Top 20 strangest guitars

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
davechaos said:
And there was me thinking that a guitar had six strings and made a sound lol.

Me also. Would just add the 12 string. Then that dragon shows up with seven strings on it.

JustLost said:
I think ZZ Top used "fuzzy" guitars for awhile. I think they would just make my forearm itch.

Not as disruptive as i would have guessed having the strings in a little groove where they are compressing down the fuzz.

How about Kirk Hammett's ESP wave-caster? It's hollow with some blue liquid inside. It's featured at about the 2:35min mark on this youtube video.

That is pretty nice :)

wavecaster1.jpg

Man, watching that video just makes me drool. Imagine having that many guitars, and a guy who spends all days polishing them

Newmanium said:
How about Kirk Hammett's ESP wave-caster? It's hollow with some blue liquid inside. It's featured at about the 2:35min mark on this youtube video.

That is nice, but I still prefer his ESP M-II with the Boris Karloff mummy graphic on it. He's mentioned in interviews that this is his favorite as well.

I wish he and the rest of the band would finish their latest album so they can start touring in the States again. =]

that is so cool man i want one of those blue liquid guitar, i can't believe they have specific guitars just to smash

All of his guitars are pretty cool. Love the Spider and the Ouija. James Hetfield have pretty cool guitars as well. I love the Ken Lawrence Explorer

jh5.jpg

Custom made for the Alfee's guitar player Takamizawa.

2z4xxds.jpg

f_ANGELGUITARm_9b9052e.jpg

Minus said:
Custom made for the Alfee's guitar player Takamizawa.

Nice. Although I'd be afraid I'd trip and impale myself on it.

I always thought cigar box guitars were interesting. -

300px-

Mainly popular during the Great Depression when few people were able to afford real instruments. If you had a cigar box, a broom handle and some bailing wire you could generally come up with something to play.

There still seems to be some interest in them. -

Cigar Box Guitars

:)

Satyr said:
There still seems to be some interest in them. -

It seems that some never forgot their days of playing a cigar box guitar.

f_bodiddley19m_a720f7f.jpg

dude that braod sword guitar is soo epic man!

looks like it would be kinda hard to play though

Minus said:
It seems that some never forgot their days of playing a cigar box guitar.
That escapes the world of "cigar box guitar" and enters the world of "awesome". :)

This stupid looking thing was built for Mark Kendall of Great White. -
gwjf03.jpg

"You're gonna need a bigger boat." durr... :(

Van Halen logo guitar. -
chrevh80.jpg

I think there's a guitar in there somewhere.

I really don't need to say anything about this. -
prince023.jpg

If you can't come up with a cigar box then there is always the Diddley Bow.

f_DiddleyBow0m_e5ac527.jpg

Minus said:
If you can't come up with a cigar box then there is always the Diddley Bow.

That looks a bit easier to build. I'm guessing with one string I won't be doing anything terribly complicated. :)

guitar8_small.jpg

dragonguitar.jpg

wavecaster1.jpg

I know that one really does look like one of those desktop "wave machines" but the first thing I thought of when I saw it was a lava lamp.:D

2z4xxds.jpg

f_ANGELGUITARm_9b9052e.jpg

These are my favorites. I can't play, but I do love the artwork involved.

This is a bass that a guy in a Trans Am group I belong to did. Not as much work involved, but it was a work of love. ;) He chose the colors to match his car and had the pick guard made to match his dash bezel. He even used radio knobs out of the same kind of car for it.

bluebass.jpg

Latest posts

Back