turning 21

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Im turnin 21 tommorow and looking back on my life it doesnt look so good considering Ive missed out on so much. I wonder if theres any hope 4 me

21 said:
Im turnin 21 tommorow and looking back on my life it doesnt look so good considering Ive missed out on so much. I wonder if theres any hope 4 me

Well 21, there's always hope. What is it that you've missed out on?

Oh my goodness gracious!!!!!!

You have atleast 50 more years to go. There is hope. Believe me. You know why? Cause I said so.I am like much olderrrrr than u. LOL So I like know EVERYTHING lol (yeah, right )

Anyway, 21.
Happy 21.

Well, at the very least you are now allowed to drown your sorrows with alcohol most everywhere in the world... There's hope, though! Now you can ask people if they want to go out for a drink sometime... Who knows, maybe your first day as a 21 year old, you'll meet the alcoholic of your dreams!

Fodderboy said:
Well, at the very least you are now allowed to drown your sorrows with alcohol most everywhere in the world... There's hope, though! Now you can ask people if they want to go out for a drink sometime... Who knows, maybe your first day as a 21 year old, you'll meet the alcoholic of your dreams!

lol, **** Fodder!

There's hope for you lad... or at least I hope so. I mean, I'm only 23! :p

21 said:

Sure there is hope for you. As long as you are still breathing there is hope for you. It can be depressing to look back and think of what you may have missed, still doesn't mean there is no hope.

Happy B day :) Well @ 21 you have all the hope in the world. You have the world at your feet still.

I'm almost 21. I don't want to go out drinking at all really. I despise alcohol. But at least I'll be able to slam some down when I get home so the loneliness will numb out some and I can go to sleep faster.

Guest....Trust me on this, getting drunk does not work. You only wake up to find yourself in the same honeysuckle again. And finding more alcohol just does not cut it as it will make your situation worse. I suggest you cut the alcohol, get into rehab, and maybe with some hope, when you look fresh and smell fresh, you will make new friends. =)

I see it's a while since you turned 21, hopefully you're finding it good so far.
I'm 23 and I've thought the same thing as you, all the stuff I've missed out on, mainly in my teens. However, what I've really "missed out on" is getting drunk, smoking cigarettes, smoking weed, being a ***** to others, party every weekend, breaking people's windows and getting myself killed in a car crash! That's what I really "missed out" on. I'm happy that I said NO to people in many cases when I was in my teens, even though it might have cost me some friendships. There were so many deaths from teens drink driving when I was young, one of them went to my school and another was my god-parents son, those were the ones I knew but there were many I didn't know. So I'm happy I never got involved in ANY of that sh*t. Trust me, being 21 is just fine and you have loads of time to do whatever you want :) Do things that excite you, things you enjoy, things you find fun! And may they all be positive and legal lol :D

Another late post here, i not been around so much but would like to comment.

Hope your 21st went ok, and congrats on making this milestone :)

Just to say i felt the same way, that i'd missed out on so much before i was 21 (im 22 now btw).. and further to what other people have posted .. i dont even drink nor smoke... so i half feel that i missed out some good times there too.

But only 1 year on from turning 21 and things are starting to turn round, and look somewhat more positive.. life does get better .. have hope / faith in life and yourself.. and also dont be afraid to make the effort in making your life better.. think of it like a marathon or a race... if you aint moving forward youre never gonna get anywhere... you dont need to run or sprint .. even just by making little steps at a time you'll get there. -- dont give up .. your life has just begun, enjoy it at your own pace.

All the best - L.Wolf

loketron said:
late post for me too.

come one 21, 21 is like the new 18. thats less than 1/4th of your life youve spent up so far. live it up!!

lol

And I keep telling myself that your 30s is like the new 20s. I got one advantage and that is I actually look moor 23 then 33 :D

Sanal said:
huh.. diggin up the old threads ..??

lol Well that would be Mr Guest if you have a look at the dates. But there nothing wrong with digging up old threads just as long as its relevant and not spam.

Latest posts

Back