Suggestion for Health and Fitness

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the tips :3 I'll give those a go! <3

zibafu said:
MrPaul said:
I cycle to work, I work with Trees & related stuff (climbing yay :3), so there is exercise... I have an awful diet and my body type hasn't changed, just slim and slightly toned... I bet my pancreas is having a bad time though... I eat wayyyyy to much chocolate n ice-cream :eek: Maybe if I had a good diet I could get buff *Ponders* but that would take effort

Oh Motivation, where art thou?

So yeah, any motivational tips for eating healthily? xD

one of the things about diets to me is - your body knows what it wants and needs, this is why we pass waste afterall, so as long as you eat proper foods and not tons of junk food you should be doing fine, as for the sweet tooth, there are a couple of options - firstly try buying fruit. Fruit is awesome, and tastes great.

Secondly if you feel the need for a chocolatey snack try having a glass of water, this fills your stomach up slightly and can help get rid of the desire

Reet just booked a holiday for summer 2015 with my friend and our kids. Weirdly we botb weigh the same and have a fair bit to lose. So we are both starting Tuesday and we will weigh each other at her house same time each week. We both hope to lose on average a pound a week. My friend is going to follow a very low fat diet that she worked out herself and has worked for her before. I am going to follow weight watchers which works well for me, when my head is in the zone. I am going to couple it with more walking, a couple of visits to the gym a week and maybe two days a week doing a DVD I have which is effective but designed for larger people so it doesnt cause damage. Not sure why I posted, maybe to reinforce my pledge to myself. But if anyone has any suggestions to keep me on track please share. I struggle most with emotional eating, especially when I am stressed I can binge.

GraceBlossom said:
Reet just booked a holiday for summer 2015 with my friend and our kids. Weirdly we botb weigh the same and have a fair bit to lose. So we are both starting Tuesday and we will weigh each other at her house same time each week. We both hope to lose on average a pound a week. My friend is going to follow a very low fat diet that she worked out herself and has worked for her before. I am going to follow weight watchers which works well for me, when my head is in the zone. I am going to couple it with more walking, a couple of visits to the gym a week and maybe two days a week doing a DVD I have which is effective but designed for larger people so it doesnt cause damage. Not sure why I posted, maybe to reinforce my pledge to myself. But if anyone has any suggestions to keep me on track please share. I struggle most with emotional eating, especially when I am stressed I can binge.

How much do you weigh ? (yes I asked that forbidden question :club: )

Instead of just dieting and the gym, find something that you can both do that is a lot of fun to do, for example swimming, take the kids swimming but make sure you do a few lengths every time.

Don't just focus on losing weight, why not turn it into something useful ?
Don't get to invested in using the scales to see your progress, just exercise for the pleasure of self improvement, get that mentality and you will find you wanna do more and more.

My go to suggestion for anyone looking to lose weight, get fit etc is to take up a martial art, you'll get in shape, and learn a skill, meet new people and have fun doing it!

Good luck

^ Thanks for respondig :). What do I weigh, I am brave enough to share because I give a f#$k if people are going to judge me on it anymore. So currently I weigh 19st 12lbs. I am 5'4" so for a female my height the heaviest considered healthy is 10st 6lbs or less.

Yeah I see what you say about doing stuff with the kids which I plan on doing more energetic things, that upto knownthey have been to young for me to do with. As far as my friend is concerned, she has a form of Agrophobia which she is having treatment for which means going out is near impossible. We are hoping she will be better for summer next year (she suffered a horrific attack last year when she was heavily pregnant in our town).

Anyway thanks for your advice :).

Having seen my dads partner join a "30 day ab challenge" page, I had a look and I have to say, don't get suckered into to things like this

10372031_10203059612605145_8373515453370646455_n.jpg

Apparently shes going to do it... No, no shes not haha. I keep fit for martial arts, and do lots of core strength training, but there's no way I would get through this, I mean look at day 30. This isn't something you would attain in 30 days and tbh, you would never need to even try to do unless you plan to be a body builder.

Firstly if you wanna have visible abs you need to do cardio, run a few times a week or cycle or swim, anything to burn burn burn that fat. But to me its better to do something fun, like play badminton with a friend a couple of times a week, but competitively with each other, anything that creates explosive bursts of energy for you.

Secondly you can't just work the 6 pack, you have to work your obliques and back muscles too, so you're muscles are balanced.

If you wanna strengthen the abs then go for quality over quantity, 10 situps with perfect form done slowly are better by far than 50 situps with poor form done quickly - reason being when done quickly you use momentum more than strength, which then defeats the point in the exercise

Finally, fitness in any aspect isn't achieved in 30 days, its a continuous journey and you shouldn't look to an arbitrary end promise of achieving something in 30 days, I mean after this 30 day program then what ? Go back to doing nothing ? haha. Fitness train because you want to be healthy, because you want to be that old guy/gal who can play with their gran kids properly, because you don't want to struggle to get out of bed in the morning - not because you want to look good in a bikini, that will come naturally :club:

Only really started changing and looking at my diet this last week. So pleased to say I lost 1 1/2lbs this week bynjust starting with a few tweaks :). Be very happy if I could lose along the lines of 1 lb a week.

following on from what I was saying about that 30 ab program, I used to follow this program for pullups a couple of years ago that was excellent. And it can be changed to practically any exercise you want.

http://webpages.charter.net/bert/reconron.html

This program is over a period of 38 weeks rather than 30 days, which is much more realistic. weeks are along the top, rep amount is in columns.

now you do 5 sets of an exercise (doesn't have to be pullups) resting for 30-60 seconds between each set. So you can do it pullups, or you could do pushups, situps, squats, lunges, burpees, planks (rep becomes time) or whatever exercise you can think of.

You could do a whole body workout from this if you wanted, so just repeat 5 sets for each exercise you want to do. The beauty of this program is its challenging enough to work your muscles but the gradual buildup in rep amount is so small its barely noticeable, and its a workout you only really need to rest once a week for - so start on Monday, rest on Sunday.

I might start it up again myself actually :eek: :cool:

Another 1 and a half off. Total of 3lbs. Pleased with that slow and steady as everything adjusts and I adjust. I look forward to when the pain in my feet is gone so that I will be abke to exercise more. I would just be happy to get through a day without having to take painkillers for them, just so I can do the essentials things. Took my oids to a Country Park today, now I am in agony with the painkillers still and finishing getting school stuff ready having to hold onto furniture. This is at its worst. Can't imagine what it will be like to be completely painfree.

Well quite pleased, another 9lbs off in the last 6 days. My Dad was trying out diet he had heard about by a Cardiologist :).

GraceBlossom said:
Well quite pleased, another 9lbs off in the last 6 days. My Dad was trying out diet he had heard about by a Cardiologist :).

I lost half a stone in my new job. A good side to long hours and some physical labour!

I like high fiber foods. And i do not touch sugar. Honey is fine. I do not drive a car. I ride a bike everywhere i go. That forces me to exercize.

johnny196775 said:
I like high fiber foods. And i do not touch sugar. Honey is fine. I do not drive a car. I ride a bike everywhere i go. That forces me to exercize.

I can assure you, that you do touch sugar, your cells need sugar to survive ;)

yes I realize you mean the white powdery stuff, but I feel like nitpicking :p

zibafu said:
johnny196775 said:

I can assure you, that you do touch sugar, your cells need sugar to survive ;)

yes I realize you mean the white powdery stuff, but I feel like nitpicking :p
im sorry. your fine. edit

lonelyfairy said:
Health is everything, I hope you guys never forget that! ^_^

no no no no money is everything remember

this is why we spend our youth wasting our health chasing wealth, then spend our old age using that wealth to regain our health

/human logic :club:

Latest posts

Back