Vague discontent

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boreal

Reaction score
Do you ever feel as though everyday life is nice, but not something you could imagine living indefinitely?

Maybe it's just too much fiction, but I often wish I was off doing something more than going to work, taking care of daily matters, having a chat, and relaxing at home. Something more challenging and exciting. Real-life adventures are few, unfortunately, and it's not like there's any uncharted territory I could explore without first obtaining qualifications and going through all the legal paperwork (if there's any left at all).

There's nothing really bad about my life, except that I don't fit in and care about many of the things that are important to other people. I don't know why it bothers me so much sometimes.

Boreal said:
Do you ever feel as though everyday life is nice, but not something you could imagine living indefinitely?

Maybe it's just too much fiction, but I often wish I was off doing something more than going to work, taking care of daily matters, having a chat, and relaxing at home. Something more challenging and exciting. Real-life adventures are few, unfortunately, and it's not like there's any uncharted territory I could explore without first obtaining qualifications and going through all the legal paperwork (if there's any left at all).

There's nothing really bad about my life, except that I don't fit in and care about many of the things that are important to other people. I don't know why it bothers me so much sometimes.

I feel this way a lot. In fact, I feel this way daily. I wish there were some adventures I could go on or something. I realize work is a necessity, I've already wasted too much time trying to argue out of that to no avail. But I know I most likely won't get any stories there, not interesting stories anyway.

Sometimes I wish I could live a life that, if it were a book, would be interesting. I remember reading Anthony Kiedis' autobiography (singer for the Red Hot Chili Peppers) and watching Oliver Stone's The Doors movie, and it looked like they led such interesting lives. I read about real-life adventurers sometimes on wikipedia and think wow, I just wish I had more stories.

Latest posts

Back