Time to die?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ringwood said:
cumulus.james said:
You are far too optimistic for these forums. I come here to winge and watch other people winging.

So basically we are all wasting our breath, trying to help you? You are determined to whine, and feed off other people's troubles as well - or so it seems by that comment. *shrugs shoulders*

I can't help I don't mean to be like this. It's why I have no friends, imagine putting up with me (I'm even worse than this in real life).

I feel sure I have that borderline personality thing.

I have an infographic but I don't know how to upload pics to this site - is it very cumbersome?

Here's an attachment about me

Attachments

• tmp_12272-Screenshot_2014-11-18-05-37-01_11845466879.jpg
    tmp_12272-Screenshot_2014-11-18-05-37-01_11845466879.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 211
Labels don't help. I'm sure I peg the meter in a few areas as well...

cumulus.james said:
ringwood said:
cumulus.james said:
You are far too optimistic for these forums. I come here to winge and watch other people winging.

So basically we are all wasting our breath, trying to help you? You are determined to whine, and feed off other people's troubles as well - or so it seems by that comment. *shrugs shoulders*

I can't help I don't mean to be like this. It's why I have no friends, imagine putting up with me (I'm even worse than this in real life).

I feel sure I have that borderline personality thing.

I have an infographic but I don't know how to upload pics to this site - is it very cumbersome?

Here's an attachment about me

cumulus.james said:

This forum is called A Lonely Life, not A Depressed Life, lonely people come here to socialize with people who feel the same way and try to overcome their problems, not amplify them...at least that's the impression I got from all my years here.

I will give James credit. He is courteous enough to contain his negative musings to his own threads. I don't see him patrolling the forum and dumping buckets of negativity on everyone. I think he's entitled to feel like honeysuckle in his own thread.

Seeker_2.0 said:
cumulus.james said:

This forum is called A Lonely Life, not A Depressed Life, lonely people come here to socialize with people who feel the same way and try to overcome their problems, not amplify them...at least that's the impression I got from all my years here.

Surely loneliness becomes a problem when it results in depression. If you are not depressed by your loneliness then you have no problem and need not visit these forums.

I am here because I am lonely and my loneliness causes depression in me.

cumulus.james said:
Seeker_2.0 said:
cumulus.james said:

Surely loneliness becomes a problem when it results in depression. If you are not depressed by your loneliness then you have no problem and need not visit these forums.

I am here because I am lonely and my loneliness causes depression in me.

I understand your point and you are right, except that I am lonely, not depressed (at the moment) and I still feel like I belong here.

cumulus.james said:
If you are not depressed by your loneliness then you have no problem and need not visit these forums.

Be careful not to assume that everyone here is currently suffering. While many might be suffering, others are neither lonely nor depressed, but they stay because they have made friends here.

Case said:
cumulus.james said:
If you are not depressed by your loneliness then you have no problem and need not visit these forums.

Be careful not to assume that everyone here is currently suffering. While many might be suffering, others are neither lonely nor depressed, but they stay because they have made friends here.

I was drunk and (thought) I was being sarcastic.

Triple Bogey said:
I'm high on Schizoid: whatever that means. Everything else low or moderate.

If your high on schizoid then you better make an appointment with a pDoc and get yourself dosed up on the old seroquel lol

Okay, where do I take this test? I already know I'm ******* nuts. I just keep it in check with my intellect and with careful control of my environs.

jd7 said:
Okay, where do I take this test? I already know I'm ******* nuts. I just keep it in check with my intellect and with careful control of my environs.

I can't remember the URL, but there is a site, I think it's called PsychCentral which has a load of quizzes using the same psycometrics as a pDoc would. On there I came out as dangerously bipolar, high OCD, high borderline personality disorder and even autistic.

Reckon there something wrong with psychiatry and the categorizations cos surely I'm not as nuts as all that....

Well, it seems I'm sane...

Disorder Rating Information
Paranoid: Low more info | forum
Schizoid: Low more info | forum
Schizotypal: Low more info | forum
Antisocial: Moderate more info | forum
Borderline: Low more info | forum
Histrionic: Moderate more info | forum
Narcissistic:Moderate more info | forum
Avoidant: Moderate more info | forum
Dependent: Low more info | forum
Obsessive-Compulsive: Moderate more info | forum

Not that I place too much faith in internet quizes!

Ioann said:
Well, it seems I'm sane...

Disorder Rating Information
Paranoid: Low more info | forum
Schizoid: Low more info | forum
Schizotypal: Low more info | forum
Antisocial: Moderate more info | forum
Borderline: Low more info | forum
Histrionic: Moderate more info | forum
Narcissistic:Moderate more info | forum
Avoidant: Moderate more info | forum
Dependent: Low more info | forum
Obsessive-Compulsive: Moderate more info | forum

Not that I place too much faith in internet quizes!

Your not sane, just less mad than the rest of us lol. Those quizzes are based on the same tools and measures psychiatrists use. As a physical science student, I wonder if it's not all a lot of codswollop.

When I had Mindfulness based CBT he refused to get drawn into labels and would only talk about symptoms. The world needs more like him.

According to the test, I score high on Schizotypal....it says symptoms include

Odd or eccentric mannerisms or appearance
Superstitious or preoccupied with paranormal phenomena
Difficult to follow speech patterns
Feelings of anxiety in social situations
Suspiciousness and paranoia
Odd beliefs or magical thinking
Appears shy, aloof, or withdrawn to others

I've bolded the only ones that I think apply to me!

jd7 said:

I gave the link earlier in the thread.

Alma lost her spoon said:

I have most of those traits. Welcome to the club!

What shall you do now that you are perfectly nuts also?

Disorder | Rating

Paranoid | Low
Schizoid | Low
Schizotypal | Low
Antisocial | Moderate
Borderline | Low
Histrionic | Low
Narcissistic | Low
Avoidant | Low
Dependent | Low
Obsessive-Compulsive | Low

Oddly, I don't consider myself antisocial. :p

cumulus.james said:
Case said:
cumulus.james said:

I was drunk and (thought) I was being sarcastic.

Triple Bogey said:
I'm high on Schizoid: whatever that means. Everything else low or moderate.

If your high on schizoid then you better make an appointment with a pDoc and get yourself dosed up on the old seroquel lol

To be honest I think the quiz is a load of bollocks !

cumulus.james said:
Alma lost her spoon said:

I have most of those traits. Welcome to the club!

What shall you do now that you are perfectly nuts also?

I agree with Groucho on being in a club lol

I've been this way as long as I can recall & I'm most groovey

Latest posts

Back