Thanksgiving

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cage

Reaction score
Today we had Thanksgiving with my wife's family. For the most part, the day went well. Earlier in the day I had asked my wife to have a good time and not over do it drinking wine (she's not an alcoholic by any means, but has a tendency to drink more than she eats.) She promised and we actually did have a good time today.
On the way home tonight, she tells me that she's really drunk and starts crying, apologizing the whole time. We get home and I put my son to bed. The minute I walk downstairs, she starts yelling at me for not getting changed and then tries to calm our daughter down by finding a show for her to watch on tv before she goes to bed. My wife has a hard time finding a show and starts talking to our daughter like she is the most annoying person on the planet. My daughter just looks at her and asks why she's so mad. My wife says that she's tired of everybody, turns to me and says if I say one word that she's getting into her car and leaving.
As I write this, I am sitting in my daughter's room, waiting for her to go to sleep, and all I can think of is how far south this night has and will probably go and thinking about how great of a time our other family and friends had today. Sad to think that I can't enjoy this holiday like them.

Cage, welcome to the forum. I'm so sorry to read about all that. :(

Please hang in there and talk to us as much as you want. I don't have good words of advice to give right now, but I'm here for support. *hugs*

Hello and Welcome to the Forum! :)

And please feel free to pm me if you ever need someone to talk too!

~hugs~

Latest posts

Back