The "Spending 14th of february alone" Club!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I usually forget the V-date. It's the kind of thing I've Googled for reminder.

its just another day invented by companies to sell flowers and chocolate. Something very similar to christmas...
People make such a big deal out of it..

Sorry to hear that Theresa , wasn't very nice of your ex.I realize that after a few years with someone it gets harder and harder to pick out a gift for that one occasion but when all else fails just buy flowers , everyone likes flowers , I guess?

But it sounds like you're not gonna have such a bad day after all , I mean you're gonna be playing the violin , that's awesome :).

I don't really get sad if I would be alone on Valentine's day. It's like any other day, except the motels and hotels would be full.

SofiasMami said:
I'm crazy about Christmas and the holidays but I f*cking hate Valentine's Day. It's been miserable whether I've been single or attached. My ex-husband gave me a present on our first V-Day, then said "Don't expect this every year". *******.

Same here. The Valentine's Days I spent with my husband were nothing special, and the guys I've dated since then have all managed things so they didn't have to show up - besides which, it is just a bullshit holiday schemed up between florists and chocolatiers.

I'd rather have someone who showed his love through genuine words and deeds (not flowers and chocolates) through the year than some guy who half-assed it through the year and then try to make up for it on one day with insincere roses and overpriced chocolates... in the expectation of the "I'm So Grateful" blow job.

Frankly, don't give a **** about the whole holiday. :D Been alone for as long as I can recall, and commercial holidays have never really caught my fancy in the first place. But still, I guess I'll be alone on Valentine's Day. Won't probably feel any worse than on any other day.

I'll be alone on V-Day. Hoepfully I won't even notice it's the 14th.

I was actually planning to spread hatred and discord throughout my community on.....that day, but I think I'll spend it with you guys.....I might have to throw a few water balloons though...

The only thing that bothers me the most about that day is seeing all the lovey dovey cr@p barfing out of the stores. It's like shouting, you have no one to buy me for. :-/ Like this Pepe La Pew stuffed doll I saw in Walmart, I made a joke to my brother, "there's a good gift to give your loved one, it's like saying this is what I think of your love for me, it stinks." :D

Unlike most of you, I am so flippin' used to being alone on Valentine's day after so many, many years, I don't even realize it's here unless I look at my calendar.

I do empathize with all of you that will be lonely or living in horror on that day, because before all these years passed, I did feel pain on that day.

If SOMEONE wouldn't have made a thread about this, maybe I wouldnt have been reminded that the 14th was a holiday. :p

>.> Thanks.

Oh btw everyone should send valentines cards to their family to show them you love them. :)

I'm following Drama queens lead and just pretending it doesn't exist.... I'll do laundry, paint a pretty picture, vacuum and treat it like any other day...orrrrrr, I can come in here and spend it with friends.... either way I will survive!

Ill be joining the club. Wish that holiday wouldnt exist, its a reminder of how lonely Ive always been in my life...

Latest posts

Back