Time to die?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad you didn't do it. You're a cool guy to talk to, you know, I see it on our conversations in various threads, we always seem to be on the same page.

For what is worth, I would personally miss you. People here need your voice, you've guided a lot of people through their sea of troubles.

Hey james just wanted to say im glad youre okay and you didnt do it. Hope today goes better for you.

jd7 said:
No worries. We all have our moments. It's good when others can talk us down.

Trouble is I might get like it again tonight. It's becoming a regular thing again.

I got a copy of The Conquest of Happiness on my bookshelf. I dare not read it. It's like I don't have permission to be happy.

cumulus.james said:
jd7 said:
No worries. We all have our moments. It's good when others can talk us down.

Trouble is I might get like it again tonight. It's becoming a regular thing again.

I got a copy of The Conquest of Happiness on my bookshelf. I dare not read it. It's like I don't have permission to be happy.

It is like a hall of mirrors. Isn't it? Seemingly, every path leads to nowhere and you stay locked inside. But stick with me on the analogy for a minute, here. Every hall of mirrors has a path out and a path in. Depression is just an illusion we trap ourselves in. How incredibly messed up is that? Life is nothing but subjective perceptions. And perceptions we can control, if we only choose to do so. There comes a sink-or-swim moment in each of our lives when the reality settles in that life is going to bang us up the arse whether we like it or not. At that point, happiness is no longer situational. It is a choice. A particular path. Which leads increasingly to peace if one can only master the art of choosing wisely.

cumulus.james said:
Every now and then I get in this state. I know there is nothing to live for and there never was. So I start thinking of suicide and sometimes I cut myself. Usually enough of an echo of any latent mania comes to mind and I find some hope, but lately that happens less, and increasingly I know it's a lie.

There just is nothing to live for. Nothing. All my life so alone and delusions that things may get better do not work.

I am alone. I always was. There is nothing left. I will die alone soon and no one will care.

Hurt. All day, every day.

There's no point.

Nothing.

I am nothing ok. I really am worthless.
don't die from broken heart. its sad i suggest you to read my post about music i had post about some good songs i dont know if your not into music but at least last try? ill be here for any types of help but first put your earbud and play one of the song then tell me how you feel.

This looks like a passage straight out of one of my journals. I used to cut. I understand how tempting it can be and how relieving it can be too. But yeah, I mean, you should try some psychedelics or something that will help shift your perspective for the better... like... cannabis. ^_^

Frodothelost said:
cumulus.james said:
Every now and then I get in this state. I know there is nothing to live for and there never was. So I start thinking of suicide and sometimes I cut myself. Usually enough of an echo of any latent mania comes to mind and I find some hope, but lately that happens less, and increasingly I know it's a lie.

There just is nothing to live for. Nothing. All my life so alone and delusions that things may get better do not work.

I am alone. I always was. There is nothing left. I will die alone soon and no one will care.

Hurt. All day, every day.

There's no point.

Nothing.

I am nothing ok. I really am worthless.
don't die from broken heart. its sad i suggest you to read my post about music i had post about some good songs i dont know if your not into music but at least last try? ill be here for any types of help but first put your earbud and play one of the song then tell me how you feel.

I used to be really into music, but it does nothing for me now

WE CARE,
look how many people chimed in… and keep in mind, its very scarey to talk to someone who is in that state because you dont want to be the person who says the wrong thing,, and look at how everyone took a chance to help you. That means they give a honeysuckle trust me.

James,

We know you have been through alot. Can you just take some moment and think? talk to yourself.

1) What had happened to you had already happened. You can't change it, you can't turn back time. Its bad memories in the the past and that you can't change. However, you have control of your future. You can create it with beautiful memories. DO YOU KNOW THAT YOUR LIVING AND THINKING ABOUT THE PAST CAUSED YOU TO BE UNABLE TO CREATE A FUTURE? Sometimes memories flashed you back to what happened. You can handle it either way. Either you continue to look at it and pity yourself or you tell yourself you deserved better and strive for a better living.

2) Since it hurts so badly, why do you want to continue in this state? why don't you do something about it? Staying in this state will not change anything, you will just continue to feel worst. Why don't you open yourself up to your community, like join some activities, get to know more friends. Its not as bad as you think, if others can have friends, so can you.

3) Can you please dont commit suicide? (not talking about hell or anything). You have the power to influence the people around you. Think about yourself in coffin (be it by suicide or old age) and someone speaks about you. Do you want them to say "I dont know why he did it, I dont even know him much" or you want them to say " he was a great friend, I will really miss him so much. We go for drinks together etc etc.".It just take one "hi" to be friends.

The world is so big, there is so many people, so many things to do, there are beautiful stuffs all around, you are able bodied, you can do anything you want. But yet...suicide. Isn't it going to be a pity?

There is loneliness and misery is all there is. There are no opportunities for something like me.

cumulus.james said:
There is loneliness and misery is all there is. There are no opportunities for something like me.

It's funny. What happened to me around 14 also effed me up pretty bad. I still struggle with it to this day and often question whether it ruined me as a person. I don't think it did. But we can be our own harshest critics.

jd7 said:
cumulus.james said:

It's funny. What happened to me around 14 also effed me up pretty bad. I still struggle with it to this day and often question whether it ruined me as a person. I don't think it did. But we can be our own harshest critics.

It's not all about my adolescence, that was just what set me down a path of failure, misery, loneliness and poor mental health. It's the absolute lack of any future that keeps me down now. Truly I have nothing to live for.

cumulus.james said:
jd7 said:
cumulus.james said:

It's not all about my adolescence, that was just what set me down a path of failure, misery, loneliness and poor mental health. It's the absolute lack of any future that keeps me down now. Truly I have nothing to live for.

And yet, you have everything to live for. It's easy to forget that the hall of mirrors is an illusion. The Pygmalian Effect is a *****.

jd7 said:
cumulus.james said:
jd7 said:
cumulus.james said:

And yet, you have everything to live for. It's easy to forget that the hall of mirrors is an illusion. The Pygmalian Effect is a *****.

It's poppycock. One needs foundations if one is to build a house. I am the unfortunate he who has no foundations.

cumulus.james said:
jd7 said:
cumulus.james said:
jd7 said:
cumulus.james said:

It's poppycock. One needs foundations if one is to build a house. I am the unfortunate he who has no foundations.

That single word...,'foundation'is so familiar to
me...I used it constantly to try and express to people how I felt

Someone made a post which read..".In life there is always opportunity which is denied us in death" and I feel that's totally true....however bleak things may look there will always be opportunity it's our inability to grasp it that makes our lives seem hopeless

cumulus.james said:
jd7 said:
cumulus.james said:
jd7 said:
cumulus.james said:

No. You have ruins, which are unsuitable as a foundation. You must move. Ruins don't want to let us go because they know none would ever return and choose to dwell there again. They clutch us tightly...

sothatwasmylife said:
cumulus.james said:
jd7 said:
cumulus.james said:
jd7 said:

That single word...,'foundation'is so familiar to
me...I used it constantly to try and express to people how I felt

Someone made a post which read..".In life there is always opportunity which is denied us in death" and I feel that's totally true....however bleak things may look there will always be opportunity it's our inability to grasp it that makes our lives seem hopeless

You are far too optimistic for these forums. I come here to winge and watch other people winging.

cumulus.james said:
You are far too optimistic for these forums. I come here to winge and watch other people winging.

So basically we are all wasting our breath, trying to help you? You are determined to whine, and feed off other people's troubles as well - or so it seems by that comment. *shrugs shoulders*

Latest posts

Back