The decision you regret the most

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I regret not killing Hitler when I had the chance.

More realistically though, I regret introducing an ex of mine to my friends back in 2011. I think they played their part in our relationship failing. They didn't try to help me, nor turn a blind eye when we had a problem. They actively tried to make it harder for us to solve any problems we had. Then, after we broke up, some of them sided with her. I don't talk to these people anymore. That relationship showed me what kind if people they really are. That's a good thing. But part of me regrets all of it. I could still be with the Girl and be friends with those guys today, had they not met eachother.

What's done is done though. I'm happy now and I wont let such a decision bother or effect me.

Mr X said:
Hello everybody.

Lately, I was thinking, why is my life the way it is right now? Which decisions that I have made, have led to the life I am living now? Of course it's not all about the decisions you make, but I do think they make a great difference in life.

I do think I have made some decisions in my life that were wrong. There's one in particularly that I still think of every now and then.

I liked a girl for over 2 years, and we were close friends. We were in the same class in school, and both kinda liked each other but it never worked out. Until one night, on a party, we kissed. The one thing I've wanted for so long, had happened. But then, some friends saw we kissed, and they started telling me that I was sooo stupid to kiss her and that I should dump her immediately. I started to think and think and wasn't even sure about anything anymore. (I was very insecure back then) Eventually, I told her it wouldn't work out. She went home crying and I went home with the worse feeling ever.

That night, 3 years of friendship was ruined. I tried to apologize to her the next day, but of course it didn't matter. I never dared to face this girl or talk to her again to this day. She probably still hates me and I still regret what I did that night. Maybe she wasn't perfect but I think we really fit together. Maybe we even would be still together if I hadn't done what I did that night.

So, what is your decision you regret the most in your life?

wasting my time on women who didn't give a honeysuckle about me. Loads of times that happened.

Ignis said:
A girl. Always a girl.

Longish story coming up.

Ahh, a fellow victim of that one girl syndrome eh? I know how you feel buddy. I'll drink to that story (and also for everyone else's).

I regret some of the men I dated in the past. Most of them were just plain horrible to me.

If we're not allowed to say "everything", I used to hang out with this girl when I was 20, we were just friends, and I had to leave town for a job. We weren't that close but looking back I think she may have liked me...but like me she was too shy to admit it and I was just too young and dense to notice.

I thought I was in the famous friend zone so I wrote the whole thing off. I left without saying goodbye because I was an idiot and thought I didn't want to be awkward or cheesy.

I guess telling a friend that I cared more for them than they did for me. I don't regret telling them as much as I regret the aftermath, and the fact that I realized too late that they weren't really true to me. And I kind of regret believing in the friendship as much as I did, because it ended up breaking off and floated away.

It is not easy for me to state these regrets but I'm going to go ahead and post them anyway in the hopes that I'll feel better.

I regret showing my penis on web cam whilst I was at Secondary School (Everyone kept saying that I was 'masturbating' on camera). The girl had video 'evidence'

I had a homosexual moment with my brothers friend when I was drunk but when I finally realised what was happening I ran away.

I mentioned how often I masturbate whilst I was at college. Some people in my class were having a discussion and I stupidly got involved.

I used the line 'smokin' from The Mask when I was describing how beautiful I thought that a woman was in my class at College. I got ripped on because of it.

At a 'friends' party I tried to touch two women who I had no chance with and a guy I met encouraged me to spank one of their asses so I did it. People in my class at college found out and went on about for a bit.

I have a lot of regrets on many decisions made. Can't tell whether which one I regret the most, but I hate the time I couldn't be myself.

Influenced by the people around me. Face problems. Make excuses. Then lead me to the situation I do not wish to. More problems arises and I have no idea how to handle it, most of the time run away or avoiding doing anything. Thinking all the things how I embarrassed myself, being someone I do not want to be, create problems for others and myself, it is like the surroundings and the situations around me lead me saying something untrue or something mean, felt like I am being led to say those words sometimes, I hate it when I fail to be myself.

Sometimes the memory comes back late in the night when I was daydreaming, the conscience alone is so hard to bare it that I will keep cursing myself, hey go and die you m* f*ker. Repeat it a number of times to myself until the pain fade and the breath can finally caught up again.

It is that pain in the heart. Want to get rid of it but I can't. Want to forget it but it comes. Want to fix it but it is already history. Wish it never happened before but that is obviously lying to myself.

Time passes and wound heals. Keep on remind to master myself with all the might I could, hoping one day I could get full control of myself, picturing me doing something what I had wished for in my life, helping others, making others happy as well as myself, with the others around.

That is beyond regret, pain enough to wish for it never happened before, wish for if I could do it again, I will certainly pick another decision, that is how it is.

Latest posts

Back