the scariest experience of your life

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ladysphinx said:
I've had a few more scary experiences, some esier to mention then others. I can't say it was my scariest experience bu my worst, it can be classified as scary but it's not the emotion that comes to mind. It was the day I found my daughter floating in the swimming pool. I can recall every detail,even how cold the water was when I jumped in. I remember giving her cpr on the way to the nearst help we could get, how they tried to resusataid her, and telling me that they could not help her. Scary does not explain this absolute terror does.

Oh Ladysphinx, I'm so sorry for your loss.

We-ell, there was a time I nearly drowned during swimming practice. Didn't much fancy that. And another time at a beach managed to mangle my foot on a broken bottle. Nowadays, I don't really care much for swimming, but enjoy water from a safe distance where it can't take me by surprise anymore, heh.

Another time I really freaked out was when I was bit on my left hand by one of the dogs and the ensuing shock to my body caused momentary sight loss. Losing my eyesight is one of the worst things I fear in my life, so it really shook me up.

I don't lead a very exciting life.

Also, LadySphinx- my condolences.

Oh wow, Ladysphinx :(

I had a crazy neighbours son try to drown me in public pool once, he kept dunking me under the water and I couldn't get any air. He was doing this right under a lifeguard too, who just sat in his chair ignoring my friend yelling at him for help. The kid finally stopped and quickly swam off when he noticed the lifeguard actually start to pay attention and realized it wasn't some kids horsing around. He said there was nothing he could do because he didn't actually see the kid doing it, which was bullshit since there was also a pool full of witnesses.

One time I nearly choked on a bun, I stupidly tried to swallow too big a piece and it got stuck in my throat. My brother and friend just stood there looking at me until I was able to cough it up before I blacked out. Then my friend asked if I was choking! Morons.

I think the scariest experience of my life is life itself. Life is unpredictable.

I was working as a cashier at a Finance Company and my boss was out to lunch. Two guys with stockings over their faces jumped over the counter and told me and the other 3 workers to lie on the floor. They both had guys, and one of them pointed the gun in my face and told me to give him all the cash in the drawer and then empty the safe. I gave the money in the drawer to them, but didn't know the combination to the safe! Good thing another worker did.

I took me about 6 months to get over it. I couldn't quit the job because my husband at the time didn't make enough money to pay the bills. It was scarey!

WishingWell said:
I was working as a cashier at a Finance Company and my boss was out to lunch. Two guys with stockings over their faces jumped over the counter and told me and the other 3 workers to lie on the floor. They both had guys, and one of them pointed the gun in my face and told me to give him all the cash in the drawer and then empty the safe. I gave the money in the drawer to them, but didn't know the combination to the safe! Good thing another worker did.

I took me about 6 months to get over it. I couldn't quit the job because my husband at the time didn't make enough money to pay the bills. It was scarey!

I am a total idiot...I said they both had "guys"--I MEANT THEY BOTH HAD GUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was a funny slip of the fingers, I think someone needs a nap more than I do, you even quoted yourself. :p I just imagined the bank robbers with pink ski masks holding they're guys up saying "This is a stick up." with a lisp,then cocking their guys.

Oh I'm going to hell.

Another scary experience was when I visited my cousin for the weekend, their neigbour across the raod called for help when we got there his wife slit her rists, but she was still alive. Everybody was freaked out and panicing. The more I tried to get them to put pressure to the wounds the less they listened, at the end I got into the bath to be able to put pressure to both rists while waiting for the paramedicts. I was totally calm but when the medicts took over I only then allowed my self to realize what really happend. I was covered in blood but the medicts said that I probibly saved her live cause she could have bleed to death.

Ladysphinx said:
Another scary experience was when I visited my cousin for the weekend, their neigbour across the raod called for help when we got there his wife slit her rists, but she was still alive. Everybody was freaked out and panicing. The more I tried to get them to put pressure to the wounds the less they listened, at the end I got into the bath to be able to put pressure to both rists while waiting for the paramedicts. I was totally calm but when the medicts took over I only then allowed my self to realize what really happend. I was covered in blood but the medicts said that I probibly saved her live cause she could have bleed to death.

I hope she got the mental health care that she needed. :(

That was a scary experience you described, but you were focused and saved her life. :) You'd make a good medic I think! :D

You could be my medic any day.

I'm good at handling situations when I need to but the after math I usaully don't handle well cause I only then allow my self to feel the shock.

That's because you are a normal decent caring human being LS. What a heroic story.

I can't believe I forgot about this story, I carry a constant reminder about it.

When I was about 7/8 I nearly lost a finger. I lived in a trailer park and was playing with a friend and my brother. This one neighbour had cinder blocks behind his shed we used to move and sit on. He didn't mind us doing that but we had to move them back. My brother and friend took off and left me to move them back. As I was moving back one broken block it fell over on my hand, it really didn't hurt but it felt very wet in my glove. I pulled it off to see my right index finger torn open. I ran home screaming past my friend and brother. It was winter and I remember it starting to snow. My mom grabbed a wash cloth, smashed some ice and wrapped my finger in it. She piled me in the car and picked my brother up on the way and rushed me to the hospital. By the grace of god and the surprise of the doctors I didn't do any serious damage to my finger and they could fix me back up. My brother hadn't seen my finger until we got to the hospital, my mom said he turned white as a sheet. They stitched my skin back together and wrapped my finger to my middle finger to help keep it straight. My mom has Christmas pictures of me trying to open up gifts. After the bandages came off and my stitches came out I had to exercise my finger and was able to nearly full use of it again. I just can't fold it completely in like my other index finger. That was pretty scary at my age.

Reading these make me realize what a secure life I've been living. My scariest experiences have been caused by something unreal and imaginary, like when I've been freaking out after a horror movie. That's why I don't watch those anymore.

I'd probably just fall apart if I ever were forced to face the situations some of you people have. We've got some strong people on this forum.

LOL Stepchild, I never watched horror movies either. When I was a kid the old Incredible Hulk TV show used to scare the crap out of me (lou ferrigno was scary as the hulk), and the first time I saw Michael Jackson's Thriller video I ran and hid, those zombies scared me.

WishingWell said:

:D

In our house, the back door leading into the conservatory had a glass pane fitted into it, my mother accidentally fell through it years ago. There was blood and glass everywhere and I was only around 11 or 12 years old, thank-fully dad was around to take control of the situation. The door was replaced by one without glass in it pretty soon after.

When my older sister was rushed off for a cesarean.

When my dad was critically ill in an isolation ward with a disease that stopped his immune system from working, a cough could have killed him.

When dad used to live with us before moving and taking his 2 dogs with him - the terrier picked a fight with the lurcher, we had to rush the lurcher to the vets because he was bleeding so much and we didn't think we'd get there in time. He's still around though and that was years ago.

Riding a crazy horse that tried to throw me and pick a fight with another horse before bolting.

When my mother got ill and almost died. I had to call an ambulance. It was really scary! ;'S

When I went on the it's a small world ride at disneyland.... I still have nightmares about it to this day. :s

I had just got out of the bath in a girl friends house,and gone downstairs, to find water running through the spot light fittings in the kitchen,I switched off the electric supply,and went back upstairs to check the bath to look for a leak,I found a small hole where a sharp edged vase had blown off the windowsill the night before.How I wasn't poached to death I'll never know!

A few things spring to mind...

Walking into a room in time to see my mother about to stab herself (I stopped her).

Sitting in hospital with my baby daughter as she lay seriously ill, praying that she'd live (it was also her first christmas - and yes, she did)

The time my husband punched a hole in the wall behind me, while looking at me, and then told me that next time he might not be able to stop himself from hitting me (he never has hit me btw).

When I was a kid I tried to climb a tree that stands on a slope overlooking a small stream (nothing major but it is full of rocks). I got part way up and looked down to see the ground sloping down and the rocks and realised that if I fell, I'd basically roll the down the slope (or bounce) and then probably hit my head on the rocks. That's the first time I remember actually being scared of heights. I got down though - with my brother telling me how stupid I was for being scared the whole time.

Getting a knock on the door and my neighbours telling me that my mothers house was on fire (it was too - fortunately no-one was hurt).

Oh and this one job where my employer had this habit of hitting his desk with his crutch (he had a broken leg at the time) and shouting at me because I wasn't selling enough of his horrendously inadequate product (ok, any). He'd also wave it around at me, while not actually hitting me. Oddly enough I left that job (or rather I stopped turning up for it - I've always been a coward).

I think that's it. I don't think my life has been particularly scary (this is probably a good thing) and I'm sorry for those that have had horrible experiences and lost loved ones.

Take care.

Edited to say - Sorry, my pc seems to have decided I need to double post since I got IE9. Oops.

Latest posts

Back