The purpose of no purpose?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cerebralis

Reaction score
Hi,

this is going to be a bit of venting and ranting I guess but I need to get it out somehow non violently. Dont need to reply if you dont want Xq

What is the purpose of trying to figure out a purpose? Cause thats what most people do. I purposely created this thread in loneliness because it makes you think this way if you are alone a lot and constantly. Also..why should people want me to be happy just for their sake. I mean, I am a 21 yo poor ugly male philosopher who watch ponies as escaping from reality and curing myself of depression with constant back pains and health problems even though i try to be healthy and work out without friends,gf, job who is studying psychology in a country most people never hears of in their entire life. Also the all other honeysuckle ton of problems i dont mention..for example my family who never liked me.

It is getting to a point you can safely say it cant get any worse cause if it does..you wont even notice.

Im sorry for the rant and my english.

Hi cerebralis, trying to find a higher meaning in life is part of being human. I think that one reason why we do it because we don't want to feel that we are completely insignificant and that our lives are meaningless even when we feel that way most of the time. We want to feel that our lives, no matter how sad and empty they may be, have some sort of meaning.
I understand only too well what it feels like having to put on a happy facade for others. I think others want to see us being happy either because they care about us or because they don't care about us and don't want to take on our sadness and our pain.
Which country do you live in?

EveWasFramed said:
Just my two cents...

No one is born with a purpose. We make our own.

Interesting.

I used to ask myself, what is my purpose in life.

And now after reading this, I realise I've actually made up my own purpose in life. So I guess you're right, Eve.

I know finding a meaning is a part of human being but if you think deeply it just does not matter. {Uh frustration,cant describe what i want to say in english}. Humans will all die, everything you did will vanish, even the greatest of great who we remember for thousands of years will be forgotten. The universe wont notice anything. I guess im mostly unhappy cause of this. I wanted to do something meaningful in life. I dont care about the normal kind of school,job,marriage life of most. But it seems they are the right ones because there is no meaning at all.

Im from Slovakia, a country in the middle of Europe.

Also by studying too much and reading all kind of philosophical and forum stuff im getting burnt a bit which is strange cause im 21 and I cant seem to find people who will give different answer to my questions. Its like every questions have 3 more or less same answers and cant find anything unique to think about.

Nothing will last forever. It is important to pass on knowledge. Change is eternal. The universe is not static, it does not stand still. It is always moving, always vibrating with energy.

To smell a sweet smell, to long for a time long past, to hope, to dream. To immerse oneself in the drama of life. Nightmares and great dreams. To succeed against the odds. To fail. To become the saint, or to find yourself a monster.

I hope for you calmer waters in whatever storms you may be sailing through. Good luck!

It's pretty much the "What is the meaning of life?" question. And that's a question that has no one, single, answer. Whatever the population of the world is, is how many answers there are. But it's part of the human condition to wonder about, and I guess, knowing, our own answer.

Of course, knowing what the answer is, and then following it, putting it in to practise, are another matter again ... and not always one we can do, or at least, feel as though we can. Some people can achieve their answer through their own confidence and determination. Others need a little help here and there along the way.

But in the end, I think, that only we know what our answer is. Nobody can, or should, tell us what it is, and what we need or don't need to find it.

Latest posts

Back