Very lonely right now

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

skye1982

Hello,

I'm new and I'm really very lonely at the moment, I don't know who else to talk to so I thought I'd post how I'm feeling. I hope that's OK.

I've always found it really hard to make friends, I'm shy and usually pretty nervous around people. I can't remember having any friends in primary school, and I certainly didn't have any secondary school... quite the opposite in fact. In college I made quite a few friends, and they were really good friends then when I left to go to university, I lost contact with them all :(

I'm in my second year at university now and in that time I've made one friend... I think. We talk quite a bit but I kinda get the feeling he's not that interested in talking with me. I've emailed him a few times over the Christmas holidays and never got a reply. So I'm a bit unsure whether or not I've got a friend there.

I feel so lonely and whenever I think about the couple of friends I had in college, it destroys me. I wish I could turn back time and be in college again, they were some good times. I feel so sad, the pain inside hurts so much.

I'm sorry for the long winded post. I just needed to tell someone, anyone, how I'm feeling. It feels like I'm totally empty inside. When I feel sad my chest really hurts as if something is clutching it and won't let go. I don't know what to do with myself. I'm trying to take up photography as a hobby to take my mind off things, but I'm desperate to have a friend. Just one friend.

I'm sorry for the long winded post. I just needed to tell someone, anyone, how I'm feeling. It feels like I'm totally empty inside. When I feel sad my chest really hurts as if something is clutching it and won't let go. I don't know what to do with myself. I'm trying to take up photography as a hobby to take my mind off things, but I'm desperate to have a friend. Just one friend.

Its what were here for. :D

Is there any way to get back in touch with your old col buddies? AIM, MSN, email, phone, etc?

Thank you! :)

I've tried phoning one of them but there's never a response. I know she was moving to London so she might have changed her contact details. My other friend is never around on MSN or replies to emails and I didn't get his phone number, we were just like buddies in class... we never got together and did anything outside of college. But just having them in class to talk to made a huge difference!

Dear lonely one,you sound like you are young......in collage are there are different clubs and activities to go to??????don't worry you will meet some friends ..don't give up....I know its hurts when yoour heart is aching so bad,take comfort, you precious soul......we all feel your pain........

Hello Skye1982!
We're here to meet each other! I think that you might get connected with other ppl in some way: try to join an association, or even a group of ppl which share a common interest. It's the easiest way to make new friends, I think. Btw, do you attend lectures? maybe you might try to make new friends just sitting by another person everyday and trying to start a conversation. Oh, and don't forget to let us know about how's things working, of course!;)

Thank you all for the very warm welcome and for taking the time to listen to me. I think last night I was just on a bit of a downer. I feel better today, not as upset but I know inside I still have this problem and it won't go away on its own.

Thank you for the advice :) I was looking at joining a photography club near where I live. I've never joined a club before and photography is something I think I'd really enjoy. I'll keep looking for some clubs near where I live and hopefully I can meet people like you suggested.

Unfortunately I'm a very shy person, I find it difficult to talk to people who I don't know very well... unless it's over the Internet or something. So sitting next to someone and striking up a conversation might be a little too much for me, but I will give it a try.

Thank you all very much!

skye1982 said:
Unfortunately I'm a very shy person, I find it difficult to talk to people who I don't know very well... unless it's over the Internet or something. So sitting next to someone and striking up a conversation might be a little too much for me, but I will give it a try.

Thank you all very much!

I think that if someone will see u everyday, most probably they might talk to u unless u do it before. I say that out of my experience.. I wish u good luck anyway!
;)

Latest posts

Back