There is nothing

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do you mean by 'something to believe in'? Because, honestly, there really isn't any reason to believe in anything. There isn't any goal or purpose to our lives in the 'grand scheme of things' so why worry about it?... Of course, I am Nihilist so I would probably be of no help to you if you're trying to get out of that mindset. As for me, I say embrace it.

Maybe you are here to make a difference in someones life? Maybe you have or haven't already. Finish you mission soldier. :club:

cumulus.james said:
Nothing matters.

I am struggling to find something to believe in.

cumulus.james said:
there is nothing. Just pain and emptiness.

That seems to be true. I used to believe there was a god, but after years of praying I've learned that there just isn't anything out there.

Anten said:
Maybe you are here to make a difference in someones life? Maybe you have or haven't already. Finish you mission soldier. :club:
Trouble is, it's hard to believe in such a destiny when it has turned a very obvious, cold shoulder. If this is what he is to experience, it certain has made itself painfully unknown.

I don't know if there's a god or not.
Theres been a lot of truamma and dramma in my life recently. I WAS TAUGHT TO BELIEVE ONLY GOD
CAN HELP US WITH THIS THING CALL ALCOHOLISM.

I PRAYED WITH HER WHILE SHE WAS IN THE ER.
I REALLY WANT TO BELIEVE GOD CAN HELP US
AND SAVE US. THE PRAYING WAS HER IDEA.

WELL, THINGS WENT FROM BAD TO WORST.
DIDNT GOD HEAR OUR PRAYERS?
DOSE GOD NOT KNOW WHAT'S IN MY HEART?

I Need a miracle I really do.
This alcoholism honeysuckle is an evil drark force thats killing her
And destroying me.
PAIN..I KNOW WHAT THAT IS.
EMPTINESS...I DONT FEEL THAT AT THE MOMENT.

DEAR SANTA....
PLEASE HELP US

fresia IT
I HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE.
fresia IT... I GOT

Anyway, im suppose to let go of my pains and everthings. So none
of this honeysuckle matters.

Nothing matters is where i need to be.
In nothingness theres peace.

Lonesome Crow said:
I don't know if there's a god or not.
Theres been a lot of truamma and dramma in my life recently. I WAS TAUGHT TO BELIEVE ONLY GOD
CAN HELP US WITH THIS THING CALL ALCOHOLISM.

I PRAYED WITH HER WHILE SHE WAS IN THE ER.
I REALLY WANT TO BELIEVE GOD CAN HELP US
AND SAVE US. THE PRAYING WAS HER IDEA.

WELL, THINGS WENT FROM BAD TO WORST.
DIDNT GOD HEAR OUR PRAYERS?
DOSE GOD NOT KNOW WHAT'S IN MY HEART?

I Need a miracle I really do.
This alcoholism honeysuckle is an evil drark force thats killing her
And destroying me.
PAIN..I KNOW WHAT THAT IS.
EMPTINESS...I DONT FEEL THAT AT THE MOMENT.

DEAR SANTA....
PLEASE HELP US

fresia IT
I HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE.
fresia IT... I GOT

Anyway, im suppose to let go of my pains and everthings. So none
of this honeysuckle matters.

Nothing matters is where i need to be.
In nothingness theres peace.

lol

cumulus.james said:
there is nothing. Just pain and emptiness.

I believe in God, but at the same time I feel pain and emptiness and often wonder what the point of being here is. I think there there is an
underlying reason to life, but that often we find it hard or impossible to perceive it owing to our individual circumstances and to our limited understanding of the universe. I am sorry not to be more helpful, but this is generally what I believe.

You are absolutely right, James. In the long run, there's really no point in anything.

Talk about misery attracting likeminded company.

I’m not going to pretend that I know you James, I’m not going to act like I share your problems nor will I offer you a dismissive "hug" message. Perhaps if you told people what has caused these thoughts then someone could help since cryptic messages are next to impossible to decipher.

Help us to help you. It may give you something to believe in after all.

Lost Drifter said:
Talk about misery attracting likeminded company.

I’m not going to pretend that I know you James, I’m not going to act like I share your problems nor will I offer you a dismissive "hug" message. Perhaps if you told people what has caused these thoughts then someone could help since cryptic messages are next to impossible to decipher.

Help us to help you. It may give you something to believe in after all.

What's wrong with hugs?

Lost Drifter said:
It’s like trying to cure cancer with a band aid.

He's right. Although, a band aid can make the pain go away for a brief moment. I suppose that's better than nothing, until we find a cure for said cancer? ;)

actually cancer is largely a man made thing. Not much in nature gives you cancer besides radon gas, a couple of molds and a couple of viruses. We can therefore say society harms us.

I agree, but fresia it, I may as well try to enjoy my life as much as possible (I've spent the last 3 weeks 100% alone, and the next week too). As long as I have some kind of goal, desire, ambition, whatever...I have something to look forward to or work on. On a side note, maybe not the right forum, but I've watched just about all gruesome death videos on the internet, and one thing that always gets to me is that if these people died, it should be my obligation to continue struggling (also I should be a thankful ************, since things can really be a lot worse). I don't know if that really makes sense, but maybe someone can relate

Speaking of cancer, I'm going to have a cigarette.

It may feel like there is nothing James, but there is always something. We give up on everything way to easy on life. If you get knocked down, get up and try again. It can only make you stronger as a person.

There was a time I gave up because all I do is aim to solve other peoples problems, but i'm clueless with my own. I kinda got selfish in a way. Sometimes it's helpfull to be selfish, but if you have nothing, you might aswel give your all into helping others, and sooner or later you'll find that positive thing you're looking after. You'll find something to believe in.

Just keep at it.

We're all as strong as we think

...I'm a bit confused.

Cancer can come from nothing, just circumstance and a mutation in the body, can it not?

Just like diabetes. 85% of people with Type One Diabetes have no genetic history of it.

Latest posts

Back