That one moment

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrokenInside

Reaction score
When you see a face that resembles with the one you loved, when your eyes suddenly catch something that you once shared with that person or something that person used to adore or the places you have been to with that person or a certain food or a certain word or a movie or a song...
That one moment takes you back to the time when you two were together and you desperately want that person to come infront you one more time but that doesn't happen. Not even your tears bring that person back....you wipe off your tears and come back to the reality but your heart still aches for that person.

I have that happen on occasion. My first love in college was killed in an auto accident. Even now I still have flowers sent to her grave on her birthday and Christmas. If there is truly someone for everyone, she was my "one".

wow wow , such a nice post.Yea it does.That memory or song as you said brings us back in a time machine and locks us in a arrest when we feel the ex lover or whoever again.We know it is bad and she aint coming back but we find bittersweet peace in that arrest.I used to do this everyday and couldnot refrain it.
But as years went by , i was able to refrain.I saw a website or some line on net in those days.It was written " kick love's ass" , That sentence kind of triggered me and made me strong.I was kind of like " oh hell yea man , i 'ma kick love's ass " , why cant i kick it. Then everytime i would feel nostalgic i would switch my gear to kick love's butt mode.
One has to find something as a substitute, an internal feeling to remain happy.
I kicked love's ass.

LonelyInAtl said:
I have that happen on occasion. My first love in college was killed in an auto accident. Even now I still have flowers sent to her grave on her birthday and Christmas. If there is truly someone for everyone, she was my "one".

I am sorry to hear that. That's so sweet of you.

BrokenInside said:
When you see a face that resembles with the one you loved, when your eyes suddenly catch something that you once shared with that person or something that person used to adore or the places you have been to with that person or a certain food or a certain word or a movie or a song...
That one moment takes you back to the time when you two were together and you desperately want that person to come infront you one more time but that doesn't happen. Not even your tears bring that person back....you wipe off your tears and come back to the reality but your heart still aches for that person.

I don't understand how on earth can someone be so hooked to a person as to wish they were there "one more time" as in "I'd be happy then". You must understand that person is not here now because they just don't want to. That should convince you "that guy is probably getting laid right now with someone that doesn't even know you exist in the first place". So keep your head up and give us some love man.

Omg Broken Inside you took those words right out of my mouth.
Yes I still feel like that, I think that's why I've been crying too a lot lately.
Cause were not together anymore. He was wrong to me in many ways.
But he was my first love. :(

You just have to suck it up and move on ladies. They'll be many more guys, but closure is essential to a fresh start.

In lonely atl case, that's a bad break. Very nice of u to send the flowers.

You all deserve to be happy. Go out and meet new ppl

There is always something that will make you remember what you feel was a better time. However moving on is something we must learn to do well as humans. We do not know from one day to the next how things will turn out. We cannot change the past, but we sure as hell change how we react to things. We change how certain things make us feel. Force happiness and soon it will be an instinct, and happiness will always be there at that point. Time heals wounds, but only someone that can go out and find happiness for themselves will be able to change how certain things makes them feel.

Latest posts

Back