Umm judge much

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lonely punckh

Reaction score
So i was at school this morning untill i desided to skip this place, i saw two guys kissing each other. these jokes come around and make fun of them, they deface there GSA posters ( GAY STRAIGHT ALLIANCE) but when the question is asked if they saw to girls kissing they would love it. say that it was hot. how is that right? i mean, come on its 2011. there are gay straight and bi people out there. yes i man straight but i believe that every one needs love:) so many teens die of that people wont except them but i no how it is.

When if comes to teenagers, no offence, but they can be the most cruel, inconsiderate, bunch of jerks on the face of the earth. Society today still has trouble accepting openly gay affection, no mater how much they try to exploit it on television. People will always judge what they don't understand or have trouble accepting it. To some it is unnatural and disgusting. I'll admit it does make me somewhat uncomfortable seeing two guys making out, but I just turn my head. It's their right just like it is for straight people to show affection for each other. Within reason mind you, not like we want to see some guy making out with his girlfriend and groping each other in public either. Keep that in private.

Sci-Fi said:
Within reason mind you, not like we want to see some guy making out with his girlfriend and groping each other in public either. Keep that in private.

Yeah I think in general people don't like having to watch other people going at it. Me and the ex used to get "get a room" all the time just for kissing in public...

blackhole said:
this thread is so gay

:D

with saying things is gay its affencive. say its dumb or something. and thanks for your oppion. but stop using the gay word. also Faggit is one of the most horrible things you can call someone.

Lonely punckh said:
blackhole said:
this thread is so gay

with saying things is gay its affencive. say its dumb or something. and thanks for your oppion. but stop using the gay word. also Faggit is one of the most horrible things you can call someone.

idk, i can think of worse things...

"swill-guzzling two-bit anal-whore"

is certainly worse, no?

I'm fine with them being gay until it gets to the point where they're "checking me out". If they do, then I'm not fine with them being gay.

As long as they don't bother me, I won't bother them. :D

Ak5 said:
I'm fine with them being gay until it gets to the point where they're "checking me out". If they do, then I'm not fine with them being gay.

i don't mind being checked out.

just don't touch me.

blackhole said:
Ak5 said:

i don't mind being checked out.

just don't touch me.

It makes me feel weird and awkward. It's happened to me before, I just, don't like it.

Your title screamed drama (high-school style) to me. Someone told a dirty joke and wrote on a poster? I don't see a big deal here. Obviously these are being done for attention.

I don't think it deserves the kind of energy you're exerting on it.

And yes it is 2011, ten years ago it was 2001 and gays weren't treated as nice back then either.

Are you expecting a 2000 year old prejudice to just disappear overnight?

People hate, it happens. Worse things have happened to a minority group.

blackhole said:
Lonely punckh said:
blackhole said:
this thread is so gay

idk, i can think of worse things...

"swill-guzzling two-bit anal-whore"

is certainly worse, no?

You cum-guzzling gutter slut!

FunkyBuddha said:

And yes it is 2011, ten years ago it was 2001 and gays weren't treated as nice back then either.

People hate, it happens. Worse things have happened to a minority group.

Agreed. I especially agree with...

People hate, it happens. Worse things have happened to a minority.

People hating on 'gays' is not going to just disappear overnight, but in my opinion...things have been getting better.

I'm all for homosexuals to be able to get married and whatnot...but I'm not a fan for them 'getting it on' in public, for that matter I'm not a fan of anyone getting it on in public whether it be two dude, two girls, or a guy and his girlfriend....it's kind of gross :p Kissing, hugging, etc is fine but trying to see who can swallow the other's tongue first...ew lol.

Sterling said:
People hating on 'gays' is not going to just disappear overnight, but in my opinion...things have been getting better.

Yeah you can't force everyone to be super cool about everything. For instance while my parents have no problem per say with gay people they will still talk about them as if they are stuck in a 70s carry on film or something.

Plus whether the use of the word "gay" as "stupid" is offensive or not is debatable. Language changes over time after all "gay" used to only mean happy, carefree or whatever. Personally I'd never use it myself but then I'd never say "chillax" or however you spell it either!

As a straight guy, it is weird thinking of a man checking me out. It has happened though for sure. I find it a compliment, if I am being honest.

It is a shame that homosexual men and women still suffer from prejudice and discrimination around the world, including Westernised industrialised societies, I hope that the gains that they've made since the 1960's will continue.

annik said:
Yeah you can't force everyone to be super cool about everything. For instance while my parents have no problem per say with gay people they will still talk about them as if they are stuck in a 70s carry on film or something.

Plus whether the use of the word "gay" as "stupid" is offensive or not is debatable. Language changes over time after all "gay" used to only mean happy, carefree or whatever. Personally I'd never use it myself but then I'd never say "chillax" or however you spell it either!

I haven't seen a Carry On movie in years! Funny that major stars of the Carry On series such as Kenneth Williams and Charlie Haughtry were homosexuals in Britain during the early 60's when the law wasn't decriminalised until 1967/1968.

I agree with you. I wouldn't refer to someone as 'gay' to describe a negative action, as I would see that as equating negativity to the sexual orientation. Language evolves over time, and nothing is set in stone.

FunkyBuddha said:

being gay was taboo LONG before jesus walked the earth, my friend

(poor jesus, he gets such a bad wrap)

blackhole said:
FunkyBuddha said:

being gay was taboo LONG before jesus walked the earth, my friend

(poor jesus, he gets such a bad wrap)

Should have added a disclaimer explaining I'm not a history major :D. It was a safe estimate and gets my point across. I was in no way blaming Jesus.

And although is was taboo in some societies it was acceptable in others.

double standards ftw. but anyways, for me it would be more of the PDA i wouldn't like regardless if it's male-male, female-female, or male-female. that kind of stuff should be done in private, not for the entire world to see.

annik said:
Sci-Fi said:
Within reason mind you, not like we want to see some guy making out with his girlfriend and groping each other in public either. Keep that in private.

Yeah I think in general people don't like having to watch other people going at it.

This.

I start to feel really down when people are making out or cuddling up near me in public, whether gay, straight or whatever. It's just a nice big underline under the fact that I'm not going to be doing that with anyone I like in the next 15 or so years :rolleyes:

Not that I've ever said "get a room", that just seems like twattish behaviour.

The worst I've done is scowl viciously at this couple who were snogging with ridiculous intensity across the road from me. I was waiting at a train crossing at the time, so I just had to watch these two people fondling each other for about 5 minutes while listening to some song on the radio extoling the virtues of love.

I don't think they noticed my grimace either, which made it hurt more, lol :p

Plus teens in particular are immature, as others have said, and are still discovering their sexuality. Amusingly, half of the guys that acted like absolute homophobic dicks at my secondary school have turned out to be gay in recent years.

Kids are cruel and stupid. It's only in adulthood that we manage to refine that wanton meaness of humanity into fine-tuned instruments of mental agony and anguish. That is to say, these young sociopaths, after they grow up into management, the playground of adult sociopaths. Heh. But still, bigotry and hatred ain't going anywhere anytime soon, and they're omnipresent in all age groups.

We don't have much people checking the tonsils out of their partner around these parts- good, I say. Always get a bit queasy when people start getting intimate in public.

Latest posts

Back