Visual Novels!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QuietForte

Reaction score
Any fans of visual novels out there that would like to converse about your favorites? Alternatively, anyone who is interested in visual novels and would like a suggestion based on their interests? I'll try to help the best I can. :D

If you have never played one before and would like to try one, I have three suggestions off the bat:

Ever17: One for the sci-fi fans that will leave you guessing at every turn and throw you into one of the biggest loops I have ever experienced in any form of story telling. Mild blood and violence warning.

Clannad: This is a famous one, and it's one that pulls at your heartstrings. A classic romance visual novel, excluding the sexual content that visual novels are sometimes infamous for.

Steins;Gate: What would happen if you could send messages to the past? This fantasy is explored in a sci-fi thriller for the ages and one of the finest examples of a visual novel ever. It, along with Clannad, has also been made into an anime, if you would prefer.

You can find all the information on these games, and more, at this handy resource:

http://vndb.org/

Anyone interested / would like to discuss? :D

I think the closest thing I've played to a visual novel is Corpse Party, but you can move around and solve puzzles, so that might be considered an adventure game.

I did really enjoy the creepy story though. Can you recommend any good horror visual novels?

Locke said:
I think the closest thing I've played to a visual novel is Corpse Party, but you can move around and solve puzzles, so that might be considered an adventure game.

I did really enjoy the creepy story though. Can you recommend any good horror visual novels?

Try Saya No Uta, if you've got a strong stomach.

I'm not much into the 'pure' visual novels, but I do enjoy visual novel/puzzle hybrids like 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors, Virtue's Last Reward, Hotel Dusk and Last Window.

I enjoyed 999 so much that I renamed my Xbox Live and Steam accounts in it's honour...

Sigma said:
Locke said:

Try Saya No Uta, if you've got a strong stomach.

I watched some of it on a Let's Play last night, just to see if my stomach is strong enough. Parts of it were kind of gross, but the story has me hooked now. Its like a train wreck.....I just can't look away. I'll have to put on the maybe list, and see if I still want to finish it a couple of days from now.

LOCKE: Corpse Party is fantastic. All I have to say about that, haha.

If you're looking for some horror, I would recommend Higurashi, which has since been made into an anime that I don't particularly like, which is odd given my love for anime. It requires a bit of a stomach as well, especially as to cruel and / or sadistic things, but it comes with the genre of horror, methinks. If you're looking for a murder mystery that keeps you guessing until the end, I'd recommend that without a second thought.

I can also back up the recommendation for Saya No Uta. :D

CAVEY: 999 is wonderful as well. The whole sinking ship theme brings back one of my original suggestions - maybe check out or read a synopsis of Ever17, I think you'd quite enjoy it. It takes place in an underwater theme park that undergoes an accident.

Latest posts

Back