Valentines day

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JustALonelyGuy said:
Its not about love. It is and always will be about 'money and profit' for businesses. A material day for material gain. 'Real love' is celebrated 24 hrs, 12 months and 365 days a year.

^^this.. Real love is 24/7/365

I've never been a fan of it myself... as the eternal cynic I've always seen it as a "Hallmark event" (Hallmark = major card company)

Plus, just from a point of taste, I find that the vaaaast majority of valentines day "gifts" are the most tacky, horrendously garish, made-in-china tat one could ever imagine.

A pink love heart holding teddy bear? I'm 26!

Lady X said:
JustALonelyGuy said:
Its not about love. It is and always will be about 'money and profit' for businesses. A material day for material gain. 'Real love' is celebrated 24 hrs, 12 months and 365 days a year.

^^this.. Real love is 24/7/365

I've never been a fan of it myself... as the eternal cynic I've always seen it as a "Hallmark event" (Hallmark = major card company)

Plus, just from a point of taste, I find that the vaaaast majority of valentines day "gifts" are the most tacky, horrendously garish, made-in-china tat one could ever imagine.

A pink love heart holding teddy bear? I'm 26!

This is helpful information should I ever try to woo a 26 year old.
Maybe I should go with a giant rug with erotic printing instead.

Sigma said:

Kinda depends on the decor.... you might wanna go equipped with an erotic wall hanging tapestry instead ;)

Seems like pretty terrible. I wouldn't wait around to appreciate someone I love. And I'd certainly not express my feelings in terms of bunnies and chocolates. Come on.

Lady X said:
Sigma said:

Kinda depends on the decor.... you might wanna go equipped with an erotic wall hanging tapestry instead ;)

Hmm, duly noted.

JustALonelyGuy said:
I used to hate it as much as you Duff, But I simply switch off to it now. Its not about love. It is and always will be about 'money and profit' for businesses. A material day for material gain. 'Real love' is celebrated 24 hrs, 12 months and 365 days a year.

yes i agree. It's just shithole big supermarkets trying to make more profit !

it's very low to send a joke card to somebody !

I think that some folks here had a successful Christmas card exchange. Perhaps some of you should swap addresses for Valentine card exchanges?

To be honest, I couldnt care less about it. Valentine's Day has never been a big thing here in my country, and even if it was, I still agree with everyone that said that its a capitalist holiday.
Plus I don't need no special excuse to eat chocolate :p

Considering Valentine's Day has been here longer than greeting cards or chocolate, I find the sentiments being thrown around here kind of sad.

regardless, valentine's day is now about bunnies, hearts, and chocolates.
so cheesy.

It might be cheesy to some people, but to some of us, it's always been a day we have had to just observe others enjoying. We might wish we could share a bit of that cheesy romance, buy the stock standard Hallmark card, the expensive roses ... but most of all, just have someone to share it with.

I've never really celebrated Valentines Day. It's always came across as another big money making scheme and nothing more. I did do something back in 2011. I bought my Girlfriend at the time a card and I think I gave her some money. Otherwise most Valentines Days have been fairly uneventful.

Ugh I've never had a good Valentines Day - not one. All it's good for is feeding my chocolate addiction.

Unfortunately I've never gotten to experience a valentines day with a girl (yet) haha. Its not that big of a deal over here in Oslo really or Norway in general, however yeah stores do get packed with the same honeysuckle as they do over in the UK.

Actually maybe I will ask a girl out or at least do something nice to her. It's a girl who definitely used to be into me, and may still be, however I kind of turned her down a couple of weeks ago which made her think I'm not the slightest interested. Truth is I dont even know if I like her or not... Have you people got any suggestions on what I can do to flatter her a bit? Don't know if I've got the guts to ask her out, and I think it would throw her the wrong idea as well...

This will be my fifth year without a Valentine :( I know it's stupid, corny, and even when I had boyfriends I would think, ewwww, valentine's day: but then we still ate chocolate and had sex. This year, I will still have chocolate and sex, just by myself. Hopefully I'll spend some of it (the day, not the chocolate) with friends, so that should make it easier.

Valentines never really effected my loneliness. Thankfully I can shrug off the shops being full of pink and red tat! :rolleyes:

My feelings haven't really changed now I'm in a relationship. I'm not expecting anything and won't be in the least bit bothered if we don't celebrate it. Plus my birthday is only 10 days before so thats more important to me.

Anyway I always thought it was a day for revealing your feelings not for people to stress out and feel forced into romance and gift giving with their partner. If you don't do it the rest of the year why do it that one day?

Fake.

Latest posts

Back