the amazing flying thread of dead's confusing gender.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dead

Reaction score
So. I'll have to ask you all to bear with me here. A lot of you have asked me about this over the years, and I never had a good enough answer. I'll try explain the best way I can and roll with the punches.

(A few of you already know this.)

I was born with a set of XX genes, but i can't identify with either gender. If i had to choose - i'd choose XY, but thats simply because to me it's quite a bit more neutral. as far as preferences go, i'm a very, very near asexual bi. Basically, no matter how i'm looking at this - i don't have a good solid answer even between myself and me. The more i try and pry into this the more idiotic it all seems, and the uglier, more messed up i seem to myself. Like in about every other thing, i'm precisely between any group I can think of. *sigh*.

It's a huge deal for me to even talk about this. No-one, not even my closest family even knows I have an issue with this - for all they know - i dress androgynous because it requires little effort, and because I'm a loser that never tries. For all I know, as soon as i hit "post thread" - that's it for me and the forums. But i can't deal with the questions any more either.

Anyway. Night, everyone. i'm going to hit "post" and get to sleep. *sigh*.

Personally, I don't give a rat's ass what gender you are or what your sexual orientation is. However, it's too bad people in your family think you're a "loser" in some way.
As for me...I think you're an amazing person. It's also pretty brave of you to post about something that you struggle with on the forum as well.
Kudos to you, Dead.

I can't say I know what it's like, but the girl from Halloween has this. She is biologically both genders.

I don't think it makes you any different than someone who was both with just one. It makes you more interesting, IMO.

I certainly hope you don't leave the forum, you just came back. Doesn't really matter what sex/gender/orientation you are to me its the character of the person that matters.

Gotta agree with the others above. I think you're a good person who's really talented. Just be yourself, and it's what matters. Who says we really need to categorise ourselves somewhere? More to learn about you. Oh and not to mention.. you have killer classy handwriting.

EveWasFramed said:
Personally, I don't give a rat's ass what gender you are or what your sexual orientation is. However, it's too bad people in your family think you're a "loser" in some way.
As for me...I think you're an amazing person. It's also pretty brave of you to post about something that you struggle with on the forum as well.
Kudos to you, Dead.

Thank you dear.
Eh, a part of my family is also sure that being gay/black/deviant in any way shape/form is terrible, so i don't tend to take their opinions too seriously. I'm not in touch with anyone there anymore.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
I can't say I know what it's like, but the girl from Halloween has this. She is biologically both genders.

I don't think it makes you any different than someone who was both with just one. It makes you more interesting, IMO.

Hmm... That's cool! She's an XXY?
Thanks for the kind words!

Sci-Fi said:
I certainly hope you don't leave the forum, you just came back. Doesn't really matter what sex/gender/orientation you are to me its the character of the person that matters.

Seems like I won't have to. (thanks everyone!!!)
Thanks Sci-Fi, this is so cool to hear.

Scotsman said:
Lot of respect for the post. Just be happy, you deserve it.

Thanks Scotsman!

ladyforsaken said:
Gotta agree with the others above. I think you're a good person who's really talented. Just be yourself, and it's what matters. Who says we really need to categorise ourselves somewhere? More to learn about you. Oh and not to mention.. you have killer classy handwriting.

Hehe, I should add "killer classy handwriting" to my resume! Bound to come useful, right?
Thanks for the kind words!

Badjedidude said:
Dead is ******* amazing.

'Nuff said. :cool:

(hugs till kingdom come). 'Nuff said indeed :) :cool:

likeaspacemonkey said:
dead, you're weird. I love weird.

See what I did there? Creepy and sweet at the same time.

hehe, thanks! You're new, here, right? Don't think we've spoken before...

To everyone that replied - thank you all so much. insanely awesome to hear this, and a huge relief...

Hey Dead, I am not sure what to say without it sounding stupid. I am new here so don't know you, but I admire you for sharing that. I hope you find some contentment :).

GraceBlossom said:
Hey Dead, I am not sure what to say without it sounding stupid. I am new here so don't know you, but I admire you for sharing that. I hope you find some contentment :).

Hey BraceBlossom. Don't worry about saying something stupid, it's all good, say whatever you like.
Thanks for the kind words, and well... i hope so too... would be really cool to be ok with being myself i guess.

EveWasFramed said:
Personally, I don't give a rat's ass what gender you are or what your sexual orientation is.

That was my thought. The only thing about it that bothers me is the fact that it is troubling Dead.

Maybe BJD expresses it the most directly...

Badjedidude said:
Dead is ******* amazing.

I admire your courage sharing this with us. All that matters is that you accept and love who you really are and to Hell with the others who judge and misunderstand you due to closed mindedness and lack of a heart.

Why try and pick either if neither fits you?
Just be yourself and be done with it. - said everyone trying to come up with decent advice ever, it just seems to fit rather well here :p

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
I totally agree :)

Minus said:
EveWasFramed said:
Personally, I don't give a rat's ass what gender you are or what your sexual orientation is.

That was my thought. The only thing about it that bothers me is the fact that it is troubling Dead.

Maybe BJD expresses it the most directly...

Badjedidude said:
Dead is ******* amazing.

cat-hugs-for-frog-jpg.20065

i couldn't find a more decent picture but i think you'll know what i mean. :)

LoneKiller said:
I admire your courage sharing this with us. All that matters is that you accept and love who you really are and to Hell with the others who judge and misunderstand you due to closed mindedness and lack of a heart.

Thanks LoneKiller! :)

Sigma said:
Why try and pick either if neither fits you?
Just be yourself and be done with it. - said everyone trying to come up with decent advice ever, it just seems to fit rather well here :p

I couldn't agree more, and normally that's exactly how I go about things.
The trouble starts when i encounter new people i actually like and want to remain in contact with. then it's a bit more problematic - i can't know ahead of time what the reaction would be - and internal strife ensues.

As to why pick either - you know, i just never though that I've had the option. This is definitely something to think about - thank you!

Peaches said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
I totally agree :)

Thank you Peaches!

I don't know you, but for me, gender is not the most important thing and I believe that it's not for the others either. :) It's about who the person is in his/her heart in the friendship. And nice to meet you!

I'm Just seeing this thread now..... sorry for my late reply...

Dead you are awesome... the kindest, and caring.. I'm sorry your family doesn't understand... and I hope that you feel comfortable being you... because being you is FANTISTIC! Just the way you are! Miss you in chat..come back! (hug)

Latest posts

Back