We're all still human.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EveWasFramed said:
I dont think Ive ever run into anyone like that. Do they really exist I wonder.

one should never get married until running into someone like that.

and yes, they exist. but are rare.

EveWasFramed said:
blackhole said:

lmao, doesnt look good for the continuation of mankind then. :p

i hear ya, lol.

fortunately (unfortunately, idk) procreation happens with and without marriage. my daughter is evidence of that. :D

blackhole said:
EveWasFramed said:
blackhole said:

i hear ya, lol.

fortunately (unfortunately, idk) procreation happens with and without marriage. my daughter is evidence of that. :D

How old is your little one?

EveWasFramed said:
blackhole said:
EveWasFramed said:
blackhole said:

i hear ya, lol.

How old is your little one?

12, going on 20, or 2,

depending on the day

Life is about moderation. There has to be a balance. A yin for every yang.

You can't appreciate the good without the bad.

Good is derived from the bad and vice versa. Which is why they say that too much of a good thing is never a good thing.

Some people feel like rock bottom is the absolute worst place that you can be.

It's not because once you hit rock bottom there's no where to look but up.

I don't even know if that really answer the OP at all hahaha

EveWasFramed said:
... We will piss people off, hurt their feelings, look at things from different (and sometimes skewed) points of view. We can be intolerant and very selfish at times. We make mistakes, sometimes huge and far-reaching ones. We all have our own opinions ... Does there come a point where we have to let the bad things go and just try to do our best to become better people? Thoughts? (please, no fighting :p )

We will never get along with others 100% of the time because we do not always listen and show empathy. The following contains possible reasons why we may NOT interpret others correctly:

~ they could be depressed and not fully expressing themselves properly,
~ we could have unreasonable expectations of the other person,
~ we may not want to take responsibility of our own actions and blame shift,
~ we may have (unknown?) resentment of the other person,
~ one or both may be under stress that decreases rational thought processes,
~ we may not have enough time (or unwilling) to process everything first before making a decision,
~ we may have a different meaning for the word(s) used, or
~ we may have a misunderstanding because some words sound similar, etc.

Therefore, we should always take the time and determine the context of all conversations & what the other person could be going through on a mental, emotional, and/or physical level; because at the end of the day, we can only control ourselves.

Bones said:
EveWasFramed said:
... We will piss people off, hurt their feelings, look at things from different (and sometimes skewed) points of view. We can be intolerant and very selfish at times. We make mistakes, sometimes huge and far-reaching ones. We all have our own opinions ... Does there come a point where we have to let the bad things go and just try to do our best to become better people? Thoughts? (please, no fighting :p )

We will never get along with others 100% of the time because we do not always listen and show empathy. The following contains possible reasons why we may NOT interpret others correctly:

~ they could be depressed and not fully expressing themselves properly,
~ we could have unreasonable expectations of the other person,
~ we may not want to take responsibility of our own actions and blame shift,
~ we may have (unknown?) resentment of the other person,
~ one or both may be under stress that decreases rational thought processes,
~ we may not have enough time (or unwilling) to process everything first before making a decision,
~ we may have a different meaning for the word(s) used, or
~ we may have a misunderstanding because some words sound similar, etc.

Therefore, we should always take the time and determine the context of all conversations & what the other person could be going through on a mental, emotional, and/or physical level; because at the end of the day, we can only control ourselves.

Yes....this.

blackhole said:
EveWasFramed said:
I dont think Ive ever run into anyone like that. Do they really exist I wonder.

Yes, I want to be with a guy where I can freely talk about my monthly cycles without him getting disgusted and put off by it.

just for clarification,

i didn't say someone who makes you feel:

- loved all the time
- perfect all the time
- supported all the time
- tells you all of her business

what i said was, someone who allows you to 'feel' all the time.

as in, someone who doesn't deny you the right to your emotions.

i spent over a decade with a woman who basically required that i have no emotions.

to "feel", is what i am referring to.

also, monthly cycle talk doesn't bother me. because i'm not 12, lol.

blackhole said:
just for clarification,

- loved all the time
- perfect all the time
- supported all the time

i spent over a decade with a woman who basically required that i have no emotions.

I know what you're talking about blackhole. But when you feel a lot, like, a LOT and it affects you, you're kinda emotional. And most people want to avoid emotional people because they feel something over everything. It's fine if its positive but if its negative, well......

Hmm the last time I spoke to a guy about my monthly cycles, and he went ewwww, plz don't tell me, he was 42.

beans said:
blackhole said:
just for clarification,

- loved all the time
- perfect all the time
- supported all the time

I know what you're talking about blackhole. But when you feel a lot, like, a LOT and it affects you, you're kinda emotional. And most people want to avoid emotional people because they feel something over everything. It's fine if its positive but if its negative, well......

Hmm the last time I spoke to a guy about my monthly cycles, and he went ewwww, plz don't tell me, he was 42.

i understand the point you are making. i do.

but it's apples and oranges away from what i'm talking about.

trust me.

your point is valid and true, it's just not at all what i'm getting at.

but i do appreciate your feedback and perspective.

you jumped right to overly-emotional, which is not at all what i said or implied.

and there is a difference between going "ew" when a girl mentions her period and ACTUALLY being horrified.

if your 42 year old gentleman friend was ACTUALLY horrified at the fact that women have a menstrual cycle, well, i can't relate, because i haven't been that immature since probably age 19 or 20.

:p

EveWasFramed said:
Bones said:
EveWasFramed said:
... We will piss people off, hurt their feelings, look at things from different (and sometimes skewed) points of view ... Thoughts? (please, no fighting :p )
... The following contains possible reasons why we may NOT interpret others correctly ... Therefore, we should always take the time and determine the context of all conversations & what the other person could be going through on a mental, emotional, and/or physical level; because at the end of the day, we can only control ourselves.
... Yes....this.

After yesterday's experience, I realized gender differences can play a role as well for miscommunication.

My daughter - since age 12 - likes to either change her hair color or put pink or other highlight colors in it. I have always been against it and warned her of the consequences. She went swimming yesterday and came back with her hair pink, brown, orange, etc from the chlorine.

I explained it to people at work - and, all of the men thought it was funny that I called her Homey (the Clown since clowns have colorful hair) and rainbow (for all of the different colors in a rainbow) - and all of the women felt sorry for my daughter and told me how awful and inconsiderate I was.

Being men, we do not understand the importance of hair as compared to women; and of course when I got home, I said "what up homey." So, I guess I am no longer a good dad, but it was and still is funny. (My mom thought it was funny too and snickered, but refused to do it in front of her and scolded me.)

At any rate, this is another "example of possible miscommunication" that is due to gender differences.

no, that's an example of trying to break your balls.

girls or boys...need to be able to take a joke.

i joke WAY worse than that with my 12 y/o daughter, and she is developing a tough skin because of it.

i mean, come on...multi-colored hair is funny.

if not funny today, it will be funny tomorrow.

what do you want to teach your daughter?

to pout and cry over silly honeysuckle?

or to laugh it off and move the fresia on?

i'd say your initial instinct to joke was correct, and all the females just dogpiled you to make you feel guilty in an attempt to cut off your balls.

did you buy into it?

:D

Latest posts

Back