The Hobbit

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pumpkin-soup

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of Lord of the Rings but An Unexpected Journey was really good and fun. Especially I liked the soundtrack. Song of the Lonely Mountain (extended version) is really really good I can't stop listening to it. I can never understand why people leave the theater so quickly after the movie's over... I enjoy the endroll with good song.

I saw it also..
The book is one of my favorite books, so I expected I might be disappointed, but turned out really liked the movie despite some changes in it. Looking forward to next one, though I am not sure how they can make two more movies of it..

I like listening to end-music too in a movie

If they put more of the Elven King in the movie, 2 is not possible :D
lol, I'm just joking.. I can't wait for them, although it's annoying how long we have to wait.

I thought it was terrible. I can think of at least 5 times they got rescued by a deux ex machina - and yeah, I get that it's all explained better in the book blahblahblah, but if you're charging £13 for people to see a standalone film you shouldn't be relying on them having read a book to make sense of your storyline.

It ruined any sort of tension during the action scenes, because instead of getting caught up in the story I was sitting there wondering what sort of massive stroke of luck would save them next. The ending was horrible - I wanted to throw a chair at the screen - like I say, I know it's explained in the book and all that, but the film should stand on its own merits and if you showed up to an amateur screenwriting class with an ending like that you'd get laughed out of the room.

Imagine if Apocalypse Now had ended 40 minutes before it actually does, and Coppola explained it by saying well if you wanted to know what happened, you should have read Heart of Darkness lol.

It's a shame because a lot of talent and effort has gone into the film - the Gollum scene is brilliant and the work they've done on him is incredible - but it's ruined by lazy writing. If your film is near-enough 3 hours long you should be able to work all the necessary information into it. And if you can't how about cutting some of those pointless scenes about sick hedgehogs?

I liked it. And after I was able to see all films, I'm sure that I will be able to compare it to the other "Hobbit" movies from the past. But giving the fact that we get a very long trilogy to one book, I surely think that it will get even better. However, I won't compare it to the book, since the original is always the best. ;)

I liked the film, I have read the book, I didn't find that any good so I was surprised I liked the film.

I have tried to read and watch Lord of the Rings but I just can't get into it. Am I wrong in saying that it is 3 long books...about walking?

GioRocket said:
Am I wrong in saying that it is 3 long books...about walking?

Yes, you are wrong.

There's a lot more to it than that.

But... *shrug* to each their own.

Badjedidude said:
GioRocket said:
Am I wrong in saying that it is 3 long books...about walking?

Yes, you are wrong.

There's a lot more to it than that.

But... *shrug* to each their own.

I figured there was lol

When I read the Hobbit I was wondering how the hell they were going have enough content to fill 3 movies. But anyway, the "Battle of 5 Armies" should be an epic scene, I just hope it's worth the wait

I don't particularly care for the 'epic battle' scenes. Although they are magnificent. I like the quiet, eery, tension-building moments in the series. My favorite of the LOTR trilogy was the first. The second was one long battle. Yep, I get it...orcs, swords, elves, arrows, dwarves, axes, etc...annoying. I like the quiet personal scenes that build tension like when Gollum was arguing with himself and plotting to kill Frodo and Sam or when they were trying to quietly trudge through Moria. That's more my cup of tea.

In this one the action/calm parts were balanced enough for me. Very nice movie.

My favourite thing about it was the character design for the 13 dwarfs.

Latest posts

Back