Wasted my life, midlife crisis and still lost

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dessa has the right idea. :D
And I also agree with Soph

As to Kenny, no honeysuckle? AA is for alcoholics. I believe yesm SAID that and if you read it, you would know it was using it as an analogy to what you are doing HERE.

As far as the OP goes (and please correct me if I'm wrong. this applies to Thrasy ONLY), it sounds to me like he may have some sort of social disorder, which in itself can be rather debilitating. He feels like he can't accomplish anything and that stops him from trying. And if that IS the case, then it is ALL about loneliness.
I know that feeling very well. I've lived with that feeling most of my life. No, I don't live with my parents anymore, but I did live with my husband who "took care of me." I haven't had a job in 10 years. I never made it to college. I had to sit there and listen to my husband get drunk and tell me how worthless I was and blah blah blah. After awhile, you start believing it and stop trying. So really, how is my situation any better than Thrays? I don't have a job. I'm looking, but I can't find one because of the **** recession.

@ Elgin....Working 3 jobs doesn't make you a superstar either, so stop acting like you know everything and are better than others. How is it that you can work 3 jobs and still have time to put people down on a forum full of lonely people? Shouldn't you be like working or cleaning or cooking or something. I had 3 jobs in high school and I sure as hell didn't have time to do anything else.

Callie said:
As to Kenny, no honeysuckle? AA is for alcoholics. I believe yesm SAID that and if you read it, you would know it was using it as an analogy to what you are doing HERE.

Really? I had never heard of an analogy before. Thanks for clearing that up.

* Silence, or the sound of one hand clapping, you pick *

I was illustrating that his analogy was inapplicable in this circumstance. Der.

I think that analogy works well here, cuz it's something that others understand, it is a well known situation.

Oh yes, I also wanted to add. Thrays assumption of "westerners" and alcohol really isn't all that far off. Hell, Americans always find excuses and reasons to drink. Take Cinco De Mayo for example, that has NOTHING to do with America, yet we celebrate it so we have a reason to drink, I could understand if Mexicans were the ones celebrating, but that is largely not the case. As far as the other "drinking" holidays go, most of the population does not celebrate the MEANING for the holiday, but rather as a chance to get drunk and be stupid.

Hell, the ONLY think to do in my area is go to bars and get drunk. I have many times been called BORING and DULL because I don't drink.

And to add a disclaimer, cuz I've had issues with this before... I am in NO way racist.

Callie said:
Dessa has the right idea. :D
And I also agree with Soph

As far as the OP goes (and please correct me if I'm wrong. this applies to Thrasy ONLY), it sounds to me like he may have some sort of social disorder, which in itself can be rather debilitating. He feels like he can't accomplish anything and that stops him from trying. And if that IS the case, then it is ALL about loneliness.
I know that feeling very well. I've lived with that feeling most of my life. No, I don't live with my parents anymore, but I did live with my husband who "took care of me." I haven't had a job in 10 years. I never made it to college. I had to sit there and listen to my husband get drunk and tell me how worthless I was and blah blah blah. After awhile, you start believing it and stop trying. So really, how is my situation any better than Thrays? I don't have a job. I'm looking, but I can't find one because of the **** recession.

@ Elgin....Working 3 jobs doesn't make you a superstar either, so stop acting like you know everything and are better than others. How is it that you can work 3 jobs and still have time to put people down on a forum full of lonely people? Shouldn't you be like working or cleaning or cooking or something. I had 3 jobs in high school and I sure as hell didn't have time to do anything else.

The OP is the one who came in bitching about"low paying jobs" and sounded like HE is too good for them. He even bashes his own friend for working. I only used my own situation as an example of how you can be functional and independent. You guys want to wipe his nose and pat him on the back, have at it. I never said I was a superstar so that must be how you see me. I never said I knew it all either, another piece of YOUR thinking.

You are right with one thing, I do have better things to do then sit here and read bullshit like this. His life is screwed because he's lazy and You hate on people and make up honeysuckle about them because they've figured out how to live and are ok with it. lol . Good luck finding a job with that attitude. If you attack everyone who you see doing better than you, no wonder the ex drank. I'm outta here. If you think drowning eachother in sympathy and picking fights with anybody trying to offer some decent advice is your ticket to happy times then go for it. I can say one thing, reading in here makes me feel a lot better about being me.

Out of my entire social circle including: my parents, my siblings, my children, my friends and acquaintances, virtually none of us drink and even more rarely to excess. All of our holidays are about family, not about consumerism. Also I've never told a girl she was boring because she didn't drink, as a matter of fact, I divorced my ex because she went out to the bar to get drunk AGAIN after I told her not to. Maybe you just know the wrong people.

You jump on other people when they generalize, yet you applaud him here and openly engage in it yourself.

If you have to finish your post with "I am in NO way racist", the chances are that you know there is a ring of prejudice to what you just typed. Similar to when people say "No offense, but..." right before they say something offensive.

Elgin said:
You are right with one thing, I do have better things to do then sit here and read bullshit like this. His life is screwed because he's lazy and You hate on people and make up honeysuckle about them because they've figured out how to live and are ok with it. lol . Good luck finding a job with that attitude. If you attack everyone who you see doing better than you, no wonder the ex drank. I'm outta here. If you think drowning eachother in sympathy and picking fights with anybody trying to offer some decent advice is your ticket to happy times then go for it. I can say one thing, reading in here makes me feel a lot better about being me.
Elgin! NO! Don't go! Give me a hug and stay! :(

Kenny said:
Out of my entire social circle including: my parents, my siblings, my children, my friends and acquaintances, virtually none of us drink and even more rarely to excess. All of our holidays are about family, not about consumerism. Also I've never told a girl she was boring because she didn't drink, as a matter of fact, I divorced my ex because she went out to the bar to get drunk AGAIN after I told her not to. Maybe you just know the wrong people.

You jump on other people when they generalize, yet you applaud him here and openly engage in it yourself.

You see the same thing I do. It's not worth the time to try and talk to them. It's why they have shitty lives and we are getting by and doing it under our own power. They LIKE what they are and thats why they defend it and each other, like dogs with bones. Good luck in what your looking for ken, you sound like a decent dude.

Ya know what. Instead of getting myself banned in here by replying to you both, I'm just gonna say go fresia yourself to both of you. You're both messed in the head.

Oh and to the mods.... If this crosses a line, please feel free to edit or delete it.

Callie said:
Ya know what. Instead of getting myself banned in here by replying to you both, I'm just gonna say go fresia yourself to both of you. You're both messed in the head.

You just did reply.

Obscenity is the last bastion of a weak intellect.

Callie said:

Oh and to the mods.... If this crosses a line, please feel free to edit or delete it.

Too late. Already quoted.

Kenny said:

If you have to finish your post with "I am in NO way racist", the chances are that you know there is a ring of prejudice to what you just typed. Similar to when people say "No offense, but..." right before they say something offensive.

Elgin said:
Elgin! NO! Don't go! Give me a hug and stay! :(

I'll give you a hug and I'll be around reading now and then but crazy honeysuckle like this just makes me realize how screwed up some people are. I can't help them because they don't want to help themselves. They'd rather attack ME for doing the best I can. I say leave them to each other with a new box of tissues.

Mods can edit ANYTHING, even quotes. And by reply to you, I meant actually address the issues you stated. Get a **** clue, honey.

Callie said:
Mods can edit ANYTHING, even quotes. And by reply to you, I meant actually address the issues you stated. Get a **** clue, honey.

I am aware that mods can edit anything. I've worked with, administered, and even written bulletin board software for over a decade. I currently webmaster over fifty websites as a hobby. My point was that YOU can't edit my quote. Get a clue, sweetie.

Now I am walking away from this topic because it is clear that you want this to devolve into a verbal fistfight so we can both be sent to the "corner" for a timeout to take the focus off of the fool you've made of yourself here. Later.

Callie said:

Who's F'ed in the head???? Who had to make up words and thoughts for me I never said? YOU went on pit bull mode with ME, not the other way around. I told the dude he was lazy, you're the one gettin all crazed. Who went off on some psycho tangent and had to start slinging words that might get YOU banned? Now chick, back up a little and r...e...a...l...l...y THINK about who might have the head problems here????
I'm not even mad. This is really getting funnier by the post. Take a deep breath and freakin chill. It's words on a screen between people that don't even know each other.

Just drop it Elgin and leave my callie alone (un) I WILL FIGHT YOUUUUUUUUU

First off, if this thread can't remain friendly, it will be closed.

Second, Elgin, just because you put yourself out on a limb and work multiple jobs doesn't mean that it's what everyone else is supposed to do. I applaud your hard work and the fact that you don't think you're above doing any job, no matter how small it is. Imo, people should be like that sometimes. However, some people don't agree with what they believe to be settling for a mediocre job. I'm actually one of them. I want to be a designer. I want to explore my knack for it. But, I will be doing a thankless job as a nurse soon. It's not always black and white, then cut and paste. People are more detailed than that.

And Kenny, if you feel the need to be a smartass to people, just ignore them. I don't know what this new found attitude is, but it doesn't suit you.

VanillaCreme said:
And Kenny, if you feel the need to be a smartass to people, just ignore them. I don't know what this new found attitude is, but it doesn't suit you.

What? So now it's against the rules to be a smartass to someone who tells you to "fresia off and go fresia yourself?"

but it's not against the rules to tell someone to "fresia off and go fresia yourself"?

Are you serious?

I'm not the one who blew up and started going crazy in this thread. Matter of fact all I did was respond to Callie's insanity in an intellectually-superior way.

Is being smarter a bannable offense too?

You can't even "attempt" to fake your objectivity here can you?

I've seen you be a constant smartass in other threads, and in the shoutbox. Don't pretend to be innocent.

Now, continue on with the midlife crisis.

VanillaCreme said:
I've seen you be a constant smartass in other threads, and in the shoutbox. Don't pretend to be innocent.

Now, continue on with the midlife crisis.

Ok, VanillaCreme, I will try to be intellectually superior in a much nicer and subdued way. Lemme blink. OK, done. Sorry to have been too feisty.

After going through this thread. I feel like Elgin took personal offense to what the OP was saying and that is what derailed the thread. He used the claim that he was trying to be truthful and get a message across. But everything he said came across as I am better then you even though you think what I do is worthless and beneath you. Even though you don't necessarily like where your life is.

Elgin if you truly believe what you said was helpful I think you should read what you said and think about how depression affects a person. Your consistent attempt to try and validate your life when no one here was personally attacking it. Seemed very odd to me.

Kenny being thrown out at the age of 16 was unfair to you. And your parents should not have done that. Perhaps the fact that another person has parents who care enough about him that they will let him work through whatever is going on in his life till he finds a way to make things work. Is something you are jealous of? The constant use of the word coddling by you really seems to display some sort of jealousy and disgust at his life style. However you revealing a bit of your past revealed that maybe you are just dealing with some of your own issues and transfering it to him.

Thrasymachus please think of who you want to be and keep that person in your mind every day. Sophia had the most positive question in changing your life for the better. I have had many of the same thoughts at one time or another and you can over come said problems through slow personal growth. I even have a friend very similiar to yours. However my life is getting better and it starts just with the desire to make it better. If you would like more details in the similiarities i would happily tell you through pm. And how I made my life better step by step because it had been a slow 6 year process. And everyone on the site who matter wishes you the best and hopes you can change your life for the better.

Hey - They used to say "pull yourself up by the bootstraps" and get on with it. In todays times it means "get your S**t together and stop whining. This is easier said than done. I was taught to study hard, work hard, find a good woman to love you, and you will be happy with a white picket fence, kids, dogs, the whole banana. Somehow instead I got stepped on, used, abused, and kicked to the curb. Today I am lonely and sad and I honestly don't know how I get out of bed everyday. I won't get into a big thing about my life because this is about you. You only have yourself to depend on. Stop wasting time on destructive crap. If something is not working, drop it and try something else. You are a young person, too young to just chuck it. Get out of that house and be with successful people, that's what I did, I just learned what they were doing and a bit of it rubbed off on me. I still need to get my personal life going but hey, I have time - just like you.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back