The Importance of Physical Attractiveness

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kamya said:
It is freaky I agree, but it does get a lot of attention. It's just really hard to ignore someone like that when you come across them in real life. It's just so out of the ordinary to meet a guy that is that big.

I bumped into a guy on my Uni campus about two months ago who had arms like tree trunks. He was buying a drink and the soda machine looked like it was a toy model.

About the same height as me, but almost the arm size of that dude in the video. It was kind of ridiculous - and you could see he was showing it off by wearing a top with really short sleeves.

It wasn't difficult at all to see people (both girls and guys) staring as they walked past. However, the stares from the girls were more along the lines of "WTF?" as opposed to "That's hot." :p

So undoubtedly it gets attention, but I don't think it's neccessarily attractive attention by a long shot.

I have a friend who works out quite a lot, but has always done it for fitness as opposed to body-building. He also saw the guy, and we had a chat about it. To quote him: "I expect with all those steroids his balls are the size of peas, and his heart's like a ham joint."

I probably shouldn't have laughed, but I did :D

There is a shallow view of good looking.

But give me a geeky looking girl, over a slutty looking girl, anytime. I'd go for Emma Watson over Paris Hilton, for example.

TheSolitaryMan said:
It wasn't difficult at all to see people (both girls and guys) staring as they walked past. However, the stares from the girls were more along the lines of "WTF?" as opposed to "That's hot." :p

So undoubtedly it gets attention, but I don't think it's neccessarily attractive attention by a long shot.

^^^Yeah, this. I'll stare, but not in a "OMG hold me back because I so want to do him now" way. Extreme body builders' physiques do nothing for me.

I have been called "gross" by women who don't know me quite a few times. I'm clean and tidy, just ugly. Looks mattter.

rdor said:
I have been called "gross" by women who don't know me quite a few times. I'm clean and tidy, just ugly. Looks mattter.

bey bro,
if you can get every girl you meet in one day to call you gross, then you can believe in your assumption.

But I'm willing to bet you wont take my challenge cuz you know I'll win.
so should you make the bet?... lol ;p

tangerinedream said:
TheSolitaryMan said:

^^^Yeah, this. I'll stare, but not in a "OMG hold me back because I so want to do him now" way. Extreme body builders' physiques do nothing for me.

I think you may notice that 'extreme' body builders do so for themselves more than for anyone else. in a way, they love themselves the most. Also, a lot of big buff guys are shy... but shy guys with confidence can be dicks in certain situations....

MadMonkè said:
bey bro,
if you can get every girl you meet in one day to call you gross, then you can believe in your assumption.

But I'm willing to bet you wont take my challenge cuz you know I'll win.
so should you make the bet?... lol ;p

I did kind of take your bet last night at a Meetup.com singles dance. I tried talking to at least 10 women, and about the same number just randomly asking them to dance. I got the brush off every time. Does that qualify?

Latest posts

Back