The unimportantce of being

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cumulus.james said:
I was fishing to see if there was someone who felt the same rather than for advice.

Others HAVE said they feel the same way and you shot them down because you are "the loneliest person in the world."

Doesn't matter what anyone says to you, because your life trumps everyone else's.

cumulus.james said:
When one comes to a forum called 'A Lonely Life' one hopes to find someone who can identify with how you DO feel. Not people condescending to you about how you OUGHT to feel of you were them. There are shitty self help books a plenty. A connection with someone who understands is what one needs.

Not that condescension isn't a problem here, but I think many people do understand how you feel (even if the situations are not the same as yours). Emotionally speaking, they have stepped in your shoes. You communicate well and seem like someone who's knowledgeable about a handful of topics. I don't think it's over for you at all. You just have to realize a chance to overcome exists. Don't immediately shoot down a suggestion because it doesn't seem applicable at first.

I am worthless. I know it. People automatically notice it. In order for a person to want you to be a part of thier life you must have something to bring to thier life. I have nothing. I am aware I would be a burden to anyone I ever got to know.

cumulus.james said:
I am worthless. I know it. People automatically notice it. In order for a person to want you to be a part of thier life you must have something to bring to thier life. I have nothing. I am aware I would be a burden to anyone I ever got to know.

No, you THINK people automatically notice it because that's the way you feel about YOURSELF.

I know for a fact that MANY people here have tried to get to know you, have tried to help you, but you didn't want help. You have decided that this is your life and you will do NOTHING to change it.

So no, you are a burden to yourself because you make yourself that way. You don't give anyone else a chance to know you. That's on you.

cumulus.james said:
You know I'm not the only person to be noticing this forum appears to be dominated by ignorant mean spirited people who have apparently scarcely known a moment's loneliness in their lives who feel the need to comment on anything and everything no matter how little they understand about it, and to simply make thier mark. Sort of like animals marking thier territory.

Yeah? Who? Where? I'll beat them off with a stick. They won't get near me.

What makes you think that other people here do not know loneliness? How is this something reserved only for you? Only you can understand it and only you can feel it.

I have read previous threads of yours and you do the same thing here as in the other ones. No one has to put you down here because you take care of that yourself. If I cared to do so I can go back and find threads where people tried to help and relate to you but you don't want it. It is easier to point your finger and accuse others of being condescending to you.

cumulus.james said:
If you can't identify with a thread and wish only to patronize/condescend then frankly you need to shutthefuckup.

Maybe so do you.

TheRealCallie said:
cumulus.james said:

No, you THINK people automatically notice it because that's the way you feel about YOURSELF.

I know for a fact that MANY people here have tried to get to know you, have tried to help you, but you didn't want help. You have decided that this is your life and you will do NOTHING to change it.

So no, you are a burden to yourself because you make yourself that way. You don't give anyone else a chance to know you. That's on you.

Since no one has attempted to get to know me how is it you know for a fact they have?

cumulus.james said:
TheRealCallie said:
cumulus.james said:

Since no one has attempted to get to know me how is it you know for a fact they have?

I tried for MONTHS to get to know you and help you. THAT is how I ******* know. Just because you want to live in denial about what goes on here and how many have tried to help you and get to know you, doesn't mean it never happened.

cumulus.james said:

If that's how you truly feel, and it seems as though no one or nothing can change that, what do you want? Every time someone tries to be friendly, you shun them and shut them out. So what is it that you want? Because the common state of relating and talking is something that you clearly don't want.

cumulus.james said:
I just exist. But there is no content to that existence. I am much like Schrodingers unfortunate cat, in a state of quantum superposition. Depression gets the better of me. But there is no me. I am a ghost. A revolting spectre haunting the earth, for the most part invisible, unseen.
Ah, but the reality of the cat is that the cat is either alive or dead, never truly both.
You have yet to realize that you are alive, else you'd not be here to speak of it.

A ghost? I'd say not. You still want and desire, or you'd not have created this topic and said these things.
Ghosts do not want, they do not desire, they just are: forever. They are a remnant of what once was, but you are not that. You are the embodiment of what always has been.

Many people often misunderstand this paradox. Schrodinger was not explaining that superposition exists in reality - not at all! He used the 'cat' as an example to laugh and to mock at the absolute absurdity of the concept of such superposition actually existing in a physical reality. He completely denied such a thing could possibly ever exist!

He was mocking you (no offense).
He mocks you because you're wallowing in the death that has not yet occurred.
So get out of the box. Before the poison kills you.

cumulus.james said:
Einstein said to Bohr if nobody looks at the moon is the moon still there? The implication being that matter does not come into being until it is observed. It is worse than that for a human. The self does not exist unless it is loved. I never will be loved. I never will exist.
Yet, perhaps more than anyone else in the world, both Einstein and Bohr knew that humanity's subjective perspective had no true bearing on reality at all.
That the moon was always truly the moon because it had unseen and unexpected effects on everything else in the universe.

The question you reference I'm sure only related to their arguments about the validity of quantum mechanics. Wherein Einstein argued that reality was not breaking down at the quantum level, that there was an ever-pervading universal force that was currently unknown that explained the link between relativity and quantum phenomena. In this circumstance it would seem Einstein was jesting at the concept that reality was in the current state only because it was perceived, therefore arguing that the moon would not exist if no one ever saw it, due to quantum mechanics implying there is no true state to things unless they are 'realized'.
Einstein might have said this to appeal to Bohr's rationale, because like I said they both knew that things existed despite subjectivity. They both knew there was an underlying reality to the universe. They simply disagreed on how that reality came together.

Now, no matter your beliefs regarding this subject, you are being perceived now and we can observably identify you are real. You do not need to have someone else in your life at this moment, or in the past, for us to know you are alive, and for you to know you are alive.

The moon does not need to be praised or worshiped or glorified as a God or Goddess to glow brightly. It glows brightly because that is what it is, and that is what it will do. It knows itself even when no one is watching.

Quantum superposition is a fact. Thier are plans to put a microbe in this state. I like you. Your smart.

But I would also point out that you cannot know I am real or I you. I might be an algorithm, a turning test or whatever. No doubt facebook, google and the NSA are already up to such trickery as making fake people online to see if anyone can tell and test thier responses.

Christmas coming up. 2 months of the whole of society reminding me I am a loser and alone.

cumulus.james said:
Quantum superposition is a fact. Thier are plans to put a microbe in this state. I like you. Your smart.
Thanks. I try anyway.

But superposition is only a "fact" like wave-particle duality is a "fact". They are real concepts, but the way they are practiced isn't the same way they are theorized.
When we speak of something in a state of superposition, like "quantum computers", this generally only means that relatively speaking the computers are in a state of superposition, but those things are not in fact using quantum mechanics at all. They are merely simulating the superposition relative to the binary-computers that we have now. It's nothing more than simply just being a different type of computer, no true physical superposition is occurring as that of like Schrodinger's cat.

As for your microbe, I don't know what to say. I've not read of anything like that so I'm not familiar with it. I'm sure it's probably roughly the same concept as "quantum computers" though. A relative superposition, but not a 'real' one.

When we speak of superpositioning being 'real' the only level it is actually 'real' (if you can call it that) is at the quantum level. Otherwise everything we know about physics is wrong and we can no longer talk about physics beyond our own planet. Which I honestly hope never happens, because we appear to have made a lot of progress outside of that scope so far. Such a thing would set humanity back about a hundred years or more.

cumulus.james said:
But I would also point out that you cannot know I am real or I you. I might be an algorithm, a turning test or whatever. No doubt facebook, google and the NSA are already up to such trickery as making fake people online to see if anyone can tell and test thier responses.
I can guarantee you that neither Facebook or the NSA are intelligent enough for anything like that, and Google is still working on their cars. ;)

I actually know someone working on a true AI, and have a test build of that myself, but we're talking animal-level intelligence here. And of all the people in the world, I believe he's come farther than anyone else ever has.

So I'm pretty sure that you're as "real" as I am. Of course we may both be nothing more than computer programs in some Matrix-like universe, but I'm not really worried about that. I am what I am. Such a state of existence wouldn't minimalize that for me.

cumulus.james said:
Christmas coming up. 2 months of the whole of society reminding me I am a loser and alone.
I'm sorry you feel that way, but I don't think you should look at it like that.

Buy yourself a Christmas gift, even if its just something small and simple. You can still have one person (yourself) who cares about you, even if no one else does. But you have to allow him to care. He will only think you're a loser if you want him to. So keep your head up. Being alone doesn't have to be all that bad.

And you've still got some time to find others to share the holidays with. And there will be more Holidays to come even if this one doesn't work out for you. Don't pressure yourself. You're not a loser, that's nothing more than a meaningless word. You are what you are, just like the moon. Go shine.

I sit in silence and stare at the walls all day trying to find something remotely interesting on this phone.. I can go months without speaking to anyone. I haven't even been able to do prostitution for about 10 years now so I don't even have that any more.

**** it, then do something!
I don't know what your circumstances are, but there's got to be things you can do besides just stare at the walls. Even if you're not doing things 'with' people, you can still do things 'around' people. And then maybe, who knows, maybe you'll then find someone to talk to. Maybe you'll even be the one to initiate the conversation. If you think you've got nothing left to lose, what are you afraid of?

James,

I gotta tell ya....
In the realm of us Loners, you are in deed the most seemingly unfortunate prize. I say that not to be complimentary.

We all feel as though we are the most loneliest person in the world from time to time and in some cases all the time.
Your depth of your state of seclusion only exists in the manner you decide.

We all have made are choices, we are all who we all are! It is as simple as that.
You can chose to stay true to yourself and find solace in your contentment of living drama free.
Or.... out of desperation accept many fake friends that will likely undoubtedly use you to there ends,
and like a used tissue flush you down the toilet once you have out lived your use to them.

I have said this a many of times throughout the forums....
I would rather live a life of seclusion than to be around fakes and flakes.
Like the rest of us, I want real genuine friendship, and if I can't have it. So be it.

James live your life, be happy whensoever you can! Find hobbies, find contentment in causes you support,
meditate..... DO SOMETHING!!!!
Other than sitting around feeling sorry for yourself, and proffering for others to do the same.

In the end, the good chances we receive in life are only as strong as our willingness to go out and take reasonable social risks.
The key is not caring if it ends badly... simply just move on and TRY AGAIN, and being grateful when it all works out finally in the end.

I offer these words to you as encouragement, I am not here to feel sorry for you.... but rather uplift you into seeing your own self worth!!

Peace!

Despicable Me said:
**** it, then do something!
I don't know what your circumstances are, but there's got to be things you can do besides just stare at the walls. Even if you're not doing things 'with' people, you can still do things 'around' people. And then maybe, who knows, maybe you'll then find someone to talk to. Maybe you'll even be the one to initiate the conversation. If you think you've got nothing left to lose, what are you afraid of?

Economics dear. I dropped out of school at 14 and existed by selling the only thing I had - my body. At 35 the value of my body is in negative territory. No qualifications + no work history + no references = no job. No job = no money. No money = no ability to participate in society. No participation in society = no friends. No friends = no social life. No social life = no partner.

The algebra of my situation is hard to argue with. The output of the function of my existence can only be abject poverty and chronic loneliness.

cumulus.james said:

You are a real piece of work, you know that? But if you are a computer program or something like that you know that already.

cumulus.james said:

Sounds like you got a jump start ahead of everyone else.

cumulus.james said:
Economics dear. I dropped out of school at 14 and existed by selling the only thing I had - my body. At 35 the value of my body is in negative territory. No qualifications + no work history + no references = no job. No job = no money. No money = no ability to participate in society. No participation in society = no friends. No friends = no social life. No social life = no partner.

If you have no money how do you have a phone and internet access? You must live somewhere, have food and cloths of your own. Or doesn't that count?

I think you want to be alone, and that you enjoy making others feel just as sorry as you do.

Yeah I love it. I'm crying myself to sleep right now. Its really amazing having not one other human who cares about you, going to bed and waking up alone every day. Scared to go outside because you are the perfect pathetic loser compared to everyone else. Sometimes going months without talking to anyone. Spending birthdays/christmas alone. Yeah I love it. I really do....

cumulus.james said:
Yeah I love it. I'm crying myself to sleep right now. Its really amazing having not one other human who cares about you, going to bed and waking up alone every day. Scared to go outside because you are the perfect pathetic loser compared to everyone else. Sometimes going months without talking to anyone. Spending birthdays/christmas alone. Yeah I love it. I really do....

You essentially brag about it. Not one time, out of all the time I've ever seen you post - which has been years now - have you ever said much of anything positive. You refuse to see things differently. So the only conclusion I have is that you must like it. You just wallow in it. You can't refuse to come out of your comfort zone and then complain about it. But that's what you do, so you must enjoy it.

To me, James, you are a bunch of 0's and 1's. I only know you from what I've seen on my laptop screen. I don't know if I can solve any of your problems and likewise I doubt you can solve any of my problems. But that doesn't mean I can't commiserate with you and your posts.
I mentioned on another thread that the forum seems to be slower in the summer and more active during the holidays, Valentine's Day and in the dark of winter. I know I'm definitely here more during those times and it's not because the NSA is telling me to. Sometimes a place to vent or just to know that someone is out there listening can make a big difference.

-Teresa

Latest posts

Back