The internet makes me hate people!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think it is just the internet. It is just you run across so many more people on the internet then in person. Alot of the ******** pass you by.

Try working in face to face customer service with the general public....

I think it's also the fact that internet culture encourages mass dumbing down and stupidity, while simultaneously catering towards the arrogant, "I'm sooo sophisticated" crowd who think they're amazing.

Both types of people are irritating to deal with.

Take your typical "memes" for example. They start off funny or witty sometimes, but often evolve towards people thinking they're "oh-so-clever" for using them in an offensive or stupid way even once the whole thing has been done to death.

That whole conformity-of-attitude really appeals to immature 12 year old kids and the like. I remember back in secondary school that I'd hear someone shout "Owned!", "Fail!" or reference some meme in real life about 500 times a day.

SophiaGrace said:
FunkyBuddha said:

That'd make me stupid.

So I'm stupid?

I've seen you post around here and know how smart and kind you are.

But if that makes you mad then yes.

Intelligent people can not allow the bickering of fools to irritate them when it is so avoidable. They feed off of it. For some masochistic reason they want you to be angry at them. It's by letting them get away with it that they continue.

I hope you can see my point. I mean no harm. :p

FunkyBuddha said:
SophiaGrace said:
FunkyBuddha said:

That'd make me stupid.

So I'm stupid?

I've seen you post around here and know how smart and kind you are.

But if that makes you mad then yes.

Intelligent people can not allow the bickering of fools to irritate them when it is so avoidable. They feed off of it. For some masochistic reason they want you to be angry at them. It's by letting them get away with it that they continue.

I hope you can see my point. I mean no harm. :p

Oh i get angry at people quite regularly on the internet, i just dont' say anything when it occurs though because it usually does no good to show my anger.

People irritate me endlessly though. lol

I don't remember if what you said irritated me. It must not have been very important to me if it did.

SophiaGrace said:
Oh i get angry at people quite regularly on the internet, i just dont' say anything when it occurs though because it usually does no good to show my anger.

People irritate me endlessly though. lol

I don't remember if what you said irritated me. It must not have been very important to me if it did.

That's the sort of reaction I have adapted. If something bothers me I just get over it. Then I get rid of it or leave the site. As the OP stated, modern man can't live without the internet.

Getting legitimately angry at the internet is going to cause a lot of unneeded stress. We must adapt or die.

Digital Darwinism if you will.

The internet is a safe haven for all the dicks, bullies and morons who wouldn't be able to express their retarded opinions anywhere else. You just need to know which places to stay away from. I, for instance, have learned NOT to read the comments on various online news articles, as I've come to realize that most of the people who comment on those, are idiots, and reading their mindless words makes me lose hope in humanity. But then I visit a nice forum, like this one, where the majority are nice and smart (and the dicks get banned), and my faith is restored. :)

Sometimes it really astounds me that these insensitive and hateful people I encounter online really exist out there in the world (e.g. the heartless comments I read from people on MSNBC news articles and Youtube).

DreamerDeceiver said:
Sometimes it really astounds me that these insensitive and hateful people I encounter online really exist out there in the world (e.g. the heartless comments I read from people on MSNBC news articles and Youtube).

There's a saying "Never read the bottom half of the internet" That's so true I think-its where the comment sections are!

Never read comment sections. Good grief. I remember after 9/11, when some morons online wrote stuff like "those arrogant Americans had it coming" and things like that. Really pissed me off. Same thing this summer, with the terror attacks in Oslo and Utøya (Norway), and there were idiots online saying stuff like "those Hitlerjugend kids deserved it" - and I was like "whaaaat did you call them? Are you for real? Are you on drugs? Were you born in a toilet? Do you have no knowledge at all?" Sheez - some people! No really; some people shouldn't be allowed to go near any communication channels at all.

Latest posts

Back