the other earlier ones.

This game I was referring to EA sports makes it.

wolvesjr said:

Call of duty's the same. Nothing but try-hards and 12 year olds. However, GTA V is becoming that way too. :/

niceguysfinishlast said:
wolvesjr said:

Call of duty's the same. Nothing but try-hards and 12 year olds. However, GTA V is becoming that way too. :/

Doesn't if you play with people you know. I refuse to play with randoms in GTA V. That's something I'll never do.

Latest posts

Back