wanting to die first thing in the morning

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peaches

Reaction score
sorry about the rant, it's just when you wake up, open one eye and started crying you know there is something really wrong.
It's just that I can't get over to what happened with this person who I thought was a friend: for almost a year he looked for me, usually at night, to talk, personal talks, and to go out, although we are kind of different, and I was wondering if it was really the case that we are friends because: I live on books and he hates reading, I am supersensitive and have an intense spiritual life and he hates all things spiritual, I care about beautiful things and he only cares about numbers, anyway I thought he was sensitive enough, and a special person, and that we could be friends in spite of the differences (I did have friends who were different). Instead, like a couple of months ago he writes this really weird chat saying he thinks I am flirting with him, that is very weird because he is really not my type and he is like 10 years younger, and then I tell him that is not the case, and then I never heard from him again. He searched me a couple times to go out, one i couldn't and another one he canceled on the last minute (he had done that once before), and then didn't even send me greetings for my birthday, but wrote the day after (still no greetings) wanting to go out (I declined). Then we met at a common acquaintance's place and I discovered that he had a girlfriend, and also he was laughing like an idiot to all that I said and I was thinking "if you think I am so funny why don't you send me birthday greetings?"

He hates a lot of people, so I thought it was a matter of time before he hated me as well, but now I feel really bad, either because maybe I still have really bad taste in people, I thought he was harmless and a good person instead he is just a dick, or because maybe I just bring out the worst in people. This thought just kills me. I wish someone told me to my face: you are too clingy or you are too distant, or you smell, or you are boring and conceited, so that I could understand why these things happen.
Now I try to be really more careful before trusting someone because I know I get really hurt if it turns out badly, so for a long time I don't expect anything and just wait to see if the other seems to really care for me, because i know my friendship is a precious thing and once they have it it's forever, so I shouldn't give it to a-oles. This time I think I made a mistake. I wish I could ask that person what happened, but I suspect someone who acts like this is just very superficial and doesn't give a ****, and I d like to spare myself the extra humiliation. Still, I am puzzled and very very hurt. Boo-hooo, I hate crying in the morning, it feels so unnatural.

but I suspect someone who acts like this is just very superficial and doesn't give a ****,
I think you hit on it right there: this guy sounds very immature, and you said he's 10 years younger, so that makes sense.

It sounds like maybe he wanted to be more than friends, and then when you indicated that he wasn't your type, he had a tantrum and left. Another case of romance getting in the way of friendship.

Still though, he was your friend, and I don't want to bash someone I don't know. It sounds like he might mellow with time, and then maybe you can rebuild things. So you probably shouldn't die--you'd miss that chance. On the other hand, sometimes crying makes you feel better, so feel free to cry if you need to.

If A guys married or has a girlfriend he shouldn't be confiding in another girl. If he thought as much of you as you did him, he would have probably mentioned that. I know your sad, sounds like you enjoyed his conversations, and company. That said what do you really lose with somebody like that?

Don't wake up crying about a guy when he never wakes up thinking about you. Get up, have a cup of coffee, go for a nice run, and know you're a good person. You can only control how you acted, which seems to be pretty decent.

Have a good day. Go browns!

The solution is not to withdraw but to focus on extending your social network.

He sounds like a ******.
Try not to extend his douchiness to the rest of humanity. I mean, after I deal with a jerk, I also have a tendency to make it all about me: "why do I attract these people? I must be crappy and therefore attracts crap cuz crap loves company," but that's just my scapegoat-complex, which is activated by certain people who remind me, consciously or unconsciously, of my family. That's also very codepdendent behaviour: nothing that you do creates ******. He was a ****** before you arrived. You did not bring out the ******. Nothing you can do can stop the ******. Just leave the ****** alone!!!

Sounds like a case of someone who gets a new shiney significant other and then they drop everything as the world now revolves around that other person. Sometimes people do it by accident without realizing they aren't paying attention to the others who were with them before that. Once someone starts licking your ear, they have a tendency to get top priority without you knowing it.

Peaches I know how disconcerting this can be but I really think you already have a lot of knowledge why it's not working. In your own letter you speak of your differences, his ability to hate and possibly turn on people, his inability to be honest and his possible ridicule. Don't blame yourself too much...just learn. You are an open hearted and probably sweet person. Sweet people often don't use their street smarts when it comes to others because you assume others are like you, when they are not. Just learn and be more discerning with others.

would be easyer if people would just tel you what the problem was.
but i dont think there are many people that can handle that.
everybody is a little screwed up, confronting them on that when they are trying hard to pretend theyre perfect or "normal" is gonne feel like you`re attacking them or blaming them for something.
but yeah it would really be helpfull to everyone if we would just say something, carefully and nicely though.

dont blame yourself to much.
sounds like he`s got just as many problems as you think you have.
hes an ass, or at least acting like one.
even if anything that happened had anything to do with you, or was in any way your fault.
he is still to blame for handeling it the way he did.

but i dont think you did anything.
hes got problems, you just got caught up in them.

Latest posts

Back