Thought I'd pop in!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrPositive

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Call me Keen.(short for Keenan) Yeah so I had a standard childhood really, grew up playing football(soccer for you Americans) and was on my way towards becoming a 'big prospect' but when I was 15 I was run over and Fractured my Left Tibia and broke my ankle. I was told the recovery process would take at least a year before I could run around and kick a ball again, that took me into a negative spiral and ultimately wound up in depression for a good 11 months. This made me contemplate suicide as football was all I knew. While I was house-ridden I got into computers in particular the internet. Fast forward a year and 3 months after the accident, on my birthday I made a decision that I will never regret, I chose to dedicate my life to making people happy. Bearing in mind I'm still young at 18 years of age, I left school after taking my GCSE's and have 13 C and above grades. I have a steady job and the best part of my job is that I work alongside customers. When they ask me for something and I get it for them or show them where to get the item, they smile and say thanks, this is what motivates me to live. People still ask me including family, how I feel about coming so close to being a full-time footballer and we joke about it and laugh, but my response every time is, I have the best job in the world, why would I want to be a successful footballer? Just remember this, if life didn't turn out the way you planned, don't worry about it. Turns out there's better things you can do with your time. I went from a 15 year old with suicidal thoughts to a 18 year old with all the happiness in the world!

You are beautiful, I care.
,Keen

Thank you for posting this. Really. Thank you for wanting to share positivity to the world despite all negativity. Thank you for reminding people very especially here that they have some control over their lives and full control on how they take things, good or bad. I wish you more positivity in life and more strength for the challenges and gloomy days. Big hugs :)

swirlturtle said:
Thank you for posting this. Really. Thank you for wanting to share positivity to the world despite all negativity. Thank you for reminding people very especially here that they have some control over their lives and full control on how they take things, good or bad. I wish you more positivity in life and more strength for the challenges and gloomy days. Big hugs :)

Thanks for the reply swirlturtle! You just made me produce a smile! Life is good, life is beautiful. Have a wonderful day!

That's one of a kind intro ;) i'm glad you did pop in and i welcome you to the forum, that spark is definitely necessary in this world and this forum, so hopefully you come often here.

Glad to hear of your positive improvements made. That is quite inspirational. Thanks for sharing that. :)

Latest posts

Back