That feeling's back....and I was doing so well too.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thatguy000

Reaction score
So the whole self-concious, shy, unconfident, lonely group of feelings seem to always hit me together in waves. They come and they go. I've been feeling pretty good about myself for a pretty long time now (2-3 months of feeling on top of the world and awesome). But then my mom asks me at dinner one night if I'm interested in any girls or if I have a girlfriend. That one question just sent everything spiralling downwards. I was getting along well with the fact that I'm possibly the only guy in my grad class who's single (small school) and I was actually building up a bunch of confidence to ask a friend of mine if she knew anyone I would connect with well.

But now I'm completely down in the dumps. All the new friendships I was starting to build with (trying to meet more people) I feel like are going to break, and that I may end up going to prom without anyone special. COOL....

Sorry guys...just had to vent a little....

Aw, don't feel so bad. It sounds like you're getting the hang of things. Change doesn't usually come in a straight line, there's usually lots of curves, hills and valleys. Don't give up if you're having a bad day or week. Everyone has self-doubts from time to time. I think you'll be ok, just keep doing what you've been doing.

Teresa

This website is inherently hit or miss, because I could be anybody from anywhere. But I'd say hey, are you sure you don't or never had recurring panic attacks? I didn't realize I had them until I was 19 years old and I forced myself to call the crisis hotline, they explained it all to me. Good people there, by the way.

On a personal note, when I went to prom (sophomore year and senior year...yes I dated an older girl sophomore year) it was a total bust. In two years, there was 1 slow song (during which my mom called to see how it was going, lol). If you're on this website I'm going to guess you aren't a dance floor maverick (again, I am just some bullshit internet person of course), so I wouldn't worry about a missed or "failed" prom in the long run. Life goes on, way way way past high school. As Terry Pratchet approximately said, "If there's one thing I've learned about life it can be summed up in three words: it goes on."

I went Stag to prom.. Went to a before party first and got WASTED, went to prom and puked in certain choice places.. Was almost arrested as the Principle thought it would "Wisen me Up".. Calling my parents ended up being enough, + a 2 week suspension.

Now Let me live Vicariously through you :p, find a girl you want to ask, and just ask her man... Maybe i wouldn't have gone stag, but i didn't ask anyone, I was too scared. I talked myself out of it before I had even tried.

Goodluck Man

I know exactly how you feel. Tiny things throw me down on the ground. You just have to stand back up. I have done it several times. It its ok to get worn ot. Exhaustion helps us heal. Just make a point to stand back up.

So take a rest, but get back up. Just try to get annoyed with being depressed. That is how I get over my depressions.

Latest posts

Back