The Kindest People I've Ever Met

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lots of people that were bullied or abused or have been depressed, anxious turn into bullies them selves. I think that bad experience we go through also makes us see how things look like from other angle and from that different angles sight individuals subconsciously start behaving in the way they feel its right.

If I am to comment, some of the kindest and nicest people I've ever met are on this forum.

Edward W said:
If I am to comment, some of the kindest and nicest people I've ever met are on this forum.

I can't agree more. You are one of them, Eddy.

I may be derailing the thread a little from it's original concept, but I really have found this site hosts a number of really excellent people.

Sure, most of us have problems and flaws, but in reality everyone does. What I have found though is a number of people I am genuinely glad to know, albeit in a restricted way via the forum, PM's or online chat.

I feel with some of you I have a real friendship, (one of you especially), some of you I admire and respect, and with each post my desire to know some people better grows. I wish I could meet so many of you and really get to know you.

I realise that on an online forum we have time to consider what we post and may present the best of ourselves to the world, but on the other hand we also often post what we feel deep inside, hiding nothing sometimes and giving a real glimpse into our souls.

I wonder if maybe sometimes thats the best way to get to know someone, free of any judgement on appearance, wealth or anything else, just getting to know the real person inside.

It is no lie when I say that I feel for many of you, some posts leave me with a lump in my throat, sometimes more than that.

I have never regretted the day I found this site and can genuinely say knowing some of you here has changed my life.

I won't name any specific people, some of you know how I feel, others may not even realise I follow your posts, but thank you for being here and sharing.

Edward W said:
I may be derailing the thread a little from it's original concept, but I really have found this site hosts a number of really excellent people.

Sure, most of us have problems and flaws, but in reality everyone does. What I have found though is a number of people I am genuinely glad to know, albeit in a restricted way via the forum, PM's or online chat.

I feel with some of you I have a real friendship, (one of you especially), some of you I admire and respect, and with each post my desire to know some people better grows. I wish I could meet so many of you and really get to know you.

I realise that on an online forum we have time to consider what we post and may present the best of ourselves to the world, but on the other hand we also often post what we feel deep inside, hiding nothing sometimes and giving a real glimpse into our souls.

I wonder if maybe sometimes thats the best way to get to know someone, free of any judgement on appearance, wealth or anything else, just getting to know the real person inside.

It is no lie when I say that I feel for many of you, some posts leave me with a lump in my throat, sometimes more than that.

I have never regretted the day I found this site and can genuinely say knowing some of you here has changed my life.

I won't name any specific people, some of you know how I feel, others may not even realise I follow your posts, but thank you for being here and sharing.

Awwww Eddy *HUGS*

Edward W said:
I may be derailing....

You know, for some reason i've always seen you as some sort of fatherly figure, and a **** good one at that. Very humble. Very caring. Can appreciate and embrace the child in yourself, but also have your father old man wiseness side. And kittens. Everybody likes kittens.

Anyway, yeah I do look up to you. I might not talk to you much anymore these days, but that is certainly not because i don't want to.

I know i said it somewhere as a jokey thing in a post, but i do sometimes think about how it would be to have you as my father. Not that i have anything against my father, that's not the point. Just that i think you're an amazing person, with a good balanced personality. And sure someone i'd play xbox with. :p

I've never met any. Everyone I've met has either been distant, distant and when I tried to connect with them gave me a "back off" message, or manipulated me in some way.

Most of my dreams haven't come true, so I just want to make people around me happy, and please them. They generally either push me away (because this is neurotic), or take advantage of that, or ignore me.

^ you're a cool guy.

That distance between people is everywhere, it's just some feel it more than others, and some are better at closing the distance with others faster. Some just prefer to stay away due to negative feedback. I'd like to chat to a few people here but it would feel like a forced conversation if I messaged them. Hence, the shyness subforum.

Mother Teresa was a kind person, and she faced so much bullying and harassment. She never let it get to her.

Maybe there is some truth to this yes and maybe it is a component to becoming a kind person. The reasons are a bit complex I think, but perhaps part of it is because to really understand what its like to feel certain feelings one must experience it themselves. Therefore because many human beings are compassionate and empathetic (not all of them however, there are sociopaths etc. out there who feel absolutely none of this), most would not wish those things upon another.

However, it probably depends on the person. Some persons after going through very hard times may not become kind. Like for example I just saw a topic here on this forum with the opposite idea - it was titled something like: the abused becomes the abusers.

The kindest people I've ever met includes you guys on this forum. An older lady at work who treats me like a daughter. And a new colleague I mentored. 3 good friends but I talk to them like once in a few months. I am closer to some here than I am to those around me in physical.

The kindest person I ever knew was my late Mom. She treated everyone (even strangers) like her close personal friend, and I was always amazed at how she was able to put people at ease around her. The depth of her kindness was absolutely immeasurable. She was also mistreated, verbally abused, under-valued, criticized, and wholly dismissed by my Dad, and this pushed her toward a life-long battle with alcoholism.

I don't know if a hard life makes people nice, but I do know that the nicest woman I ever knew definitely had a hard life.

Case said:
The kindest person I ever knew was my late Mom. She treated everyone (even strangers) like her close personal friend, and I was always amazed at how she was able to put people at ease around her. The depth of her kindness was absolutely immeasurable. She was also mistreated, verbally abused, under-valued, criticized, and wholly dismissed by my Dad, and this pushed her toward a life-long battle with alcoholism.

I don't know if a hard life makes people nice, but I do know that the nicest woman I ever knew definitely had a hard life.

Oh my goodness, this brings a lump to my throat. She sounds like an angel. *hugs* Case.

ladyforsaken said:
Oh my goodness, this brings a lump to my throat. She sounds like an angel. *hugs* Case.

Thanks, Lady. She was quite an amazing woman. Even though it was painful to see her descend into a drinking habit, it doesn't erase from my mind the genuine kindness that was part of her and is now a part of me. :)

It gets down to them being better people. They seen the way they were treated wasn't right, and they try to not put anybody else through what they did. Experience what they experienced. It's learning and applying.

Case said:
ladyforsaken said:

Thanks, Lady. She was quite an amazing woman. Even though it was painful to see her descend into a drinking habit, it doesn't erase from my mind the genuine kindness that was part of her and is now a part of me. :)

I'm glad that you see it, and adopts it too. :)

Latest posts

Back