We are the new scapegoat of society

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mimizu

Reaction score
With traditional outlets of hatred like blacks, homosexuals, jews being made out of reach, society has turned to the last available victim: unhappy and inconfident people.

Since there is only one socially acceptable victim of hate now, we get it really hard, all the hatred that the three groups above used to absorb is now given to us.

In today's world you must be strong and confident, or you will get stomped down mercilessly.

Here are some responses of society to typical problems that its less confident/dominant members experience:

to a person who suffers because they don't have a relationship, can't find somebody to love, the pain of lovelessness:
haha you can't get laid
you will never have a girlfriend
loser

to a person who suffers because they have no company to be in, the pain of solitude:
haha, you have no friends
you will never have any
you dweeb
creep
get lost
loser

to a person who suffers because they are tired of pain and want to die, the pain of anguish:
haha, slash your wrists
emo
cut upside down, not accross the road
do it

I thought to make this post after seeing someone on IRC pasting this url: [ http://www.drivl.com/posts/view/731 ] and the laughter that ensued.

Here is one of the caricatures that person who runs the blog made: [ http://www.drivl.com/app/webroot/img/articles/delicious.jpg ]

(I made the links plaintext on purpose, so that the blog's owner doesn't find our site by HTTP_REFERER... copy/paste in another browser tab to see them)

In that pic you can see the text "How to meet girls outside of WoW" and "How to pick up girls who like rounded corners"... this is an "average normal person's" attitude to someone who is desperate for human connection, unable to find love, forced to spend all their time playing an online game because nobody in real life accepts them.

I wish I could be one of those people who play online games all day (forgetting their pain), but I can't, because I have no friends even on the internet, and online games are boring alone.

It's very painful to live.

Yes it is painful to live.

So use that pain Mimizu. Strike down those that would do you harm. They deserve it.

I used to be like alot other people. I'd hear about some kid shooting up a school, or some jilted lover taking out his cheating ex, and I'd think they were evil for it. But then I felt what they felt. I suddenly understood.

Kids wouldn't shoot schools up if they weren't teased and bullied, and mocked for being different. Do you have any idea how horrible that is, how messed up it is to not want to go to school because you know whats waiting, each and every day? I do. So when a kid picks up a gun and takes out the people who tormented him, I tend to sympathize.

When someone loves someone and the they learn there lover is cheating and they ruin everything in there life, I can understand why the lover feels the need to take revenge.

Sometimes people need to be punished.

mimizu said:
With traditional outlets of hatred like blacks, homosexuals, jews being made out of reach, society has turned to the last available victim: unhappy and inconfident people.

Since there is only one socially acceptable victim of hate now, we get it really hard, all the hatred that the three groups above used to absorb is now given to us.

In today's world you must be strong and confident, or you will get stomped down mercilessly.

Here are some responses of society to typical problems that its less confident/dominant members experience:

to a person who suffers because they don't have a relationship, can't find somebody to love, the pain of lovelessness:
haha you can't get laid
loser

to a person who suffers because they have no company to be in, the pain of solitude:
you will never have any
you dweeb
creep
get lost
loser

to a person who suffers because they are tired of pain and want to die, the pain of anguish:
haha, slash your wrists
emo
do it

I thought to make this post after seeing someone on IRC pasting this url: [ http://www.drivl.com/posts/view/731 ] and the laughter that ensued.

Here is one of the caricatures that person who runs the blog made: [ http://www.drivl.com/app/webroot/img/articles/delicious.jpg ]

(I made the links plaintext on purpose, so that the blog's owner doesn't find our site by HTTP_REFERER... copy/paste in another browser tab to see them)

In that pic you can see the text "How to meet girls outside of WoW" and "How to pick up girls who like rounded corners"... this is an "average normal person's" attitude to someone who is desperate for human connection, unable to find love, forced to spend all their time playing an online game because nobody in real life accepts them.

I wish I could be one of those people who play online games all day (forgetting their pain), but I can't, because I have no friends even on the internet, and online games are boring alone.

you're right it is..so true..agreed

VengeanceBurning said:
Yes it is painful to live.

So use that pain Mimizu. Strike down those that would do you harm. They deserve it.
Why did you not reply to my PM... are you too cool to answer me? That whole conflict with me and you and sweetviki and lonelygirl wouldn't have happened if you replied to my PM. You made me feel ignored and worthless, when I was just trying to help you.

I used to be like alot other people. I'd hear about some kid shooting up a school, or some jilted lover taking out his cheating ex, and I'd think they were evil for it. But then I felt what they felt. I suddenly understood.

Kids wouldn't shoot schools up if they weren't teased and bullied, and mocked for being different. Do you have any idea how horrible that is, how messed up it is to not want to go to school because you know whats waiting, each and every day? I do. So when a kid picks up a gun and takes out the people who tormented him, I tend to sympathize.
Yes I sympathize too. Because I understand what made them that way.
I saw a lot of anime about this... you should watch Elfen Lied..

mimizu said:

haha you can't get laid
loser

you will never have any
you dweeb
creep
get lost
loser

haha, slash your wrists
emo
do it

we r here to get better to have friends not to cry our pains and complain the socity and do u think there wasnt a lonely black or homo blacks or inconfident jews ,,, we r all suffering even ppl looks so happy they have their time for suffering

iny_75 said:
we r here to get better to have friends  not to cry our pains and complain the socity
I think everyone is here for their own reason... if people want to express their pain because they don't have anyone else who would listen... why is that bad ?

and do u think there wasnt a lonely black or homo blacks or inconfident jews
... ? When did I say that there weren't ? (or still aren't)

I said something else, that once society targeted its aggression on 4 main "acceptable targets": blacks, jews, homosexual, and inconfident people with psychological problems (which exist in every race and population... obviously).

Now the first three traditional targets have been made out of reach thanks to various educational efforts to stamp out racism and homophobia... but the problem stayed....

The reason that people hurt other people is because they have an inherent need to hurt. Think about it for a second.

Why does a racist hate black people? Because hating black people gives him an outlet for his desire to hurt others, because he was also hurt sometime, or because he wants to feel stronger. The black race is just an excuse, it was ok about 70 years ago to say anything you like to black people and mistreat them because they were acceptable targets.

Now people are just as aggressive and seeking to hurt someone as ever, but all those ethnical and sexual minorities aren't acceptable targets anymore. Only we are... people who feel hurt and miserable. We are the only acceptable target.

So for example if that ******* (from the drivl blog) who finds lovelessness funny (saying things like "How do I meet a girl outside of WoW"), and makes his jokes at the expense of miserable people who don't have somebody to love, if he lived 60 years ago, perhaps he would just make a "nigger joke" instead. He would still stay the same *******, but he would lay off the lonely people a bit, being allowed to use other targets.

Not that it's good to insult black people, or homosexuals, or anyone else... it's just now only we, lonely people, have to bear the full burden of human cruelty to those who they deem "inferior". We are the only "inferiors" left.

We really are inferior, because we are hurt and inconfident, and don't fit into this world so well as them. And they hate us for it. They don't want to help us to fit better, they only want us to suffer more. Our pain entertains them and relieves their stress. "Oh look at that jerk without a girlfriend... I bet he has no friends too... hahaha". This way people bond, and feel happier and easier, at our expense.

mimizu said:

I have to disagree with this to some degree - being queer myself I can tell you that homosexuals have not been "made out of reach". It's something that makes for a lot of alienated and lonely people still because much of society as a whole still ostracizes you for it and there are still people actively targeting gays, lesbians, and anyone that falls into a different gender identity than straight; this stuff still happens regularly, I've been the target of hate crimes as have several of my friends at college.

mimizu said:
The reason that people hurt other people is because they have an inherent need to hurt.

I also have to say that, while that may be true for some people, it seems more often that people hurt others because -they- are the insecure ones. By belittling someone else they play into the feeling of power and control that they might lack in other areas of their lives.

Thats just how society is right now and always has been in one way or another. People are cruel, dishonest and selfish and alot of it is due because evry single individual feels insecure about one thing or another and because of it we hurt eachother to eather make ourselves feel better or to protect our hearts. But when you say that you ARE inferior to someone else you automaticaly become that. If you believe something hard enough it become reality so the one thing that is needed is a change of attitude from considering yourself inferior, loser, etc. to realising that you are just as good as everyone else but is having a hard time coping or letting go, fitting in or w/e. It doesnt matter about what 'society' thinks fresia that if you keep comparings yourselves to the image of what you think a person should be you will never find yoursef and be forever lost and not being able to find the way.

Well, speaking as an argumentative SOB (Love me as I am!!):
Actually, I find humor upon the absurdity of dating within ridiculously narrow interests, hilarious! And many groups of however narrow focus are at all willing to laugh at themselves, at least on that score. And I am not threatened in the least by any whatever normative endorsement or expectation, not, I hope, simply of bland and arbitrary conformity, but rather of mature capacity to relate to one another beyond robotically sharing the monumentally trivial. -Only ever afforded the precious opportunity! And I feel that the issue of actual castigation of the lonely is too important and deserves a better case made than hypersensitivity so misplaced. Bullying, in particular, is too serious a matter. Indeed, this thread in and of itself, only provides unintentional parody of the absurd excess arising from uncritical and disproportionate consensual validation. And I think that we need to be challenged to anything better. And it is my fervent hope that such as we might ever rise to any such challenge, seriously and with dignity.

You wound me, sir or madam! The suppression of controversy always makes me feel lonely and rejected. And the questions are important to me.

Can you go back to somethingawful.com or fark.com, or wherever you came from please? You aren't funny.

Latest posts

Back