This scared hero

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Asterli

Reaction score
Just something I wrote

This scared hero
By Asterli

I saw you pass my side. The sun was shining on your beautiful face. Both, we turned to look at each other. A smile appeared on both faces.

You invited me to walk through the fields where the barley was ready to be harvested. Our hands touched for the first time. Further on we saw the white horses ran in their meadow showing us their might. As I watched your eyes I could read your thoughts. You liked these creatures but I noticed something else. I saw your graceful and caring soul which enchanted me in that moment. I was stunned because, in this way, I tasted some of your fruit.

We walked further as you pointed to your white castle on a hill. Here we dwelled for days as we explored our worlds until the day I had to say goodbye to embark on my journey. One day I would find my way back to you, I promised you.

In the days of my absence your home was conquered by a dragon who banished you to the lonesome tower of your own house. You cried and your hope faded. You waited for me to come back and to break you free. A hero not afraid to risk his life for the beauty to rescue.

As I arrived, the dragon held me at bay not wanting me to come near. This was his domain now as he had conquered your heart with brutal force. As my heart longed for you I attempted attack after attack. When I thought I was close to victory, the dragon would throw me back. Tired and with courage sunken in my boots, I wept for I had lost you. My heart cowered and scared I turned away. The victorious dragon wounded me deeply and took the one treasure I held. No hero would retraet before the battle was won. Lost and alone I roamed the earth drowned in my own pity.

Latest posts

Back