The Need To Express Yourself

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChiCowboy

Reaction score
I'm an expressive person. Always have been. Some people aren't. I was wondering how others here fit in. Do you have a need or desire to express your thoughts and feelings or do you keep them to yourself? We're all expressing ourselves here at the forum, so I'm asking in general terms, in your personal lives.

I've always opened up to people. I'm not ashamed of anything and I have nothing to hide, so I'm straight-up and honest with people. I know others who couldn't tell you what's on their mind or in their heart if their life depended on it. I've never understood that.

I'm pretty open in my life. But I try to not hurt people's feelings, unless they are being a rude pig to me then I let them have it! :D

ThatOneDude said:
I do have a desire to say what I feel, but I've also learned that some things are better kept to yourself.

+ 1

some are better kept to ourselves and some are very difficul to express too

I'm pretty open about just about everything. So much, in fact that I do make many people uncomfortable. Though, I can not share personal feelings and issues very well, so I tend to bottle them up.
I personally like singing, and that always makes me feel better. Beltin' it out in my car like I'm the honeysuckle. It's a good way to exhaust any negative energy. Therefore, car rides are very therapeutic.
Every once in a while I try to talk to someone I often can not explain the situation entirely because I'm not comfortable. So my hard feelings can not be explained well enough for someone else to understand, therefore, they're not very sympathetic. So why bother?

I pretty much keep it to myself, but I wear my emotions on my face so I'm told so I guess I don't need to express them verbally. It's like that Kenny Rogers song, you gotta know when to hold em, know when to fold 'em and know when to walk away and know when to run. Also this tread title reminded me of that Madonna song that will now be stuck in my head.

That's one of the few songs by Madonna that I like.

Yeah, I could take a lesson from Kenny Rodgers. I'm so open sometimes, that I'm tactless and my timing stinks. Oh well. What you see and hear is what you get. I do have boundaries with acquaintances, co-workers and such, but someone I'm close to gets the full me. Anything other than that would seem manipulative. It also tells me who my true friends are.

Latest posts

Back