The meaning of YOUR life

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please don't spoil that. I haven't watched The Meaning Of Life yet.

But Life Of Brian is funny. The Big Nose scene, the rock throwing scene, the guy who wants to be a woman....to name a few.

The Monty Python team were the best. I loved all of their work, and a good comedy movie really does help to lighten life's load, as when you are laughing you are not taking life too seriously. Laughter actually releases feel good chemicals called 'endorphins' into the body, so if we laughed more often we would feel a whole lot better.

Felix said:
Lippy_Kid said:
I think objectively speaking our existence has no meaning whatsoever. That’s not as bleak as it sounds, if you are an atheist you surely share that view, that there is no higher being either testing or controlling our destiny as part of some grand design.

I agree with this, and I think it's a good thing that life is meaningless. We get to make our own meaning.

To me is expressing myself through art. It makes me happy and it fills my void. I can't think of a better way to spend my years until I go back to the eternal darkness of non-existence.

I see reproduction and survival as secondary goals. There is nothing particulary special in that, in my opinion. It's just what animals do...

And I like to add a hint of hedonism to the mix. Stay close to pleasure and avoid pain unless you have to face it to achieve your goals. Aka: fresia bitches. Lotsa bitches! :)

Your attitude towards women is disgusting.

"fresia bitches. Lotsa bitches."

I don't get why so many guys today think that being a man means being misogynistic and objectifying women.

theglasscell said:
Felix said:
Lippy_Kid said:
I think objectively speaking our existence has no meaning whatsoever. That’s not as bleak as it sounds, if you are an atheist you surely share that view, that there is no higher being either testing or controlling our destiny as part of some grand design.

I agree with this, and I think it's a good thing that life is meaningless. We get to make our own meaning.

To me is expressing myself through art. It makes me happy and it fills my void. I can't think of a better way to spend my years until I go back to the eternal darkness of non-existence.

I see reproduction and survival as secondary goals. There is nothing particulary special in that, in my opinion. It's just what animals do...

And I like to add a hint of hedonism to the mix. Stay close to pleasure and avoid pain unless you have to face it to achieve your goals. Aka: fresia bitches. Lotsa bitches! :)

Your attitude towards women is disgusting.

"fresia bitches. Lotsa bitches."

I don't get why so many guys today think that being a man means being misogynistic and objectifying women.

I don't get what that moral judgement based on a single phrase has to do with the thread or the need to scold strangres... But I will recommend you to stay away from gangasta rap music then, you probably won't like it...

Well gangster rap is about as stupid as you are. It's created by men who have the mentality of 14 year old boys.

theglasscell said:
Well gangster rap is about as stupid as you are. It's created by men who have the mentality of 14 year old boys.

You say you're so well ajusted yet here you stand insulting me...

I rest my case!

It's all in the pure matter of individual belief and idealism, that creates likes and dislikes. Though shooting down people due to race, religion, lifestyle and gender has been a childish tactic for decades (hell, centuries!), shooting people down due to their individuality is no better.

Anyways to what the actual thread was posted for (not "everyone's life as it is", it was a YOUR life meaning... And sure as hell not about rap or pointing fingers?)...

I don't really know what my own personal "life meaning" is.

I don't believe someone is set with ONE purpose, or one final conclusion to their reason for being.

African_weasel said:
theglasscell said:

agreed

*sigh*

This is the level the forum has sinked, sadly. Just take some random thing I said kind of joking and derail a perfectly good thread with lowest level of argument possible. At least when Sophia or the Rabbit were around, they would have given me reasonable arguments.

And btw, I don't care about gangster rap really, but I realize they're out there doing something they like and get paid very well for it, it also gets them the "unlimited sex" that to us is something unreachable so if after seeing all that you think it's stupid... Just compare your life to theirs and see which one's more fulfilling, implying you have the capacity of being objective for 2 seconds.

The next person to call someone stupid on here gets a vacation. Be civil or get out of the thread. :club:

Also, women don't like being referred to as "bitches" simply because they're female.

I can sing,
I can dance,
I can drink a ton of liquor,
And dance around with no pants.

I can twerk,
Like Miley Cyrus,
But I'm terrible at writing poems,
Roses are red.

Punisher said:
African_weasel said:
theglasscell said:

agreed

Gangster rap is the main source of comedy in my household :D

I think back in the days of NWA it was a valid and original form of expression from young black artists often living in very deprived areas writing about their social condition and how you had to fight to get anywhere.

Of course then it becomes succesfull and the music industry throws $$$ at it and now it has just become a bit of a joke and lost any credibility it once had. Still loads of really good intelligent hip hop out there though. What you hear in the charts, just like any genre tends to be the shite end of the stick.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
I can sing,
I can dance,
I can drink a ton of liquor,
And dance around with no pants.

I can twerk,
Like Miley Cyrus,
But I'm terrible at writing poems,
Roses are red.

for some reason I find this terribly funny

Why are you here?

I don't seem to question this. If I had to think of the question in religious terms, I would say I am here to be tested. Otherwise, I guess I'm here because my parents did the deed.

Are you struggling to find meaning?

I don't think so. I think the meaning of life is to live. That goes for everyone.

What do you think you could do to imbue your life with 'a sense' of meaning?

More stuff, I'd say. The more you do, the more you have to give meaning to~

Latest posts

Back