Teddy bears are awesome! =D

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnonymousMe

Reaction score
Hey everybody, this is probably going to be an out-of-the-ordinary thing to talk about, but since I’ve never seen a conversation about it and because it does relate to loneliness a bit, I thought that I might as well post it.

Judging by the title, I’m sure y’all know what this is all going to be about. I don’t know how my 5-6-year-old nephew got the toy, but recently, he got a teddy bear, he didn’t seem to be interested in it though, that was hardly surprising for someone that likes Marvel, Minecraft and Five Nights and Freddy’s stuff. Since he wasn’t doing anything with it, I simply took the opportunity to make it my own, it wasn’t because I liked it, it was just to test something out (Don’t freak out people). I’ve read that teddy bears can ease feelings of emptiness from lonely people, so being the curious creature that I am, I decided to sleep with it for once and, as I stated before, it was awesome! =)

Even though this isn’t the first time I’ve done this (When I was a brat, I had a fluffy, white raccoon I would sleep with), it felt really nice to remember why I want something like that by my side when I rest; I haven’t left it since. X) I don’t care that I’m a 25-year-old, butt-ugly, anti-social and boring, freaky dude, sleeping with one is comforting! =D I won’t care if my family discovers me either, it’s pretty evident that I’m the black sheep of the herd. I can’t help it either, it kind of feels like holding a baby that’s hugging you back, even though I’m fully aware that that’s not the case with a lifeless toy, but still, I like hugging it back. =) And rub my nose with its nose. It has a pretty cute smile too, it’s like :3 The only inconvenience is that it accumulates more heat when I keep it under my blanket, it makes me sweat a bit more than usual -_- But with winter coming… ;)

I gotta say though, it makes me feel more envious about guys that have their mates, if the feeling of hugging one is making me feel happy, I can’t imagine how it would feel to hug another human being that’s also sleeping with you; it must be hot as hell (Pun intended). Agh! It’s so frustrating! />.<\ I really abhor watching all those love birds walking in the streets while they hold hands, hug, kiss or do all sorts of stuff I should have already experienced. At this rate, I’m going to end up blinding myself to stop watching all those men that are giving me an urge to hurt them. >=( But don’t think I’m stupid people, I’m not planning on cutting my eyeballs off, I’ve read that after many years, diabetes can develop diabetic retinopathy, which can lead to retinal detachment, thus blindness. It’s pretty easy to develop diabetes too o_O and if it leads to a premature death, then I’m all for it; I don’t want to live past 60-65 anyway. If by some unfortunate circumstances this doesn’t work, then I wish the worst for all those couples! ^_^

But I digress =P I’ve been going to bed with it for a couple of days now and I think I’m starting to feel a little bit different, like… even when I’m feeling negative, I still manage to be in a cheerful mood, if that makes sense XD I don’t know how many here have one, but I recommend getting one, they’re the cheapest option to ease your loneliness, but they get their job done. If it’s not enough, then y’all can get a pet or something… or a mate if nature doesn’t say FU to you, but yeah, that’s all I wanted to say. =)

I found that when I sleep with my dogs in my bed I feel better. I was in an awful mood the other day, so I took a nap with my dogs, and woke up feeling better. I think with them, it's like they are so warm, and loving, and I can count on them being there.

I talk stuff out with my dogs too.

I still have a stuffed dog named Darby that makes it into my bed sometimes too. :)

I still have the teddy bear my grandmother gave me when I was a little kid, sits in my room. I named it Custard because that's the colour of the bear.

I have teddy bears, my kids have teddy bears. Mostly I have bunnies. My grandmother still gets me one every year for Easter and I've saved them all...even the ones she made herself that look creepy as hell. lol

I never had one but my sister did. She was very protective of them.

Rod, my teddy polar bear is amazing. He's the only companion I have at home, in my isolation.

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

I have loads from when I was a kid in my mums loft. I think I still have one that I called 'Bo Bo' that was falling apart lol.

Nice to see that some of you (still) have some fluffy companions, but do they make you feel less lonely?

Nicolelt, you don't have to respond, but feel free if you want to.

BeyondShy, do you know why she was very protective of them?

Latest posts

Back