Thank you to A Lonely Life

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darkwall

Reaction score
I just want to say thank you to this site for helping me through my most powerful depressions. I know I've been snotty, self-abosrbed, and maudlin, but I'm thankful to a lonely life, and particularly "stella", for helping me through what has always been the potentially suicidal bit of my birthday, You guys are great: thank you very much.

There have been so much "I'm leaving A.L.L." posts lately. If anyone wants to say a big "thank you" to "A.L.L." for helping them though a difficult period, then please comment and show your love for a group of people who didn't "have" to be there, and yet somehow always were.
Thanks, Darkwall

That's good that you found some help in this community, you seem to be very intelligent and every time I have read one of your posts I have learned something I usually knew nothing about. So please stay and continue to contribute, it is appreciated.

thanks alonelylife.com
this site has many members with wisdom and passion
this site has at least make my life experience a lil bit more bearable.
awesome people on here

just my thought, dont leave this forum. most people that post goodbye post comeback anyway.

darkwall said:
I just want to say thank you to this site for helping me through my most powerful depressions. I know I've been snotty, self-abosrbed, and maudlin, but I'm thankful to a lonely life, and particularly "stella", for helping me through what has always been the potentially suicidal bit of my birthday, You guys are great: thank you very much.

There have been so much "I'm leaving A.L.L." posts lately. If anyone wants to say a big "thank you" to "A.L.L." for helping them though a difficult period, then please comment and show your love for a group of people who didn't "have" to be there, and yet somehow always were.
Thanks, Darkwall

I hope you aren't leaving. Where have you been the last few weeks? I've missed you and your posts.

I got to be truthful in my words no matter how awful it might sound. Honestly, Alonelylife has made me sure of one thing, that truely, there is no such thing as friendship online. The points are as goes :

1) True, most people post goodbye and come back because admit it, they have no where to go. If they had someone or some life, they won't come here in the first place.
2)And honestly, despite how awful this forum is, I would like to give credit that Alonelylife is indeed the most active and most participated forum.
3)Now to the people here, most of them are alone, hence they are here in the first place. But you know what, my long stint here, you make friends with some of them, you comfort them, they find their happiness and they forget you. OH WHAT A GOOD FRIEND INDEED!
4)And to those people, that i do want to make friends and eventually, they just don't reply back. I don't know where i screw up or what...but hell yeah...that is one hell way to treat a person. At least if you don't like me, care to reply me....Sorry...we don't have any interest in common and I can't be your friend. Henceforth, nowadays, hell yeah... I can't even be bothered to reply anyone.

So the list can go on and on. But these are the main points that sum up my stay here. The moderators can delete this post and ban me for all I care, but I feel this is what I must say about alonelylife.

SadRabbit said:
I got to be truthful in my words no matter how awful it might sound. Honestly, Alonelylife has made me sure of one thing, that truely, there is no such thing as friendship online. The points are as goes :

1) True, most people post goodbye and come back because admit it, they have no where to go. If they had someone or some life, they won't come here in the first place.
2)And honestly, despite how awful this forum is, I would like to give credit that Alonelylife is indeed the most active and most participated forum.
3)Now to the people here, most of them are alone, hence they are here in the first place. But you know what, my long stint here, you make friends with some of them, you comfort them, they find their happiness and they forget you. OH WHAT A GOOD FRIEND INDEED!
4)And to those people, that i do want to make friends and eventually, they just don't reply back. I don't know where i screw up or what...but hell yeah...that is one hell way to treat a person. At least if you don't like me, care to reply me....Sorry...we don't have any interest in common and I can't be your friend. Henceforth, nowadays, hell yeah... I can't even be bothered to reply anyone.

So the list can go on and on. But these are the main points that sum up my stay here. The moderators can delete this post and ban me for all I care, but I feel this is what I must say about alonelylife.

Why would your post be deleted and you band. You have every right to say what you think.

Actually I agreed with parts of it. I don't think ALL is all that bad. I do stay cos I have know where else to go. That is true. As for ppl making friends then not replying back. I Guss that's normal with net life and real life. ppl well come and go. That's life. The few good friends well stay. I like to speak to many ppl. I find it interesting but that means I have not got time for every person cos I spreed myself to thin. Brings a good question up tho. Is it better to have one or two really good friends or 20 OK friends? I have lots of ppl I know from the net. I think what you need and are looking for is one really good friend. You need to find someone like yourself.

Glad to see your doing better darkwell. Remember to come back sometime to let us all know how you are. And if you wont to come back even in a few days then pleas do and don't feel that you can not.

SadRabbit said:

I wouldn't say that, i've made some friends with some great people online who i'd definately like to keep in touch with and even meet up with one day, namely Leef'c, Darkwall.

Perhaps you're looking in the wrong places on here Sad Rabbit, i'm sure there is someone on here who you have something in common with. In fact if i remember correctly, i sent you a post a while ago stating i would talk to you, if you wanted, but you never replied. So you're just as guilty for ignoring people ;)

SadRabbit said:
I got to be truthful in my words no matter how awful it might sound. Honestly, Alonelylife has made me sure of one thing, that truely, there is no such thing as friendship online.

Hey Sad Rabbit, I couldn't disagree with you more about online friends. I have some very close online friends that I talk to often. Their friendship means a lot to me and they have been there for me when I needed someone to talk to. Who can say that because it's online that friendship can't be true? How many friendships in "real life" have not been true friendships?
I understand about what you are saying about people emotionally using you until they are better. We can't say ALL friendships online are like that and that happens a whole lot in face to face friendships too, not just online. :)

I would like to say thanks to A.L.L. Thank you “A Lonely Life” for being here when I was looking for “something”. I did not know what I was looking for, but I knew I was lonely, and I was feeling like I was the only person in the world who felt so badly, and so lonely. I just needed “something”.

Thank you for giving me the chance to read about others lives, their troubles, and their triumphs. Thank you for all the encouragement I received from all of your wonderful members. You assured me that I would find one thing here, others like me. And I did, but I found a whole lot more. Thank you.

I would like to say thank you to alonelylife

and to SadRabbit.. he has comforted me when I was very depressed.. and I have not been there for him like a true friend should have been.

I am sorry about that and wish that things could have been different. I trust that life will work out for you though, and that you will find happiness and friendship ...because you are a good person and that is just the way life works.

SadRabbit said:

Bluey said:
SadRabbit said:

Why would your post be deleted and you band. You have every right to say what you think.

Actually I agreed with parts of it. I don't think ALL is all that bad. I do stay cos I have know where else to go. That is true. As for ppl making friends then not replying back. I Guss that's normal with net life and real life. ppl well come and go. That's life. The few good friends well stay. I like to speak to many ppl. I find it interesting but that means I have not got time for every person cos I spreed myself to thin. Brings a good question up tho. Is it better to have one or two really good friends or 20 OK friends? I have lots of ppl I know from the net. I think what you need and are looking for is one really good friend. You need to find someone like yourself.

Glad to see your doing better darkwell. Remember to come back sometime to let us all know how you are. And if you wont to come back even in a few days then pleas do and don't feel that you can not.

Yeah I agree with Bluey, there are people that come and goes, but then there are few like myself that stay. The point is not everyone is the same.

Black Dragon said:
That's good that you found some help in this community, you seem to be very intelligent and every time I have read one of your posts I have learned something I usually knew nothing about. So please stay and continue to contribute, it is appreciated.

I'm not leaving - it's just I meant that there's been a lot of negativity towards A.L.L. At the end of the day, it doesn't pretend to be a friendship supplement, just a system of support and a community where you can speak your mind and be yourself. I thought it was time someone said how much it had helped them.

darkwall said:
I'm not leaving - it's just I meant that there's been a lot of negativity towards A.L.L. At the end of the day, it doesn't pretend to be a friendship supplement, just a system of support and a community where you can speak your mind and be yourself. I thought it was time someone said how much it had helped them.

That is one of the best ways I have ever seen this place described.
Its just how it is I think. You just put what I think into words better then I could had.

My mistake, and yeah... I think one of this board's strengths is in its structure.

I've only been here a short time, but I really appreciate "a lonely life". Honestly, at first I didn't know what to expect, but I'm glad I became a part of this supportive online community. I was broken hearted, lonely & troubled and felt like if this is as good as it gets, I might as well call it quits. So many offered comfort, advice, a hug and expressed that they cared about the pain I was experiencing. I was so depressed and hanging on the edge! Lonesome Crow, THANK YOU! You reached out and became a friend, and let me know that it does get better. People like this are invaluable in life, because they took the time to show compassion towards someone they don't even know. I don't know what frame of mind I'd be in or if I'd still be here at all, if it wasn't for the kindness shown to me here. Thank you A.L.L. for letting me know that I'm not alone and there is still hope.

I'll tell you one thing. I am the admin of a forum myself. It started out as one of the MSN groups. Now that they are closing we moved to a forum similar to this one. Our's is called Friendship Hut. I have a few friends on there that I've known for close to a decade. But in the timeframe that I've been a member here I've posted more here than I have at my own. ;)

Latest posts

Back