Tea or coffee?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
coffee - international roast.. cheap, instant, simple.. white two sugars.

tea - generic brand.. black, lemon, two sugars.

for the deserted island scenario.. has to be the toxic sludge that is coffee for me :p

sevay said:
cheaptrickfan said:
I love both, but if pressed to choose one, it'd be coffee: Turkish coffee, triple strength, dark, syrupy and sweet. OMG.

Turkish coffee is excellent. hospitality is a symbol of coffee.

I shared a house with some Turkish graduate students years ago, and they taught me how to make authentic Turkish coffee. I have been hooked on it ever since then. :)

I'm laughing that theres so many ongoing replies to a spam answering the spam question

I'll answer too :D lol I like neither!! both are gross to me, I hate the smell and taste of both. I drink water and diet coke. Occasionally other drinks but not usually.

I like lipton strong with three tsp sugar,and folgers black,
but the sugar and caffeine messes me up

have you tried lapsang suchong
tea,

RebeccaSarah33 said:
I'm laughing that theres so many ongoing replies to a spam answering the spam question

I'll answer too :D lol I like neither!! both are gross to me, I hate the smell and taste of both. I drink water and diet coke. Occasionally other drinks but not usually.

[youtube]pULXnVTRynY[/youtube]

COFFEE
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CAFFEINE

ugh, love the stuff, either black or I put a little sugar and milk or creamer in it.

and lol at the thread being started by a spammer. A good one though.

Takumi said:
tea's healthier and the different flavors are a lot better than all those kinds of coffee out there.
go tea go!!!!!!!!!

You'd be surprised at the variety of flavors you can get from the many different blends and varietals out there, and I don't mean that gross stuff like chocolate raspberry or hazelnut *hurl*

For example, one of my favorite coffees is Ethiopian Yergacheffe. Yum. It's more expensive than, say, Folger's, but I use less of it and savor it rather than chugging a pot at a time.

lol I just thought of a really funny memory that I had. When I used to work at a bagelshop as thier main pastry baker, I had to be at work at 3:00 am, which meant waking up for work at 1:50 am. When you work like that... theres two different kind of people: really grumpy i dont want to be here now people, and really silly loopy like everything is stupidly funny when its not even funny people. LOL I was the stupid funny loopy one along with the truck driver that came everyday to pick up the orders. Everyone else was pretty much a grump, not seeing any humor in what me and the truck driver would laugh at, I don't blame them... it is pretty hard to get good rest when you work those hours.

It was also my job to pick the coffee 'flavor of the day', there was like 20+ flavors and I would have to grind the beans and brew all the coffee just before the store opened, and grind extra beans for the later busy shifts. I used to hate the smell of coffee so much, but after having to brew it so much, I don't hate it as much as I used to. There was one flavor of coffee that the smell of the beans was so awful that it'd make you gag. I don't remember what the flavor was, but I used to keep an extra baggie of it in the cabinet for my own entertainment. (LOL)

EVERYDAY I would ask the truck driver if he wanted to smell the flavor of the day, and he'd ask what it was, I would show him the new flavor of the day sign, so he'd be expecting to smell like carmel or something nice,..... LOL EVERY DAY I'd pull out the smelly bag... he'd see me pull it out too LOL which made it funnier and EVERYDAY he would sniff it. OMG he was so animated, and he wouldn't just take a little sniff, like he'd breath in deeply expecting a nice aroma and he'd like yell out noises of disgust at the smell of this coffee. OMG I'd laugh til I cried!!! The thing is.... like he wouldn't remember the next day so I'd do it again LOOOOL.

I'm laughing out loud right now as I'm typing this because the memories of him are just so funny. He would come in laughing, he would leave laughing, he was always a happy old man. I never ever ever saw him in a bad mood. It was so great! He would like nonstop tease the younger bagel baker that was my age for being a grump, and he would pick on him until he got some kind of response which was always entertaining.

His laugh was one to not be forgotten ever... he would laugh for like 10 minutes after whatever was funny, which would get me laughing again. It was so fun! The coffee thing was a daily laughing event. Working with this really happy old man really inspired me to find the good in the day, to be happy like that, it was just so fun to work with him, he could always make me laugh.

Another time, I dumped hot coffee grounds into the trashcan and he was so hyped up that he felt the need to hover over the trashcan and make volcano sounds and laugh at himself in between the blasts, then laugh at me for laughing at him... c'mon how is that not funny?? At like 4 am, an old man hovering over a trashcan being really animated flailing his arms around making volcano sounds LOOOOL and you are completely exhausted just running on adrenaline and caffiene. Thats just my kind of humor... funny looking and funny sounding things. I think he then proceeded to kick the trashcan around to make me laugh even more. Haha!! I know my humor is kinda dumb but I enjoy it.

lol sorry for the long story, just some fun memories of mine, I hope that guy is still alive somewhere cause he was so cool, he was pretty old though :( and that bagelshop went out of business years ago, its some italian resturant now :( awww lol (cries a little) (jk :))

RebeccaSarah33 said:
When I used to work at a bagelshop as thier main pastry baker, I had to be at work at 3:00 am, which meant waking up for work at 1:50 am. When you work like that... theres two different kind of people: really grumpy i dont want to be here now people, and really silly loopy like everything is stupidly funny when its not even funny people. LOL I was the stupid funny loopy one along with the truck driver that came everyday to pick up the orders.

First, your story was hilarious!

I know what you mean about the 2 types of people. I'm a morning person anyway so I'm more of the loopy one. lol I used to work at a doughnut shop and I'd have to get there in the wee hours of the morning to make the coffee and get the delivery from the main shop. I also had to "finish" the fancy ones with frosting and sprinkles.

Latest posts

Back