This is really upsetting me. I dont know what to use as a title for this either..

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asadguy

Reaction score
Ok, so 13 days before my girlfriend's mom passed away, her mom's brother passed. I have done everything imaginable to comfort her when he died.

The night before her mom passed away, I had to take my girlfriend to her friend Kim's house.

My girlfriend wanted pain pills (which is already bad enough, but her kidneys were hurting and she had nothing to ease the pain). Well, we got to Kim's house, and Kim tried to get my girlfriend to shoot up demerol.

My girlfriend asked if I would get mad if she did. I promptly told her, YES I WILL BE P*SSED OFF!!

She did it anyway. The next day, her mom was brought home from the hospital and we were there with her until she took her last breath.

Here it is a few days later, and I have done everything to comfort her. I have stayed awake for days making sure she is okay.

I came home for a few hours today to check on my family (which my girlfriend seemed upset about me doing, saying "they're okay, I need you!").

I have been as nice as nice can be! Well, in that short period of time I was at home with my family, she went back over to Kim's house.

Needless to say, this upset me. I told her she better not be shooting up demerol again, and she swore she wouldn't. At this time, I told her I would leave her if she did.

Of course, her dad got mad at me because she was crying. He cussed me out and told me that I was not allowed over there at their house anymore. (take in mind, I'm 26, she's 25)...

She keeps texting me asking why I had to disrespect her dad and was I sorry for it, and how could I.. Then she wants to say that I don't love her because of this happening, why couldn't I wait to say something after she was better from losing her mom, and that I don't love her.

I need some help with this.. If anyone can talk to me and just give me some advice, I would very much greatly appreciate it!

Her behaviors sound like those of an addict. The problem doesn't lie within you, but her and she's trying to guilt you. Don't let her do that.

SophiaGrace, thank you for commenting in this situation! :)

I don't really know what to do about this whole situation..
She's never used a needle before either.
She said she is going to quit the pain pills as soon as she can get to the doctor about her kidneys.
It's just that I know her mom wouldn't want her doing something so stupid, so I have tried to intervene.

We have been arguing in the past few minutes via text messages. I even told her dad before he hung up on me that I was sorry for the "disrespect".

I recently stopped smoking pot so I could be a better influence to her, but with Kim being an antagonist, at this rate, I'm gonna be back at it in no time. It's better than popping pills or doing hard drugs, but still its not good for anyone.

I would hate to lose someone I have been with for 6 years now, over something stupid..

"I have stayed awake for days making sure she is okay." Geez. Get some sleep and face this afterwards if you can. Your head can't be on straight if you are sleep deprived like this.

You're right! I need to sleep and then think it all over when I am rested. Doubt it's going to be any better, but it's worth the effort! Thanks SophiaGrace!

From what you've said, it sounds like you've done your part.
She's got problems, some you can help with, some you can not.

Your girlfriend is a drug addict.

I've had family members die before. I have, however, never shot myself up with Demerol because of it.

Urge her to get help. Do this in any way that you can. Do NOT enable her to continue that behavior. Understand that she simply can not stop or she may become violently ill.

She is also using pain pills? Depending on which ones, they may be more addictive than the Demerol. Some of those pain pills are so addictive that discontinuing use can kill you from the withdrawals.

Latest posts

Back