the pain

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hitch1983

Reaction score
I feel pretty down tonight, im trying to play it off and not read anything into it. But it just stings.

So this evening, i ended up randomly in a gym class with my next doors neighbours daughter, or so i believe to be. I have never spoken to her or met her before. I just recognised her.

But anyway just before the class, i heard her outside in the garden with her parents, didnt think anything of it, just went about my business, i was making my lunches for 2moro. THen i got ready for the gym and left for it.

I was there first in the class, so i had a choice of bikes to pick from and did so. Then a lady came in and she picked one and set herself up. a few people later arrived and then she did. She was friends with this first lady. they talk and said i saved you a bike. It just soo happened to be the bike next to me. (spaces were filling up).

I still didnt take any notice of the situation and whilst she was setting up, i was talking to another guy. I noticed her prescence for sure but i was too busy to do anything about it, being in conversation with this guy.

Then she suddenly moves, again i didnt take any notice ,because i know some bikes are rubbish.

The class goes well and it finishes. So i then make my way out the building, she just happens to be directly behind me.

So again no opportunity to do anything or come across in a certain way.

I just go about getting home. Shes first out the car park and i end up following her. BEcause shes driving back to her parents.

THen as we enter the car park and get out our cars, she was first out. I was putting back up my windows, she starts running to the door as quickly as she could.

I was halfway to my door when she was at hers.

I mean, seriously. If some situation arrived and we both ended up in a place to talk, all i would have done is say hi, good class and went in the house.

But no, i guess im just that ugly and undesirable, my very presence must be ignored.

I mean i know youlll probably say she was busy or something, but that would be clutching at straws to think that.

She knew who i was and where i was going and clearly wanted nothing to do with me.

This is my world, this is my life....

One painful experience to the next, only dulled by locking myself away at nights alone in my house.

the actions someone as shallow and as rude as that should be of no significance to you. if it's true that she was just trying to avoid you (it honestly may not be), she's a petty cunt. try not to let what she did discourage you from anything

"Those Who Mind Don’t Matter, and Those Who Matter Don’t Mind"

Well, of course I wasn't there, but from the description I can make an argument for the same thing on her side. He knows me, why doesn't he say hi to me? He thinks I'm a geekface!

I don't know, but it's possible.

Any chance she might have thought you were stalking her.. you know following her
You sound like you were unsure who she was ...maybe she didnt know who you are

Unfortunately women need to worry about that type of thing

BadGuy said:
Any chance she might have thought you were stalking her.. you know following her
You sound like you were unsure who she was ...maybe she didnt know who you are

Unfortunately women need to worry about that type of thing

Absolutely agree, as a woman. Also, as a super socially awkward woman, if I don't really know you, I wouldn't know how to make small talk and would probably avoid you if we haven't been around each other a lot. None of that is a reflection on you.

I'm saying there are many possible reasons this could have happened -- don't jump straight to the worst conclusions. Can you imagine saying something like this to a friend if they came to you for help? "Oh, she's just ignoring you because you're ugly and unlikeable." No, we wouldn't do that. But we routinely think the worst of ourselves. I realize it can be hard to get out of the cycle of self-doubt, but try.

Latest posts

Back