Underestimating

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 188685

sunflower lover
Reaction score
Do people underestimate you?I think and feel that people underestimate me all the time,because of my disability,by them thinking that I just look so dumb and stupid to them.

More or less, people who know me IRL say I underestimate myself and to regimented - especially with the parameters that I set to keep an extremely low profile and out of trouble. (One of the reasons that I have trouble initiating & finding a relationship.)

My boss told me yesterday that I am to hard on myself and need to live a little. And, I said, to him once I am eligible to retire (from my employer next year after reaching the 25 year mark with the same employer), I will let lose a little. Consequences won't matter as much after eligiblity. My long range plan from 30 years decided to do this. Pay the price now and have fun later.

Yeah pretty often, but I think mostly in work. I have one of those faces... used to be known as a "baby face" so I've often been judged on that, or my unserious personality.

Latest posts

Back