Suggestion for Health and Fitness

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grab a jump rope and start skipping.

Fastest way to lose body fat. I speak from experience.

khaoz_ferox said:
GraceBlossom said:
Yay I lost 2lbs, I think that takes me up to 38lbs now.:D

Well done. That's awesome. I've just hit 41lbs myself.

Awww thanks, well done you :D! It feels good doesn't it :). I have been really bad lately and need to focus more, should be easier now my kids are back at school, I can fir more exercise in :).

How have you done it?

Caloric deficit + weight training.

I was a beast back in the day, then I let myself go (depression, anxiety).

Looking to drop about 100lbs then go through a couple bulking and cutting cycles.

But seriously, you want to lose weight? Caloric deficit works every time. Just use Myfitnesspal or something.

Ahh I see. I have been following Weight Watchers, loosely not been strict with it. I have slowly upped my exercise, walking more and I have this great DVD that seems to burn calories well, but isn't too high impact that it hurts my feet (I have a foot condition where the tissue get's inflammed and can be excrutiating to walk, but the more I have lost the less it hurts :).

40-facts-about-fitness_50290f046146b.png

Peaches said:
lol, I love how 69% of men think they are physically fit, but only 13% are

I assume that's out of the people who got interviewed, I doubt it accounts for ALL guys.

I really need to focus on losing weight again. I know I would feeling massively better about myself if I could be a healthy weight. I know how to do it and have a good exercise plan that does work for me. It feels like I will never get there, it is so overwhelming. I try to break it down into smaller goals, but my mind over rides it and I see the larger number instead :\.

GraceBlossom said:
I really need to focus on losing weight again. I know I would feeling massively better about myself if I could be a healthy weight. I know how to do it and have a good exercise plan that does work for me. It feels like I will never get there, it is so overwhelming. I try to break it down into smaller goals, but my mind over rides it and I see the larger number instead :\.

It sounds like you're making it too challenging for yourself. If done correctly, weight loss doesn't need to be that hard. Are you focusing more on your exercise plan or on your diet plan?

With a good diet plan, weight loss shouldn't be too overwhelming.

Hi Luna,
That's great and we must share health and fitness tips to make other people life healthy and active. For health and fitness we must exercise regularly and have a balanced diet meal plan. Avoid alcohol, smoking and caffeine and have proper sleep.

Stewart said:
Hi Luna,
That's great and we must share health and fitness tips to make other people life healthy and active. For health and fitness we must exercise regularly and have a balanced diet meal plan. Avoid alcohol, smoking and caffeine and have proper sleep.

I'm afraid Luna's well gone by now, but still post your ideas here so everyone can read.

Things people should realize about fitness:
- you don't have to put hours in 3-4 days of intense training a week to do it, 15 minutes a day will do nicely
- the goal of "looking good" is a bad goal (to me anyhow)
- staring at the scales is bad.
- what do you mean by "fitness"
- you don't need a gym

One thing I try to do every day is a short burst workout when I get up in the morning, I do this mainly for my kung fu training so its geared more to that, but the point is to have a consistent early morning routine - or evening or dinner time, whenever, but I find mornings the best since it wakes me up.

So my basic morning routine is :

15 minutes

1 minute of pushups
1 minute of situps
1 minute of squats
1 minute of pullups
1 minute of starjumps/jump rope (if its not raining outside, jump rope)

5 minutes of stretching - one of the most important things anyone can do, being supple helps avoid injuries and will remove the "owww ooooooh eeeeek" feeling people get when they bend down for something :p

5 minutes of technique/form-work/sequences to do with kung fu.

I try to do this every day, occasionally I don't tho but its no big deal, but a short burst workout in the morning will yield positive results for anyone, and is a good way for most people to ease into exercising.

Never train just for the vanity of looking good, this applies to both men and women, don't count how many pounds fall off as you train. Train for the joy that is self improvement, train because it is good to do so, train because its healthy to be fit and strong and supple. If you train for purely losing weight, or to look good, what happens when you get there ? You likely stop training, or cut back a lot, then you don't look as good anymore or you start to regain the weight, then the work you put in is suddenly undone.

"fitness" is such a broad term, you can have someone who swims every day, is a powerful swimmer, yet ask him to run somewhere and he can't run very far before he gasses out, because his fitness is specific to the swimming, the same can be said for someone who weight trains, vs someone who does gymnastics, both of these people are fit and strong yet the gymnast will likely not be able to lift the 300lb barbell, just as the weight trainer will likely not be able to do a muscle up.
Take myself, my "fitness" training is specific to martial arts, so I need functional lean muscle mass, flexibility, cardio/endurance, agility and speed, so lifting lots of heavy weights is not the best option for me, since having huge muscles is of no benefit, so I look to more bodyweight exercises, kettlebell workouts, explosive training, that kinda thing.

For the most part no one really needs a gym, unless you are using lots of weights, but even then, you can buy weights and use them at home. Make the world your gym if you can, it amazes me how many people drive to the gym, to use a treadmill... or an exercise bike.... seriously ? buy a proper bike, or go running outside.

Well... Let me get the most obvious out of the way first... Generally speaking, our body is like a bank... If you spend more than you put in, you'll lose weight... If you put in more than you spend, you'll gain... Of course easier said than done... It all depends on metabolism rate & intensity & the type of work out that will end in different results... Also "weight loss" in general may not be a good thing... You can lose weight, at least initially, by losing muscle fiber... Body fat in general works as an insulator... Too little of it can result in, not limited to, getting sick easier, bruise or hurt easier among other things... All these are of course in general so there will be individual differences... And by the volume, muscles weigh more than fat does... I mean 10 lbs of fat & 10 lbs of muscle weighs the same, duh, but it takes more volume of fat to make up 10 pounds... So 200 pound "fat" person will appear larger than 200 pound "muscular" person, at least in body mass... Of course "muscular" person probably will have "denser" body hence weighing as same as "larger" counter-part... I think being "fit" is really about having a balance... Typically, anything more than 16 - 18% body fat for men & 22 - 28% body fat for women are considered over-weight, not counting age & height... So, in the end, being fit may not be all about "losing weight" in general but how to "gain weight healthy" as well...

I cycle to work, I work with Trees & related stuff (climbing yay :3), so there is exercise... I have an awful diet and my body type hasn't changed, just slim and slightly toned... I bet my pancreas is having a bad time though... I eat wayyyyy to much chocolate n ice-cream :eek: Maybe if I had a good diet I could get buff *Ponders* but that would take effort

Oh Motivation, where art thou?

So yeah, any motivational tips for eating healthily? xD

MrPaul said:
I cycle to work, I work with Trees & related stuff (climbing yay :3), so there is exercise... I have an awful diet and my body type hasn't changed, just slim and slightly toned... I bet my pancreas is having a bad time though... I eat wayyyyy to much chocolate n ice-cream :eek: Maybe if I had a good diet I could get buff *Ponders* but that would take effort

Oh Motivation, where art thou?

So yeah, any motivational tips for eating healthily? xD

one of the things about diets to me is - your body knows what it wants and needs, this is why we pass waste afterall, so as long as you eat proper foods and not tons of junk food you should be doing fine, as for the sweet tooth, there are a couple of options - firstly try buying fruit. Fruit is awesome, and tastes great.

Secondly if you feel the need for a chocolatey snack try having a glass of water, this fills your stomach up slightly and can help get rid of the desire

Latest posts

Back