Trying to love myself

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fvantom

Reaction score
I like who I am, I really do but its so hard to love myself when I dont feel love from others...I really want to be positive, but everything I truly want out of life rarely ever comes my way. I have so little hope left, and I feel like being positive will only hurt me worse in the end.

People are the reflexion of ourselves. It is only when you learn to love yourself that you will be able too see the love others have for you. I know... easy to say , hard to do... well yes, i've worked on loving myself for years, just starting to feel it myself. Just keep at it, and don,t let anyone convince you that you are not worthy of love.... including yourself lol

Loving yourself can be the most difficult thing in the world. Sometimes I think I could win an Olympic medal with less effort.
But liking yourself is a big step towards loving yourself and you said that you like yourself. So maybe one day you will come to love yourself as well.
Why do you think that being positive will hurt you worse in the end? I know that, for me, one reason I am scared to love myself is incase if I do, I might be wrong to do so, and then the let down will be even more painful than not loving myself in the first place.

Tiina63 said:
Loving yourself can be the most difficult thing in the world. Sometimes I think I could win an Olympic medal with less effort.
But liking yourself is a big step towards loving yourself and you said that you like yourself. So maybe one day you will come to love yourself as well.
Why do you think that being positive will hurt you worse in the end? I know that, for me, one reason I am scared to love myself is incase if I do, I might be wrong to do so, and then the let down will be even more painful than not loving myself in the first place.

I say that because Ive been hurt so many times and still am, by thinking positively I feel like Im trying to convince myself that I wont get hurt but sadly that happens to me pretty much everyday.

K...your feelings comes from within side of you.
Other people dont really give you feelings
You dont already have.
They only trigger it.
Maybe.....ALLOW yourself to FEEL you're LOVED ALREADY.

its what i do.
Its suggestions from various
Resources.

Again..your feelings comes from
with inside of you....
Sit down and ponder this simple
Truth.
Its so easy and simple..we over look
This simple truth.
Be awaken to this truth and the light
will shine through.

How will being positive hurt you in the end?

Can't, cause there will always be a "next time".

Feeling love from others will come in time, you have to take care of yourself in the present. I'm going to be blunt; who would want to love or be loved by someone who doesn't even take care of himself, "Hmm, if this person can't even love himself, how can he love me?". This is all relationship-wise and friendship-wise; no-one likes to be around someone who's depressed or doesn't love himself or herself.

Ak5 said:

Feeling love from others will come in time, you have to take care of yourself in the present. I'm going to be blunt; who would want to love or be loved by someone who doesn't even take care of himself, "Hmm, if this person can't even love himself, how can he love me?". This is all relationship-wise and friendship-wise; no-one likes to be around someone who's depressed or doesn't love himself or herself.

AK5- very well said hun!

Loving one's self is a work in progress, daily.
Nobody is harder on me , than myself. so I do know what you mean, I know your pain. trick for 'me' is to always 'think' higher, do better, believe more, know well, and make excuses. You are the key to loving your own self.

Love, -me
xoxo

Ak5 said:

Come on its not like I hate myself, far from it actually, yes, I often place others above myself but thats who I am, I still have respect for myself, and when people take advantage of who I am, I tell them where to stick it, Im not self hating, Im just saying its hard to love yourself when so few others do.

Thanks Princess. :)

Anyway, yeah, you gotta love yourself first, people will pick up your confidence and self-esteem; and they'll like you.

If you are having trouble loving yourself, seek first to understand yourself better. Understanding so often leads to compassion and compassion can lead to love.

It's hard to learn to love one's self. I know that it's difficult for me, especially when I'm not getting much positive affirmation from others. It makes me think, "Is there something wrong with me?". I was told long ago to look in the mirror (daily), and tell myself that I love myself. Did it work? Maybe a little.

Guilt....

Guilt is a trained emotional response.
Get to know yourself.
Observe your FEELINGS when you put
yourself first and foremost.

Observe your internal dialog as you
Put yourself first.
You might tell yourself youre selfish..etc
THIS IS CALL CONDITIONING.
Since you believe and behave in this
For a long time, its automatic.

You are not your feelings
You are not your thoughts
You arr not your beliefs
You are not your behaviors
You are not your morals

You have, thoughts, feelings,beliefs,habits, and morals..etc

Saperate the performance from the
Preformer.

In other words you can change your
beliefs, ideas and behaviors.

Yout beliefs is the cuase.
Performance is the effect.

Get to the root cause...

Observe your FEELINGS..
LET GO OF THE GUILT.
or let it go through you...respond instead
Of reacting to your old ways.

As you go through this process of
Re program yourself there will
Resistance...
Be persistance.
Make a commiment to yourself.
Some said it takes a minimum
Of 21 days to develop new habits.
Your old belifs will creep back in
From time to time.

Doing it oneday at a time is easier
for most people.
Sometime its a half a day at a time.

Develope positve self talk.
Developev a positive attitude for yourself.
Be loving, kind and gentel to yourself.
Have unconditional love for yourself.
Have compsssion for yourself.

Change your thinking change your life.

Ive stopped comparing and competing myself
To other people. Ive also stopped comparing
Myself to that idea I HAD OF WHAT A PERFECT
ME SHOILD BE....ITS A PYSCHOLOGOCAL DEAD
END. I fall way shott of that idea..
It was an error or mistake to believe like that.
Forgive myself and learn from my mistakes.

Ive also madr a list of 100 things about myself.
I read it out loud or i listen to it often.
Its a regramimg process. I hear positive
Message about myself evem if i don't
Listen to the recording. It got ingrained
Into my subconcious mind.

Im still work in progress...
I love myself very much today, though.

Im not going to change myself, it seems like you think that putting others before yourself is somehow wrong but if thats the case, Im happy being wrong because thats who I am and if theres a single thing I actually do love about myself, its that and Ill never change it.

Now Im not saying Im a puppet or a tool for everyone else, I used to be but now I have respect for myself...but Ill never change who I really am.

K, the next time i piss people off...
Can i USE YOU as a human sheild?lol

Youre my hero....

I am pretty sure i am coming to terms with being happy with myself. There is always room for improvement but I generally like myself 90% of the time. I am trying to work on my future now so i don't have many excuses to not go out and date. I just have a horrible luck of finding girls that only like me as a friend.

Latest posts

Back