Support Group For Those That Got Banned Today

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got banned like 4 times today on the same thread. I would copy paste my reply and the alakazam thing keept banning me! The ban was lifted soon every time... Eventually I realized it was becose it was too long so I shotened it by elimnating the quote...

I have noticed from the members list and looking into old posts just how many people are baned. It is a bit crazy.

Skorian said:
I have noticed from the members list and looking into old posts just how many people are baned. It is a bit crazy.

um, a lot of those are actual bans for both members and spammers.

Callie said:
Skorian said:

I realize that. Some of the so called spammers are simply weird and talk strange. Don't know if I would dumb some spam.

Skorian said:
Callie said:
Skorian said:

I realize that. Some of the so called spammers are simply weird and talk strange. Don't know if I would dumb some spam.

That's because most of them are from non-English speaking countries.

IgnoredOne said:
One ban so far.

Not talking about today, but in the last few years. The forums memberlist is full of bans. Didn't used to be like that.

Skorian said:
Not talking about today, but in the last few years. The forums memberlist is full of bans. Didn't used to be like that.

Please refer to subject of original thread.

I've been banned once by the spam filtering software, making me eligible :p

I got banned last week...I forgot about this thread...

I've been banned twice by the spam filtering software Kismet and was invited to join this group.

This morning's booting had me burst into tears. Gales and inclement weather the night before made me feel vulnerable, but being banned and the wording seemingly so harsh and final, I felt dreadful.

I am very grateful to Minus for unbanning me and his subsequent support. :)

Anna Mouse

A question, Mouse. I noticed that some of your thread titles arent in English. I wonder if that might have anything to do with it. (hmm)

Equinox said:
Everyone who gets banned deserve it. End of story. (d)
This is harsh and unnecessary. Spam-detecting bots take decisions according to however they were programmed, there can be bugs or gaps in the system.

I tend to think it might have to do with the age of certain people and their mention of certain words perhaps. Maybe below a certain age, there's "adult" words unallowed. Or characters. Titles not in english might be a reason, too, if the bot has been programmed to consider anything non-english as spam.

And when the bots have been programmed a certain way, it is for a reason. I stand by my statement.

I hope I never get banned.

I wouldn't do anything to warrant getting banned, but I hope not.

Equinox said:
And when the bots have been programmed a certain way, it is for a reason. I stand by my statement.

I got banned this morning... I'll hold that statement against you. :p

When did wishing someone a happy birthday become reason to get banned? That's what happened to me the first time I got banned. :p

It's obvious this program needs a bit of customizing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back