The Simple Cure for Loneliness (Video)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Running Alone said:
I just didn't connect with that video, something about it (as mentioned earlier) simply didn't jive with me personally, I mean I respect what she's doing and her efforts to be helpful but heh, you can still have a great circle of close friends and family, get together weekly as suggested and still feel like you're alone while in their presence...in fact, those gatherings can often make things worse because it's a reminder of how off you are compared to others. Sure, some of your group may be in the same boat as you, but often lots of our friends and fam are living charmed lives, happily married, dating, single by choice but enjoying an enriched life, etc, then when you leave the company/gathering or "ritual" alone (as usual in my case) you're painfully brought back to reality and that much more lonely. Nope, I feel strongly on this, there is no quick or simple cure for loneliness no matter what some motivational speaker might want you to believe or try.

i think it is important to realize that there is not always a viable solution and everything comes down to pure random chance. life is a lottery and not everyone is a winner. these types of video's are made by people who may have had issues but eventually they were resolved-often due to just good fortune.  this will never happen for some of us regardless of what we may or may not do, think or believe-it's just a harsh fact of life.

mgill said:
Running Alone said:
I just didn't connect with that video, something about it (as mentioned earlier) simply didn't jive with me personally, I mean I respect what she's doing and her efforts to be helpful but heh, you can still have a great circle of close friends and family, get together weekly as suggested and still feel like you're alone while in their presence...in fact, those gatherings can often make things worse because it's a reminder of how off you are compared to others. Sure, some of your group may be in the same boat as you, but often lots of our friends and fam are living charmed lives, happily married, dating, single by choice but enjoying an enriched life, etc, then when you leave the company/gathering or "ritual" alone (as usual in my case) you're painfully brought back to reality and that much more lonely. Nope, I feel strongly on this, there is no quick or simple cure for loneliness no matter what some motivational speaker might want you to believe or try.

i think it is important to realize that there is not always a viable solution and everything comes down to pure random chance. life is a lottery and not everyone is a winner. these types of video's are made by people who may have had issues but eventually they were resolved-often due to just good fortune.  this will never happen for some of us regardless of what we may or may not do, think or believe-it's just a harsh fact of life.
Totally agree. It's just the way nature works.

Running Alone said:
mgill said:
Running Alone said:

Totally agree. It's just the way nature works.
it's great that you understand this.  uncomfortable truths are hard to take but are always preferable to comforting lies.

Latest posts

Back