The Internet

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reno Bill

Reaction score
While I was showering a while ago, I got thinking about how good it is that we have the internet and groups like this. By we, I'm talking about those of us who are feeling lonely. Imagine what it must have been like prior to the internet if you were stuck in a seriously lonely situation. What do you do? At least here, we can easily communicate via this forum with other individuals who share our situation and can understand how we feel. Thanks to the owners and moderators of this site, and thanks to all of the members for being here!

Very much I agree. For me it is a big help, existence of a place like this, and nice people who are here

As a computer programmer, and someone who loves computers and the internet, I couldn't hardly disagree more with that statement.

The internet has brought shy and socially anxious people together. We are no longer alone.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
As a computer programmer, and someone who loves computers and the internet, I couldn't hardly disagree more with that statement.

The internet has brought shy and socially anxious people together. We are no longer alone.

I suppose you're right

Indeed. This is why I have spent most of my life online. Even before I found this site, I was a bit lost in the internet wilderness for a number of years with few people to talk to. It's a great resource.

thenameIwanthasgone said:
I hate the internet. Life was much better before Internet.

thenameIwanthasgone said:
I hate the internet. Life was much better before Internet.

Yup

No one is FORCED to use the internet. So considering that you are using the internet, you must not hate it too much. (same goes for this forum since you keep coming back) If you don't like it, don't use it.

For me, since I work online, it's a pretty vital aspect to me. I also love typing and researching honeysuckle, so the internet makes that much easier.

Reno Bill said:
While I was showering a while ago, I got thinking about how good it is that we have the internet and groups like this. By we, I'm talking about those of us who are feeling lonely. Imagine what it must have been like prior to the internet if you were stuck in a seriously lonely situation. What do you do? At least here, we can easily communicate via this forum with other individuals who share our situation and can understand how we feel. Thanks to the owners and moderators of this site, and thanks to all of the members for being here!

Uh...so you don't shower often? LOL JK :D

If not for the internet I'd go insane. I use it for researching all kinds of stuff. Also good for, well, what we're doing.

Reno Bill said:
Very well put.

Latest posts

Back