walls

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
ive been hurt by a few guys but for some reason that hasnt put me off of the idea that i can find a guy who really loves me...but during all those years of hurt ive put up these...walls. i wonder, when will i find a guy who wants/ cares enough to break through those walls? ive been through so much and im willing to try again..but im scared out of my mind...

I think it's natural to protect yourself and put up those walls if you've had bad experiences, but it's good that you are still open to the possibilities that may lie ahead.

Hopefully what you can take from that is that you are a little wiser and maybe more cautious so you will better recognise the right person and avoid someone who might hurt you again.

I really hope you find that person! :)

Promises were declared by someone, who "loves" me, but she admitted she had been putting up walls - being more involved in her work, spare time projects, and all of that. She told me she'd be willing to break them down, she hadn't always been like that. I really tried, put in two years worth of being there, offering support, and giving unconditional love, even when she would disappear for months at a time. An apology notwithstanding (lying about another guy she was involved with)
She may have broken down a few walls with apologizing, and promises of a future that she said she wanted, but it only took a month or so for me to see it was nothing but another lie.
I'm not breaking down walls to get to someone ever again. I really feel like just checking out from life in general. I'm too tired, and beaten.

Dont give up!! Theres someone out there! Breaking down walls is a part of getting to know one another. the one who is meant for you could have walls but it doesnt mean you shouldnt try! Walls are put up for the people who want to break them. I believe that if somone has put up a wall its meant to be broken by the right person.
ABrokenMan said:
Promises were declared by someone, who "loves" me, but she admitted she had been putting up walls - being more involved in her work, spare time projects, and all of that. She told me she'd be willing to break them down, she hadn't always been like that. I really tried, put in two years worth of being there, offering support, and giving unconditional love, even when she would disappear for months at a time. An apology notwithstanding (lying about another guy she was involved with)
She may have broken down a few walls with apologizing, and promises of a future that she said she wanted, but it only took a month or so for me to see it was nothing but another lie.
I'm not breaking down walls to get to someone ever again. I really feel like just checking out from life in general. I'm too tired, and beaten.

happinessforever said:
ive been hurt by a few guys but for some reason that hasnt put me off of the idea that i can find a guy who really loves me...but during all those years of hurt ive put up these...walls. i wonder, when will i find a guy who wants/ cares enough to break through those walls? ive been through so much and im willing to try again..but im scared out of my mind...

I seriously never could express how I could feel about relationships, but this is it! Thanks, for giving me an epiphany!

Anyways, yes I have walls. I have be cheated on, lied too, and even had to get a restraining order on an ex-boyfriend. I am so exhausted from bad relationships that I have found I am so happy alone. But yet, I am still on dating sites looking for someone to catch my eye. I am so guarded now that I think I am being too picky. I don't know what to do. Just keep living life I guess.

you are a girl, eventually some guy will come to his senses and try his hardest efforts to break through your wall.

as a guy, on the other hand, I have gotten hurt so many times I have also put up a wall, now, what kind of girl would try and break through MY wall? highly doubt any will ever break through my wall.

Trust me eventually there will be someone. I was dumped after the guy I was with moved out... Out of our place we moved into not even 2 weeks beforehand. And that was out of town. He left me at the doorstep of my brother's house... My brother wasn't even home, my parents were not home... And I really did feel what true cold empty loneliness was. Because I couldn't tell him what was wrong... He left. And you know what? I never built those walls faster in my life. Anyone showed "interest" in me, I wanted nothing to do with them. Many things reminded me of him. Happy memories would trigger the sad ones.

But I did find someone who did break those walls. There are still some walls up, but he's working on it. He saw right away that I was blocking everything and everyone off, and he took his time to make it so that he could be let in. And you know what? Despite the doubt, worry, etc... That came with the past relationship(s)... There really isn't anyone better for me.

SighX99 said:
you are a girl, eventually some guy will come to his senses and try his hardest efforts to break through your wall.

as a guy, on the other hand, I have gotten hurt so many times I have also put up a wall, now, what kind of girl would try and break through MY wall? highly doubt any will ever break through my wall.

Agree 100%
I've always been a person who takes the high road - it is full of potholes, divots and sinkholes.

SighX99 said:

don't worry, guys hardly ever make an effort to break through a wall, even if one is a girl (unless it's some particularly pretty girl)

Latest posts

Back