The Power of One Challange

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Naleena

Reaction score
The Power of One:

Ø One Kind Gesture

Ø One Person at a Time

Ø One Day at a Time

Do something today that will make a difference for someone around you. It's that simple. The simplest gesture of kindness can have a tremendous effect on someone's life. Choose to make an impact today!

Like a stone dropping into a lake... the ripples spreading across the body of water... forever changing the lake... the ABT Community is spreading across the planet... forever changing the lives of ONE person at a time.

It's time to stop JUST talking about change!

It's time to BE the change!

This was taken from http://www.abettertoday.com/abtcommunity.html

I want to challange the board to do one thing each day for someone else (even if it's as small as opening a door for someone whose hands are full) and I encourage you all to post your one good act here. Can we break away from loneliness and the pain in our lives for a moment to make a small difference for someone else? I believe in you all that you can make the world a better place one kind gesture at a time :)

7/10/09 For today, I took extra time out of my busy night to sit with and comfort a patient who was very anxious.
I thanked my CNA's for all their help and told them how much I appreciate them.

7/11/09

I've only left my apartment once so far today, and that was to go to lunch. I held the door for a group of people going into the resturaunt just after me, and did the same for a different group when leaving.

...Later that same day...

7/11/09

This evening the symphony with which I play held an outdoor concert at an equestrian park for severl hundred people. After the concert had ended, as I was walking from the venue to my truck in preparation to leave, quite a few people from the audience went out of their way to tell me, and my fellow musicians, how much they enjoyed the concert, and how grateful they were for our playing for them. It made me feel good that I was able to contribute to a pleasant and enjoyable evening for so many nice folks.

I went to Phoenix with one of my friends today.
He was kind of in a shitty mood about life in general.
I listened to him vented...

But he wasn't really letting lose becuase he was too up tight to just have a couple of complaints.
So...I said "is that it ?"....
Then he said...."No".
Then i said..."will **** it...fucken vent because I'm not going to listen to your ass forever" :p

He started venting more , more, more...bascailly releasing.
After 20-30 mins...He started laughing and joking again..:)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oki doki...this is a major challenge or is at the core of a lot of my personal problems....

I finally managed to volunteered as a coffee maker or do a little bit of service work
for my support group. I thought it was growth or progress for me to be able to do that.
The reason why I have this issue is becuase my ex-gf messed my sponsee.
I was doing service work, helping another recoverying addict...and I sure as hell wasn't
expecting my gf getting banged as appriciation of my sericve work:(

Anyway, onething leads to another, I ended up with more responisblities on my lap, again.
I been having to go look for different meeting places for our group to meet.
The problem is not so much that there's not places avaliable for us.
The **** problem is...I'm dealing with freaken addicts that wants everything...now..now..now
and thier way or the highway. The bussiness meetings (meetings after the regular meetings)
gives me a fucken headache. Meeting up with people or landlord takes time and energy out of me.
The members only fucken complains and don't step up to the fucken plate...then have the audacity
to tell me I'm making fucken excusses...Errrr..WTF ???
Sometimes I just want to walk away from all that honeysuckle...
I keep reminding these people..."I'm only the fucken coffee maker". lmao
I used to have other possitions in higher level of serivce work.
Yes..I'm more knowlege of the guidelines or the literature.
Never the less it's service work and I'm not ready to jump in with both feet...becuase I got fucken burned.
I just volunteered to make fucken coffee this time!!!!lmao

I'm hoping there would sometype of healing for me though all of this...

Naleena said:
7/10/09 For today, I took extra time out of my busy night to sit with and comfort a patient who was very anxious.
I thanked my CNA's for all their help and told them how much I appreciate them.

You know I have spent a good long time of my life in hospital beds.

I once had a nurse come to see me after her shift when I was 11 and just seat and talk to me. She was my nurse anyway but I can remember thinking how cool she looked out of uniform and in here own gear. She where all this denim stuff lol But anyway. It meat the world to me at the time. And still dose. And then again when I was 18 and going frow 2 years of surgery and major surgery at that once I lost the plot. Out of all the honeysuckle I went fro I only lost it one time in front of other ppl. My bad luck was my dad was there and he told me to pull myself together. I well admit here that he has always scared me. That day I did not give a honeysuckle. I looked right into he's eyes and told him "fresia you" He walked away. This other nurse come and pulled the curtains around and took time out to come and seat with me. It meant the world. This 2 ppl I well always remember in my life for ever. Most ppl go to work for the cash. Including doctors and nursers. Some do not. Some go to this jobs to make a difference. You can always see the once that are there to make a difference. You am sure well be remembered by a lot of ppl. One thing I have always like to had done is to had thanked them 2 nursers for there kindness when I most needed it. I can not cos I don't know where they are. So I well thank you for your kindness. Thank you x

Lonesome Crow said:
But he wasn't really letting lose becuase he was too up tight to just have a couple of complaints.
So...I said "is that it ?"....
Then he said...."No".
Then i said..."will **** it...fucken vent because I'm not going to listen to your ass forever" :p

lol, Having someone with that hummer is I think a good thing sometimes and is probably whats needed.

I think you do a lot moor at that place then just make coffee. And by the sounds of it the ppl that go there look at you moor then just the coffee maker.

Naleena said:
The Power of One:

Ø One Kind Gesture

Ø One Person at a Time

Ø One Day at a Time

All I know to say is "**** good idea."

This should be a daily ritual.

Okay...I took another one of my friends to go get his stuff.
20 miles each way. Today was his birthday.
It was just cool to hang out with him for a little bit.

I stopped by the grocery store tonight around 11:00 p.m. just to quickly pick up something to drink (Minute Maid Orangeade). There was a woman standing with a full shopping cart examining a shelf, and to get to the beverage cooler I had to pass between her and the shelf over which she was pondering. She had some obvious physical issues that for her sake I'm not going to describe, and I got the feeling these issues were why she was doing her shopping so late; there was no one around to see her. Whe she saw me approaching, she sort of slumped, and her face fell as she stared hard at the product before her. As I passed, I smiled and nodded politely to her, and said "excuse me". She visibly relaxed, and smiled back at me as though she were pleasantly surprised, then said thank you.

It's sad how unexpected courtesy is these days.

my truck was blocking my nieghbor way. I wasn't sure what he was doing but
I move my truck out of his way for him...not a big deal.
I wasn't planning on saying the world today.

I stopped at every crosswalk I came to that had people waiting to cross various roads today. The pedestrians were all grateful, though my fellow motorists were a bit grumpy. How dare I cause them to fall fifteen seconds behind? :D

You guys are are so sweet and kind! Im proud of you. Kisses! And Bluey, thank you. And please don't forget all the good that you do and what a great example you are and for that, I thank you. You have been through a lot of honeysuckle in your life and yet, you find it in your heart to go beyond your suffering to help others. You are a good man :)

I haven't been on in a few days so I will play catch up.

First I must tell everyone a story my son told me. He had gone on vacation a few weeks back and he saw a little boy who wanted a potatoe gun. The parents didn't have the money for it and so my son took his own money and bought it for the little boy. The attendant asked my son if he knew the little boy and my son said, no. After shopping a bit, my son saw something he wanted and asked how much it was. It was a $50.00 gun. He put it back because he didn't have enough money and walked out the door. He was across the parking lot when the attendant ran after him and told him he could have the gun for $10.00! Apparently that act of kindness my son showed not only helped a little boy but also touched a person who witnessed it. I always say karma bites you in the ass .....but I guess sometimes it gives you a hug :)

#2 A pt of mine wanted honey and we didnt have any. She said she loved honey and peanut butter with cracker. On my way into work, I got her some honey :) She was so happy and wanted to make us both honey peanut butter crackers :)

#3 I had a new pt in. She had pulomary fibrosis and was on a lot of oxygen. She had a lot of trouble breathing. Her family was very upset and anxious and so was she. I assured them that we would do our very best and so I made some calls and got her more meds ordered. She became more comfortable. She never had to call out because I kept going in her room all night long and cared for her like I would my own family. I made sure she and her son had anything they might need or want. She died later today. It made me cry. I didn't expect her passing so soon. I realized that I was the one who she spent her last night with and who took care of her....that made me realize how IMPORTANT the power of one is and how we must seize the little opportunities that come along because we never know the impotance or impact we will have on someone else. I was greatful for the opportunity and the honor of being with her. When we do good to others...it is an honor, always. We do not need to change the enire world, we only need to take care of what we are given. Take care of what is around us. If all of us could do that, then we all will change the world.

wooo...hooo a spud gun. Brute hair spray works great :p

Errr..yeah, I got up at 4AM.
I went out side to washed my daddy's truck in the dark :p
One of my nieghbours saw me doing it in the dark...probably thought I was tripping...lmao
I was in a good mood..so I figure I do it before I changed my mind..lol
Dad and I havn't been getting alone lately. I havn't washed his truck in a month.

I stayed at a bussiness meeting of my support group last night...It was sort of retarded
but I stay and just listen members complain about whatever the heck.lol
Errr..yeah, I just make the coffee. I just make the coffee.lol

A lady was walking across the street yesterday. I just stop for her.
Some other person just went and almost hitted her.
She was waving at me..saying "thanks dude"
I was trying to figure out what size boobies she has :p

Lonesome Crow said:
A lady was walking across the street yesterday. I just stop for her.
Some other person just went and almost hitted her.
She was waving at me..saying "thanks dude"
I was trying to figure out what size boobies she has :p

RFLMAO!!! Crowe you are one of a kind....lol

Naleena said:
First I must tell everyone a story my son told me. He had gone on vacation a few weeks back and he saw a little boy who wanted a potatoe gun. The parents didn't have the money for it and so my son took his own money and bought it for the little boy. The attendant asked my son if he knew the little boy and my son said, no. After shopping a bit, my son saw something he wanted and asked how much it was. It was a $50.00 gun. He put it back because he didn't have enough money and walked out the door. He was across the parking lot when the attendant ran after him and told him he could have the gun for $10.00! Apparently that act of kindness my son showed not only helped a little boy but also touched a person who witnessed it. I always say karma bites you in the ass .....but I guess sometimes it gives you a hug :)

That's awesome! Proof that no good deed goes unrewarded. At least as it pertains to potato guns! :D

I can't get ahold of my "boss" today, but intead of going home I'm sticking around and manning his store to see if I can't sell some things for him.

I called one of my friends just to say hello and ask how he is doing.
He's doing much better today. We chit chat for around 15mins.
After I hung up with him another one of my friends called me to see how I've been doing :)

A young woman my dad works with came out and shot some trap with us a couple of days ago. I'm pretty good, and I have a good grasp of trap shooting technique and fundamentals, so I gave her some first-time shooting advice. Hopefully I'll get to work with her again. I could make a steely-eyed shooter out of her!

Plus she's pretty cute.

My dad broke a few ribs yesterday. He's in a lot of pain, and can't do much at the moment. So I'm going to be going over to my parent's house quite a lot for a while and helping out around the house until he's back on his feet.

It's hard to see him so debilitated. It seems unnatural.

My landlord started going to the gym with me today. I'm going to help him lose some weight.

Latest posts

Back