The trouble with Parties

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Fitz said:
Some of the responses here are ridiculous. Some of you must have no idea how you come across. You're coming across as complete twats.
Maul is trying to open up to you, obviously emotionally vulnerable, and you're responding with hostility and condescension for no good reason. Why? What is this? Does it make you feel good about yourselves?

Those who think they're helping just throw a "Get therapy" in the persons face. Blunt as possible, passing the hot potato. This mob mentality, where you all think you've got the facts straight. You're not going to burn Frankinstein. No, you're a humane, civilized little village. You're gonna recommend he go to a mental hospital instead. Just nudge him quietly out the gate, don't let the children see him! Not forgetting to faintly whisper a few sarcastic comments his way as he trudges into the cold, dark night.

Dude, you have no clue.

Maul and I are friendly, and I certainly don't hate him, or think he's crazy. Like I said, it was nothing against him.

Look, I've been in therapy since I was 14. I am Bipolar. I also have been in the mental hospital, as I said in one thread that I made. I have friends, people like me, and I generally like myself (although would like some improvements.)

Therapy has been helpful for me, which is why I recommended it. I am sorry if that goes against your "anti therapy" mantra, but I wasn't just throwing it in there as an instant solution. Therapy takes sweat, blood, and tears. Plenty of tears. It isn't instant.

Dude, don't pull that on me.

My "anti therapy" mantra? Where'd you get that from? Look, I'm not arguing with anyone, ok?

Fitz said:
Some of the responses here are ridiculous. Some of you must have no idea how you come across. You're coming across as complete twats.
Maul is trying to open up to you, obviously emotionally vulnerable, and you're responding with hostility and condescension for no good reason. Why? What is this? Does it make you feel good about yourselves?

Those who think they're helping just throw a "Get therapy" in the persons face. Blunt as possible, passing the hot potato. This mob mentality, where you all think you've got the facts straight. You're not going to burn Frankinstein. No, you're a humane, civilized little village. You're gonna recommend he go to a mental hospital instead. Just nudge him quietly out the gate, don't let the children see him! Not forgetting to faintly whisper a few sarcastic comments his way as he trudges into the cold, dark night.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw it that way, to be slated with such a dismissive tone is downright insulting. And then they wonder why I get pissed and lash out? They are utterly baffled!
It would be funny if it wasn't such a bleak indicator of how people even in the more supposedly accepting areas can still have a sense of elitism, or that they believe they're more qualified at life than you are because they haven't been down the road you have and therefore are more "sane" than you are.

In another note, I feel like I've moved forwards since this point. It was the cherry on top of a huge ice-cream pile of internalized angst that wasn't going anywhere. I built it up and expressed it the only way I knew how, and I don't regret doing it. Nor do I regret anything said here. I am who I am.

Also - I never really care about what other people think too much, I'm more of a narcissist. I think the person who cares the most about me is me, aesthetically and emotionally. And hence I don't attach too much value to the opinion of others, unless it is presented in a welcome and friendly manner or helps teach me new things.

@ TheMaul

I wish there was something that someone could say to make you feel less angst/anger/frustration and more positive.

... But it seems, to me at least, that there is nothing anyone here can say to help you feel better.

Is there something you want from us here on the forum?
Something that, deep inside, would make it better?
If there is, please tell us, and we'll try to accommodate.

Latest posts

Back