Today at work

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't read to much into it. Maybe she gave you that face because she wanted to talk to you about her horrible day. Just chat her up tomorrow and keep it light and watch her body language.

Anten said:
Don't read to much into it. Maybe she gave you that face because she wanted to talk to you about her horrible day. Just chat her up tomorrow and keep it light and watch her body language.

There were loads of staff and mangers in, milling around so it wasn't that easy to talk. I will try today.

putter65 said:
Anten said:

There were loads of staff and mangers in, milling around so it wasn't that easy to talk. I will try today.

She was worried yesterday because she has financial problems. And she had words with the boss.

I pretty sure Woman A hasn't said anything to her. She was normal towards me. She asked me about the other woman I dated before xmas. It will be tricky asking her. She is a popular member of staff. I think she will be very surprized. Working with her is a problem, as is knowing her for 10 years as a work colleague and nothing more.

I don't know it feels wrong and a big mistake.

That's either just your nerves because of your ex or your gut trying to warn you. The only thing you can do is just go out with her maybe in a group or just for coffee. Someplace neutral where it doesn't seem like a date so you can get to know each other better.

Sci-Fi said:
That's either just your nerves because of your ex or your gut trying to warn you. The only thing you can do is just go out with her maybe in a group or just for coffee. Someplace neutral where it doesn't seem like a date so you can get to know each other better.

In reality asking her out for a meal is no big deal. She sounded down in the dumps today and said she wanted cheering up. It's just the work envoirment, people talking, it's bound to be embarrassing for her if I asked her. I thought of making a bullshit excuse like I had a 2 for 1 meal voucher and had nobody else to ask. I'm not sure that is a good idea though.

Well, if you don't actually have a voucher, yeah that could be a bad idea. But if asking her out for a meal is no big deal then do it! If you can catch her where there aren't a lot of people around to overhear. See if she wants to hang out after, do something fun. There is no harm in just going somewhere as friends. :) For now. :D

Sci-Fi said:
Well, if you don't actually have a voucher, yeah that could be a bad idea. But if asking her out for a meal is no big deal then do it! If you can catch her where there aren't a lot of people around to overhear. See if she wants to hang out after, do something fun. There is no harm in just going somewhere as friends. :) For now. :D

I've just been to cinema by myself and Woman B asked me (via facebook) who I had gone with.

Sci-Fi said:
DUDE! You should have invited her along then.

Another woman asked me on facebook who I had gone with. I think they are thinking I'm back with that 'fake holiday' woman.

I would like to make this a weekly event, going to the cinema. Maybe I will ask her.

putter65 said:
Sci-Fi said:

Another woman asked me on facebook who I had gone with. I think they are thinking I'm back with that 'fake holiday' woman.

I would like to make this a weekly event, going to the cinema. Maybe I will ask her.
Putter, send me the phone number of the place you work and I'll phone her for you when she's on- I'm not kidding!

C'mon brother, ask her to do something- even just an evening stroll. Let her open up to you, the more she tells you about herself the more you have to work with.

Lonely in BC said:
putter65 said:
Sci-Fi said:

Putter, send me the phone number of the place you work and I'll phone her for you when she's on- I'm not kidding!

C'mon brother, ask her to do something- even just an evening stroll. Let her open up to you, the more she tells you about herself the more you have to work with.

She has been rather chatty on facebook today. She is off out with the girls (including Woman A) for a mega piss up knowing them.

It's tricky, she will be shocked and surprized. She won't see it coming. She will be embarrassed as well.

putter65 said:
Lonely in BC said:
putter65 said:
Sci-Fi said:

She has been rather chatty on facebook today. She is off out with the girls (including Woman A) for a mega piss up knowing them.

It's tricky, she will be shocked and surprized. She won't see it coming. She will be embarrassed as well.

I was going to ask her to cinema but judging by her facebook she is still with that old boyfriend of hers.

Can't believe that Woman A would tell me she is single when she clearly isn't.

Anten said:
Maybe they broken it off and he charmed himself back in.

Yes something like that. I thought it was odd, nobody else mentioned it at work. Woman B never said anything. It says on her facebook she is still in a relationship with him. And they are chatting together on there about some night out.

I've had situations like this before and I ended up making myself look like a twat. I think that is why I am relunctant to do anything.

Maybe Woman A thought she was over the guy but it seems she wasn't and you would of been in for a world of hurt if you went for Woman B.

Anten said:
Maybe Woman A thought she was over the guy but it seems she wasn't and you would of been in for a world of hurt if you went for Woman B.

This morning I was feeling quite good, I had this twin thing going on. (This thread and the other one) - I thought at least I am not focusing on one woman. I sent a message on facebook to Woman A which hasn't been answered and a text to the 'fake holiday' woman which hasn't been answered either.

So much for the feel good factor this morning !:)

I don't know what is going on with Woman A. If she answers my text I will ask to cinema next week, nothing to lose. I will make it as casual and off hand as possible.

Just sent her a message via facebook inviting her to the pictures next week. made it as casual as possible. Who cares what she says ? Not the end of the world ! lol !

I read your thread and sorry to barge in here, but are you sure the woman is single? You should ask her about that, she did ask about your ex right?

Good luck

triilsk said:
I read your thread and sorry to barge in here, but are you sure the woman is single? You should ask her about that, she did ask about your ex right?

Good luck

She answered my message but didn't answer the bit about going to cinema. Just went on about the wine and playing golf in the frost. Another woman did the same. Damage limitation wise I haven't done bad, she obviously isn't interested. But no harm has been done I think. No idea if she is single or not.

You learn things, people saying women liking you doesn't mean fresia all usually.

End of story on this I think. She was never my type anyway.

putter65 said:
triilsk said:

Good luck

She answered my message but didn't answer the bit about going to cinema. Just went on about the wine and playing golf in the frost. Another woman did the same. Damage limitation wise I haven't done bad, she obviously isn't interested. But no harm has been done I think. No idea if she is single or not.

You learn things, people saying women liking you doesn't mean fresia all usually.

End of story on this I think. She was never my type anyway.

No, the same thing happened to me the first time I asked a girl out, she just avoided the question (cuase I included something else about my day). Just revert back to the question, and you'll get an answer

Latest posts

Back